Height vs Achievement.

Testing 1,2,3. This is the place to try out posting, uploading, adding a signature, and all that!
Dee

Height vs Achievement.

Post by Dee »

What is the link if any? Does height have any effect on achievement? :guitarist
Bill Sikes

Height vs Achievement.

Post by Bill Sikes »

Dee wrote: What is the link if any? Does height have any effect on achievement? :guitarist

I often wish I were a lot taller.
Lon

Height vs Achievement.

Post by Lon »

I am 6' 4" and know that it has beneficial when interviewing for management positions (when I was working). I can't ever remember being turned down when asking a female to dance. It certainly was an aid to my playing basketball and vollleyball. Fortunately, I had some other things going for me as well. On the negative side? I would like to have a dollar for every time I have hit my head on a door jamb, ship bulkhead, low hanging limbs and other low hanging objects. I hate gardening (sorry Jack) because I can never seem to get comfortable while doing it. Most garden implements are made for people of average height. Beds? There is another problem. Four years in the military as a kid, required me to sleep with my legs always bent, or, place them on top of the bar at the end of the 6" 1" bed. We tall ones must watch our posture becasue of our constantly bending over when talking to the vertically challenged. We also must be careful when approaching vertically challenged people, lest we intimidate and scare them off (I am not kidding).

Most of us that are tall, don't even think about it utill we see ourselves in photos, standing beside average sized folk.
Peg

Height vs Achievement.

Post by Peg »

I'm 5' tall. I think it really hasn't had an effect on my achievements. The only down side is top shelves LOL. There's really nothing I can't do now that I couldn't do if I were 6' tall.

Return to “Test Forum”