Friends?

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Are there any Real friends out there? Since I bought my first computer last year on my retirement. I have not met one internet friend. I don't have many real live friends either come to think of that.
anastrophe

Friends?

Post by anastrophe »

Real friends are rare. i can count on one hand the number of true friends i've had in my lifetime. many, many acquaintances. lots of 'fast' friends. but few lasting friendships.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Yes,same here,

I added you to my e friends list if that's ok?

And by the way,my name is also Paul.
anastrophe

Friends?

Post by anastrophe »

capt_buzzard wrote: Yes,same here,

I added you to my e friends list if that's ok?
certainly! i have electronic acquaintances all over the world. in person i'm shy and generally not very outgoing, so internet friends are great for me. i'm much more open online.

And by the way,my name is also Paul.for whatever reason, i've never liked my name. maybe it's because i don't have a voice that projects, plus it's a deep bass. so whenever i say my name to people, i almost always get a 'what?'. of course, then they get to my last name and all hope is lost.

:D
capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Paul and the Greek 2nd name. Not your real name? Does not matter.One has to be careful on the net.

But in Irish Paul is Pol.. another mouthful LOL :) But I do prefer that Real world.

And No Irishman is shy.
anastrophe

Friends?

Post by anastrophe »

capt_buzzard wrote: Paul and the Greek 2nd name. Not your real name? Does not matter.One has to be careful on the net.

But in Irish Paul is Pol.. another mouthful LOL :)
oh, it's my real name. paul christopher theodoropoulos. having been on the 'net as long as i have, i gave up all hope of anonymouty a decade ago.
capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

anastrophe wrote: oh, it's my real name. paul christopher theodoropoulos. having been on the 'net as long as i have, i gave up all hope of anonymouty a decade ago.

Good for you pal. Ever been to Ireland?
anastrophe

Friends?

Post by anastrophe »

capt_buzzard wrote: Good for you pal. Ever been to Ireland?
nope, though i'd like to. the only place outside the US i've ever been was mazatlan, mexico, in 1992 to see the total solar eclipse. my work has kept me chained to a desk since then. someday, i want to travel the world, and i do mean the world. i want to see china, the russian steppes, egypt, bali, viet nam, kurdistan, romania, albania, chile, honduras, okinawa, guam, oh my gosh there is so much to see in this world.
capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

anastrophe

Friends?

Post by anastrophe »

capt_buzzard wrote: http://www.ireland.travel.com

http://www.dublintourist.com

Try them. :-6
someday, someday, indeed!
Tombstone

Friends?

Post by Tombstone »

capt_buzzard wrote: Are there any Real friends out there? Since I bought my first computer last year on my retirement. I have not met one internet friend. I don't have many real live friends either come to think of that.

Paul, I agree with Paul. :-3

True friends are hard to find and once you do, it takes some work and mutual cultivation.

But having said that, I'm already beginning to make great acquaintances here and hope many of them will turn into pals. That's a first for me! (Internet friends.)

And like anastrophe, I've been around networks longer than I haven't. :o
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Tombstone wrote: Paul, I agree with Paul. :-3

True friends are hard to find and once you do, it takes some work and mutual cultivation.

But having said that, I'm already beginning to make great acquaintances here and hope many of them will turn into pals. That's a first for me! (Internet friends.)

And like anastrophe, I've been around networks longer than I haven't. :o

Thank you Friend. I may have started out here in this forum a little on heavy side,but you will see a lighter me from now on. And thanks again pal. :-6
anastrophe

Friends?

Post by anastrophe »

capt_buzzard wrote: Thank you Friend. I may have started out here in this forum a little on heavy side,but you will see a lighter me from now on. And thanks again pal. :-6
don't worry about the heavy side. the world needs both.

anyway, i love a good donnybrook.

:p
capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

plazul wrote: I'm fortunate to have a lot of real friends but they're all very busy. I am a temporary invalid with a leg broken in two places and a broken ankle (ATV roll over). My back is killing me too.

I'm semi retired working from home now doing some accounting work, real estate stuff, and some very modest day trading. I sit in my customized recliner and work two computer screens and hobble outside to the deck for some air now and then. Friends and family stop by in the evening but I'm bored as hell and thankful that I'm making some Internet friends. I think they could become *real friends.*

G Man, I'm sorry if I come the heavy back a while ago. Please forgive me. Sometimes I let a lot of things get to me. But I'm glad I've found this forum. There is another side of me,there really is.

Thanks for being there.
Peg

Friends?

Post by Peg »

Real life friends are rare. I have a couple that I'd do anything for. One, if we don't talk at least once a day, we have withdrawal. Nice thing is, we work together too but it's different shifts. I've made a few online friends over the last 5 years. I'm basically the same in real life as I am on the net. If I have something to say, I say it. I used to be painfully shy until I started working with the public. Now, I can talk to most anyone. I know one guy though that could strike up a conversation with a tree and and you'd think they were long lost friends. I'd like to be more like him.
capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Thanks PEG, :-6
capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

anastrophe wrote: don't worry about the heavy side. the world needs both.

Hey, DonnyBrook is a village in Dublin :-6
capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

anastrophe wrote: don't worry about the heavy side. the world needs both.

IUFSNBAP
anastrophe

Friends?

Post by anastrophe »

capt_buzzard wrote: IUFSNBAP
alright scrapper, put up your dukes!

capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

anastrophe wrote: alright scrapper, put up your dukes!

