My constantly updating satellite image...

Testing 1,2,3. This is the place to try out posting, uploading, adding a signature, and all that!
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

That is awesome Tombstone!
BTS

Post by BTS »

Can you see me??????????

Attached files
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

BTS wrote: Can you see me??????????
Wave hi!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

i wanted to test out how to reply to a quote so you have what the previous person said in a grey box then what i want to say, then more of what the previous person said in a grey box and more of what i say, a'la jives in the clown thread in the music forum....

but there arent any posts here long enough for me to try and work out how to do it!!

lets simplify it - can someone tell me how to??

excellent image btw - how come you have it/what do you use it for/how come you even have something like it?!!?!!

:)
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

pink princess wrote: i wanted to test out how to reply to a quote so you have what the previous person said in a grey box then what i want to say, then more of what the previous person said in a grey box and more of what i say, a'la jives in the clown thread in the music forum....

but there arent any posts here long enough for me to try and work out how to do it!!

like this! ;)

lets simplify it - can someone tell me how to??okay, i've always done it the hard way - writing out the 'tags' that create the quoting - but believe it or not, i just now learned how to use the very handy quoting button.

if you go into your profile options, you can select the enhanced text editor, 'WYSIWYG'. i believe the quote button is only available there.

when you want to quote, you need to first start with the 'quote' button when making a reply. that will create the first quoting of all the text. after that, you'll have the entire previous message in quotes. the quote tags look like this - i'm adding spaces between each character/letter, otherwise the software will interpret them as real quotes:

begin quoted text: [ Q U O T E ]

end quoted text: [ Q U O T E ]

you can either quote 'manually' by typing out the above open and close quote tags at the beginning and end of the text you wish to quote, respectively. that's how i've always done it. or, the 'easy' way is to using the quoting button within the editor - it's a button next to all the text editing tools, that looks like a cartoon text balloon - on the far right of all the text tools. to use it, you just highlight the text you want to quote, then hit the quoting button. that'll wrap the text with the above tags.

the only problem is that you'll always be left with one missing close quote tag - at the end of the very first section of quoted text. so there you have to manually enter the quote tag.

i have this uneasy feeling that everything i've just written is a bunch of gobbledygook - won't make any sense to anyone. oh well. i tried!
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

this is sounding complicated

ill give it a go

/takes deep breath!
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

pink princess

Post by pink princess »

anastrophe wrote: like this! ;)

okay, i've always done it the hard way - writing out the 'tags' that create the quoting - but believe it or not, i just now learned how to use the very handy quoting button.

if you go into your profile options, you can select the enhanced text editor, 'WYSIWYG'. i believe the quote button is only available there.

when you want to quote, you need to first start with the 'quote' button when making a reply. that will create the first quoting of all the text. after that, you'll have the entire previous message in quotes. the quote tags look like this - i'm adding spaces between each character/letter, otherwise the software will interpret them as real quotes:

you can either quote 'manually' by typing out the above open and close quote tags at the beginning and end of the text you wish to quote, respectively. that's how i've always done it. or,

the 'easy' way is to using the quoting button within the editor - it's a button next to all the text editing tools, that looks like a cartoon text balloon - on the far right of all the text tools. to use it, you just highlight the text you want to quote, then hit the quoting button. that'll wrap the text with the above tags.

the only problem is that you'll always be left with one missing close quote tag - at the end of the very first section of quoted text. so there you have to manually enter the quote tag.

i have this uneasy feeling that everything i've just written is a bunch of gobbledygook - won't make any sense to anyone. oh well. i tried!

the 'easy' way is to using the quoting button within the editor - it's a button next to all the text editing tools, that looks like a cartoon text balloon - on the far right of all the text tools. to use it, you just highlight the text you want to quote, then hit the quoting button. that'll wrap the text with the above tags.

hmm i have the balloon bit sussed but i cant highlight the text and then quote it i get a java script box come up asking me to enter the text to be quote formatted, if i enter the text i want to quote it puts it at the bottom of the post - as you can see here....

wonder if its coz im on a mac..... but it does add a quote tag at the end which is good!!
life is what you make it

pink princess

Post by pink princess »

okay, i've always done it the hard way - writing out the 'tags' that create the quoting - but believe it or not, i just now learned how to use the very handy quoting button.

you can either quote 'manually' by typing out the above open and close quote tags at the beginning and end of the text you wish to quote, respectively. that's how i've always done it. or, the 'easy' way is to using the quoting button within the editor - it's a button next to all the text editing tools, that looks like a cartoon text balloon - on the far right of all the text tools. to use it, you just highlight the text you want to quote, then hit the quoting button. that'll wrap the text with the above tags.

nope just had a play in the options and when the reply screen comes up you can change guided mode to enhanced mode but thats made no diff!! it still posts the quote at the bottom of the page!!

so either, im stupid (a possibility!) or you have to separate the quotes let it put them at the bottom of the reply, then delete the original quote leaving the separated bits or do it the long way round as anastrophe used to ;) and put manual quotes in!!

i have got somewhere though - thanks to anastrophe i now know how to do it (as best i can anyway!) lets hope there arent too many occcasions where i want to do it, it sounds very time consuming!!!

thankyou anastrophe :D
life is what you make it

pink princess

Post by pink princess »

hello :D

anastrophe wrote: when you want to quote, you need to first start with the 'quote' button when making a reply. that will create the first quoting of all the text. after that, you'll have the entire previous message in quotes. the quote tags look like this - i'm adding spaces between each character/letter, otherwise the software will interpret them as real quotes:

hello

you can either quote 'manually' by typing out the above open and close quote tags at the beginning and end of the text you wish to quote, respectively. that's how i've always done it. or,

anastrophe wrote: the 'easy' way is to using the quoting button within the editor - it's a button next to all the text editing tools

by joves i think ive got it!!

who knows what will happen when i get to work though!!!

(only one thing to say is the quote at the end needs to be a '/' not '') computers huh!!!

thanks jives and anstrophe your both wonderful :D :-4
life is what you make it

Return to “Test Forum”