I have to start my own website

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Because I'm thinking if I've experienced this then others have had to as well ...I can't be the ony one in the world surely.

WORST MARRIAGE PROPOSALS EVER!

Mine consisted of only hours ago ..........

" do you want the ****ing ring that comes with me or what" .........I'm not even sure what concept of that sentence I declined but I was re-assured .

apparently it's not a marriage proposal but a "lead up" to a marriage proposal . well thank goodness for that because I could of been offended or something . :yh_rotfl

hey I said my life was never dull didn't I ...sigh.

so what say you forum gardeners? Have you heard worse?
Delorean

Post by Delorean »

Oh dear. Mills & Boon eat your heart out! :yh_rotfl

Nope, can't say I've heard worse than that. So, I'm assuming you said no? As nicely as possible of course, you wouldn't want to risk offending his delicate sensitivities :p
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Snap him up quickly.........before he casts his magic spell elsewhere.......smooth tongued males like him are a rarity.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

"Shove the ring up your fat ass with the proposal!" would have been my simple reply.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

we think the same JJ. to top it all off it was said over the phone. When he said "the rock" was bought for me and now what was he going to do with it . I told him to give it to someone more deserving. He again asked, and I told him to "eat it and **** it out his own arse."

Delorean, he was quite upset when I said no ...maybe I should have been more sensitive.

Bruv, I'll give him your address.:confused::yh_rotfl
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I was talking to a Kiwi friend when I read this thread, so I shared it with her.

She said that sounds like a fairly average proposal for an Aussie.

:)
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

she'd know :yh_rotfl they arent' that much different over on the Island.:yh_rotfl
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

fuzzywuzzy;1371666 wrote: When he said "the rock" was bought for me and now what was he going to do with it . I told him to give it to someone more deserving. He again asked, and I told him to "eat it and **** it out his own arse."

You are such a tease........no wonder he was so tongue tied.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

oh please send him to America....he sounds like my kinda guy! ..... NOT
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1371630 wrote: Because I'm thinking if I've experienced this then others have had to as well ...I can't be the ony one in the world surely.

" do you want the ****ing ring that comes with me or what" .........I'm not even sure what concept of that sentence I declined but I was re-assured .

apparently it's not a marriage proposal but a "lead up" to a marriage proposal . well thank goodness for that because I could of been offended or something . :yh_rotfl

That must be on a par with the classic "brace yourself Sheila"
ShyChara

Post by ShyChara »

fuzzywuzzy;1371630 wrote: Because I'm thinking if I've experienced this then others have had to as well ...I can't be the ony one in the world surely.

That wasn't a very nice way for him to do it. You should say no until he learns some manners!!!
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

ShyChara;1372657 wrote: That wasn't a very nice way for him to do it. You should say no until he learns some manners!!!

I admire his spunk
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
ellieR

Post by ellieR »

If he was serious and you did want him to propose, it might be a different approach. I think he should ask again in a more serious manner if sincere and you think it is what you want to hear. Otherwise, I guess chalk it up to a funny experience or not.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

well that was rude of me . I should have up dated this .

yes he eventually asked properly and yes I said yes. After I dumped him and made him eat cake (and the foot that went with it)

I've found out since that this hard man that isn't too good at expressing his emotions I fell in love with over three years ago has had someone else to talk to (okay they hit him over the head with a brick) and since then he has been very open and forthcoming. He's still very old fashioned but in a good way ...(For instance when I was married to the ex he always had to finish work first before he could attend a family emergency).....Well when I was sick a couple of months ago I hadn't even told him why I was at the hospital and he was already booking tickets for a flight and was at the hospital after the operation within 24 hours...two states away. And he hates flying. I've just spent the last 6 weeks at his home being looked after and fed up and made healthy and comfortable..... So we've made plans and I'll be Mrs Gallagher at he end of the year. And he wants a new way and start in his own life adn would like to have another child. If it happens it happens I'm not fussed so I'm happy and he's happy and our kids are having heart attacks ....thank god they like him :)
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

fuzzywuzzy;1386768 wrote:

So we've made plans and I'll be Mrs Gallagher at he end of the year. And he wants a new way and start in his own life and would like to have another child. If it happens it happens I'm not fussed so I'm happy and he's happy and our kids are having heart attacks ....thank god they like him :)

What about his kids ?

And......'if it happens it happens'..........you do know it doesn't just happen?:yh_rotfl
koan

Post by koan »

congratulations, fuzzy!

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”