Its a Sinn Fein code to members world wide.

Way you go, and you did not get it from me.

Ireland Unfree Shall Never Be A Peace
Tombstone

Friends?

Post by Tombstone »

plazul wrote: I'm fortunate to have a lot of real friends but they're all very busy. I am a temporary invalid with a leg broken in two places and a broken ankle (ATV roll over). My back is killing me too.

Holy smokes! That's horrible. I knew you were busted up - but didn't realize it was from an ATV accident. Care to share? How did you get it to roll over? Excessive speed? Terrain?

I'm interested because offroad riding has been a big hobby of mine since I was a wee lad. I'm a two-wheeler enthusiast myself. Never had the desire for quads - even when riding on the dunes in California or Oregon.
Tombstone

Friends?

Post by Tombstone »

capt_buzzard wrote: Thank you Friend. I may have started out here in this forum a little on heavy side,but you will see a lighter me from now on. And thanks again pal. :-6

Thanks! I have some threads here where I get fairly worked-up. I haven't seen anything from you that would be construed as heavy - but maybe I'm a little heavy by nature. :-2
capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Warsai wrote: Just call on me brother, when you need a hand, we all need somebody to lean on.

I just might have a problem that you understand we all need somebody to lean on.

Lean on me, when you're not strong and I'll be your friend I'll help you to carry on....

I have to admit that I get a little heavy too, but it's the heaviness of some of the members here that have made this forum grow very fast.

Thank you. :-6 :-6
Peg

Friends?

Post by Peg »

I'm glad you're happy now. :D
Peg

Friends?

Post by Peg »

I used to talk in a very local chatroom until it closed. :-1 We used to all get together and have picnics, lunch, birthday parties, etc. It was a real blast to actually spend real life time with the people I talked to on the net all the time. Unfortunately, after the room closed, we all kind of lost touch. When we do talk, we all say how we should have lunch, but it never seems to happen. :-1
Tombstone

Friends?

Post by Tombstone »

Wow. Sorry to hear of your struggles. Sounds like you had one tough road to hoe.

However, thrilled to hear that you are doing well now! Thanks for sharing that.

capt_buzzard wrote: Thought I would share this with you. It just seems the right time...

Thanks for being there.
weeder

Friends?

Post by weeder »

I couldnt have made it through my life so far without my very good friends.

For my era.... the concept of making them over the internet is a little odd.

If you havent had them...you probobly havent needed them. Which maybe is a good thing. They can dissapoint you also.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
capt_buzzard

Friends?

Post by capt_buzzard »

capt_buzzard wrote: Are there any Real friends out there? Since I bought my first computer last year on my retirement. I have not met one internet friend. I don't have many real live friends either come to think of that. Since joining FG. A whole new awareness about the world around me and the people in it had not changed. I have.

Thank you Tombstone for inviting me to FG.
weeder

Friends?

Post by weeder »

y last relationship ended 4 years ago...My lifelong FRIEND lived off my income for 6

years...Let me help him get a great job, then hooked up with someone else....

because I WORKED TOO MUCH. Im my best friend.
minks

Friends?

Post by minks »

capt_buzzard wrote: Are there any Real friends out there? Since I bought my first computer last year on my retirement. I have not met one internet friend. I don't have many real live friends either come to think of that.

Patience is my suggestion if your looking for friends on the internet. You gotta go through a lot weeds before you find the flowers.

And yes speaks from experience here.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Friends?

Post by minks »

Well I am going to go out on a limb here and I can handle the laughs remarks but

Try online friendship groups or online dating, again I state "Patience"

You gotta be brave and cautious as well and open minded and flexible. You have to give people a chance to show their real selves. And take a pro active approach. Go for it, and as the term states "we ain't getting any younger" so go for it.

― Mae West
weeder

Friends?

Post by weeder »

KlatunIckto wrote: At my age patience waiting or looking for something or someone is something Iam running shy of :-5 :-5
You of course recovery from a dissapointing or heart breaking relationship,

but I have found you are forever changed I always loved loving someone,but

now..like yourself Im pretty much resolved to being alone for the rest of my life. As much as I would love to have one more go round, I dont have the patience to invest myself investigating. It took me almost four years to adjust to life on my own after the last breakup. I wouldnt have it in me to recover again. And any way

I kind of like "Talking to myself now. I do it openly, and I dont pay attention to anyone noticing.. Ha Ha On the other hand..... My dad is 76 ( Doesnt look it)

And he has women fighting over him. Pretty weird when dad is telling you about his date last night... And I have an appointment with a pot pie. Also as the others say.: Someone could be around any corner, any day." Which is the wonder,

and the thrill of life.
minks

Friends?

Post by minks »

Im pretty much resolved to being alone for the rest of my life. As much as I would love to have one more go round, I dont have the patience to invest myself investigating. It took me almost four years to adjust to life on my own after the last breakup.

Oh Weeder that sounds very much the defeatest attitude. Sorry am a firm believer that you don't have to be alone you just have to not give up trying and keep your mind open to many options. It isn't about age it's about the effort if you sincerely do not want to die alone then get out there and meet people you may just luck out and find some pretty cool folks. Maybe not the perfect lover maybe only the perfect friend who the heck knows, but you gotta keep trying if you desire a partner.

― Mae West
minks

Friends?

Post by minks »

KlatunIckto wrote: :thinking: "pro-active" Muahahahaha

Why the evil laugh ye ole handless one???

― Mae West

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”