Advice anyone?

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
strongirl56

Advice anyone?

Post by strongirl56 »

Hey you guys,

I went on okcupid.com (OKC) and I met this guy (B). Our match was 99% and so I decided to give it a try. We started emailing each other back and forth, exchanged numbers and then finally met up. All of this happened in a short period of time, since we have so much in common and so much to talk about. We are always texting, talking and emailing each other. He has always been there for me and it seems like we are hitting it off pretty well. We have came to the agreement that we will take things slow and give each other 6-7 months of a grace period to get to know each other before we decide whether we will go out as boyfriend/girlfriend or not.

B is ten years older than I am and is about two inches shorter than I am. It was weird for me that first time we met up because I have never dated or gone out with anyone that much shorter than I am. I think he felt the same way as well. He has told me that he has come to develop feelings for me and even gone as far as say I will always be there be you. All he wants is for me to be happy.

The fact that he is shorter and older than me by ten years have been bothering me, and yet I do not want to give up on the connection that we have with each other. I have told my mom that it bothers me that he is shorter than me and she has suggested that I cut all ties with him and I understand where she is coming from. Cuz if I don't, it would seem like I'm leading him on right? But if I did tell him, then he would feel rejected and hurt, which is something that I do not want.

But the question now is can I be friends with him knowing that he has feelings for me and might one day expect more from me?

Please feel free to comment thanks.
Bruv

Advice anyone?

Post by Bruv »

B's height wouldn't matter if you really had a connection, better you end it now, because everything else you have said goes for nothing if he's height means that much to you.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
along-for-the-ride

Advice anyone?

Post by along-for-the-ride »

If both you and he can see each other as friends, there should be no problem. It is way too early in your relationship to be more than that to each other. JMO
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Scrat

Advice anyone?

Post by Scrat »

I can see where age can make a difference but really SG, he's 2 inches shorter than you and that's an issue? Just stop wasting the guys time and let him go.
Sheryl

Advice anyone?

Post by Sheryl »

1. You actually found a 99% match?? Guessing I'm one of a kind then lol

As for your question, if the height issue bugs you so much, then just like the other person posted, there wasn't a real connection. If you do want to maintain a friendship, then you need to be honest with him about you not ever developing feelings for him.

Good luck!
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
mikeinie

Advice anyone?

Post by mikeinie »

Go with the 1% doubt.. it will get you every time.. dump him..

if you have to ask, then you already know the anwser
mionE

Advice anyone?

Post by mionE »

b's height would'nt matter as much if you really love the guy.,
Odie

Advice anyone?

Post by Odie »

If I loved a man, I couldn't handle him being shorter than me either.

the age difference shouldn't matter.

rather than hurt his feelings on the way you feel, perhaps its best now to tell him you just want to be friends, if he decides he wants more......move on.

It doesn't have to be a 99% match as I am also on the same dating scene, I look for ones that have similar lifestyles and interests.
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”