I refused a male friend's present.

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
wellent

Post by wellent »

last night my best friend Roger told me he wanted to buy me a new sports shoes for hiking because he heard I planned to go on a hiking next month.and he showed the image of that shoes for me online,really it was so nice and fashionable,I like.

Anyway I cant accept his present for nothing,but I don't know how to tell him....
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Not sure on this one, depends on the friendship. Sometimes you it can be just as important to be able to accept a gift in good faith as it can be to refuse it. If the motivation of this gift is based in good friendship and wanting to support you on this hike (maybe your friend is genially happy for you) then accept the gift in the spirit in which is it offered.

Sometimes payback is just in the friendship.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Ahhh, the sports shoe ploy. Never worked for me either.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Tell him you appreciate the offer but would prefer he just buy a pair for himself and join you on the hike.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Nice answer Floppy and I agree.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

If your friend was female and made the same offer, would you accept?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”