PLEASE HELP! :'( stupid little bugs in my house

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
boo_who

Post by boo_who »

I have these tiny little bugs in my house, I have no idea what they are. At first I thought they might be baby cockroaches (which made me want to vomit) but they have not got any bigger. I live in Kent which is in England, and I am a rather clean and tidy person, although I am not meticulously clean (there are sometimes crumbs under my toaster). I first noticed them on my wooden blinds in my front room, but now they are everywhere (except my bathroom). I wanted to take a picture of them but it is really hard because they are so small and my camera on my phone is a bit broken so I have done the best I can. I welcome all replies and I hope I have provided the necessary information. I am moving soon and I really don't want these to move with me!
boo_who

Post by boo_who »

postimage.org/image/i6pnp0as/

Copy and paste for image
spot

Post by spot »

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
theia

Post by theia »

Could they be thunder flies? My daughter was inundated with them when she lived in the Midlands. I can remember, years ago, first noticing tiny red spider ants...and the more I looked the more I saw...they were everywhere. Nowadays I try not to look :-3
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Does this help?

German Cockroach

Thea is that really you????? The post I mean, not the BUG !!!!

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

spot

Post by spot »

Scale, Pam, we can't tell the scale. Is that an inch long? Five feet of ferocious Teutonic beetly thing?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

"Adult German cockroaches are 1/2 to 5/8 inch long and tan to light brown (Fig. 1). Although they have fully developed wings, they do not fly. Nymphs are similar in appearance to adults except that they are smaller and lack wings. The German cockroach is best identified by its small size and by two dark parallel lines running from the back of the head to the wings. It is usually found in kitchens (near dishwashers, stoves, and sinks) and in bathrooms of homes."

German Cockroaches — Entomology — Penn State University

theia

Post by theia »

Pammie, Pammie, Pammie!!!!

It is SO good to see you...please stay :-4:-4:-4 I'll even pretend I'm a cockroach if you do!
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

GUFFAW.... Didn't some Kafka bloke turn into a beetle?

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

A cockroach called Theia is heia

Creepy-crawling about spreading feia

But bed bugs are worse

And a curse on this verse

Pam is over the moon just to seia

theia

Post by theia »

AussiePam;1363735 wrote: A cockroach called Theia is heia

Creepy-crawling about spreading feia

But bed bugs are worse

And a curse on this verse

Pam is over the moon just to seia

Oh, I'd forgotten all about your little odes, Pammie...brilliant :-6

Yes, didn't someone wake up and realise he was a beetle?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhhhh, Theia and AussiePam are both here:-4

Things are looking up !!!
theia

Post by theia »

Ahhh, that's such a lovely thing to say, Kathy :-4
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

GUFFAW....

Good morning to two of my absolute favourite Ladies. And yes, in the short story "Metamorphosis" Mr Kafka has his protagonist waking up one morning as a bug. On the road outside this apartment block someone, ages ago, must have spilled a pot of paint. It is in the shape of a squashed beetle, or at least that's how Dieter always interprets it when we walk past. I've always thought it was Kafka-esque. Kafka was a pretty scary bloke, altogether.

Today I must pack

Today I must pack

I haaaate packing.... COFFFFEEEEEEEEEE

(that reminds me...must pack coffee making stuff)

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

boo_who;1363714 wrote: I have these tiny little bugs in my house, I have no idea what they are. At first I thought they might be baby cockroaches (which made me want to vomit) but they have not got any bigger. !

Is It the Labour Party?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I must say, when I first read the OP, I did wonder if News of the World had been somehow involved.

fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Midgys.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

G'day Fuzzy. How's things?

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AussiePam;1363783 wrote: G'day Fuzzy. How's things?

And G'day Pam - 'tis wonderful to see you :-6
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Doing well Pam back at school studying building and construction . Nice to see you back . eldest boy is joining the Navy , second son now gets payed to play footy and youngest is ...well ....still wants to take over the world .
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Thank you for your kind welcome back, Bryn, and very best wishes to you in your FG-owner hat. I just popped in on spec the other day and saw some old friends who I've missed. Maybe the time in the desert is over. It would be nice ....

Fuzzy - the course sounds very interesting. And your boys are growing up!!! My kids are all back in Australia now - good choice I think, but I'm biased. Grin.

theia

Post by theia »

And don't forget your tea-pot, Pammie :yh_devil
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I'm afraid I'll be leaving all Tea Parties and other abominations very well alone, Theia!!

I actually went to an "afternoon tea", Ritz style, a week ago. There were fifty, at least, different kinds of camellia leaf to quaff, and those layered serving plates of mini cakes, scones, savouries. All exquisite. Bone china, hand made lace doilies, linen napkins, silver, two hours of cocktail conversation..... I thought I behaved remarkably well, considering. [Someone found me an espresso, which helped]. I would have crooked my little finger, but a Lady knows that this is only done by the genteel, and not when one swings from the chandeliers anyway, considering we'd started with champagne, as one does...

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AussiePam;1363793 wrote: Thank you for your kind welcome back, Bryn, and very best wishes to you in your FG-owner hat. I just popped in on spec the other day and saw some old friends who I've missed. Maybe the time in the desert is over. It would be nice ....

Fuzzy - the course sounds very interesting. And your boys are growing up!!! My kids are all back in Australia now - good choice I think, but I'm biased. Grin.

It would be more than nice, it would be well overdue :p

Does the return of the offspring mean no more excuses to come over to Europe?
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Not at all, Bryn. I need no excuse. I just got back from a wander in France and Italy. Next time, I'll probably visit the UK too. Him Indoors in a Brit.. grin, so we speak the language.

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AussiePam;1363883 wrote: Not at all, Bryn. I need no excuse. I just got back from a wander in France and Italy. Next time, I'll probably visit the UK too. Him Indoors in a Brit.. grin, so we speak the language.

You're an Aussie - you couldn't possibly :p
theia

Post by theia »

AussiePam;1363883 wrote: Not at all, Bryn. I need no excuse. I just got back from a wander in France and Italy. Next time, I'll probably visit the UK too. Him Indoors in a Brit.. grin, so we speak the language.

Well, don't forget to pop in for a cup of t...coffee with me when you do :-6
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Theia - I'd love to get back down to the west ... who knows?

Right now, I'm packing (in the Aussie sense of the word ) - gotta hit the road in 15 minutes. Have laptop though ....

shenglu

Post by shenglu »

Although they have fully developed wings, they can not fly. Nymphs are adults, unless they smaller, lack wings, similar in appearance. German cockroach is best to determine its small size and two dark parallel lines running from the back of the head on the wings.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”