best date for you

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Serenity

best date for you

Post by Serenity »

mmmm. this is a vague question, but i'll try and give it my all.

First off, i'll pretend we're still residing in a world of caring and decency where passion and devotion are still sacred. (this is the world i like to dream of when i indulge in romantic affairs.)

My ideal first date would involve public exposure with the person, so as to see how they operate on a daily basis and how compatible they'd be on a worldy level...what i mean by this, is that a healthy relationship deals a lot with day-to-day events and isn't always spent in the bedroom. I can always land a girl and keep her interested in the sack, but i always find myself leaving them because i lacked providence to control my lust and see if i was compatible with them to deal with daily pressures.

I like to test my potentials to see where there mind and priorities are at.

is this a person i can build a future with and furthermore are they goin to be tolerable ona day to day basis in order to get to that point?

that's why i like to get out and about and see how they handle life outside closed doors...this is where you see how a person thinks about life, rather then how they're thinking when they've momentarily shut off the reality of the outside world , in order to quench their desires of what is about to happen after wine and candles.

After that, i like to know what the person's values and emotional depths are. I'd find this out by conversation that is helped to flow freely over the comfort of a "romantic dinner" as you put it. I want to know if they're a giver, have some good values and self-respect, etc.

If all this went well, then that'd be a really good date.

That probably sounds more like a synopsis or a apptitude test , then a "perfect date", but i've always tried to date people that i hoped would share the sames visions as myself......so if i found we were on the same level , then that would be the start of a relationship in which romance would be welcomed.

You can allow emotions to coincide on an equal level with logic, if the system is in place.

BUT.... let's not forget....i said we were pretending here. THere's still the real world to deal with and i've got a little bit of practice with that one too. :D

Usually, in light of myself coming to reason, that if i wish to curb my fleshly desires, certain quality characteristics that would appeal to me in the longterm, must be over-ruled by those of physical attributes of which to be experienced in the short term.

in short..... beauty over brains and how fast can i get to the beauty part.

Perfect date in this situation would be goin out somewhere in a group preferably to a social place to get the verbal flattery with out of the way, and see just how far the situation can be pushed.....if it's green light , then personally i find there's no tool that does the job better then a hot tub.

you can throw your romantic dinner in there where ever you like, but havin a hot tub and people revealing some skin, sure seems to do away with the security measures to gettin where you want to go with the night.

I've lost my virginity 7 times due to hot tubs. :thumbup:

so- sum this up. -> Public outing, boozing, hot tub = perfect date.

I went go-karting with a girl on a first date once. I never thought that'd fly. I finally had the balls to say to myself- "Hey, if this date turns out to be no good, at least i went go-karting". turned out my date had a blast. The rest is x-rated and you can buy a copy.

Just so i don't sound like a total horny 15 yr old, i should leave this for you to think about, and it's something i try to practice myself. - when you go out on a date, do something you know you like to do. If your date doesn't have a good time, it's better you find out now and move on to someone else who is compatible.

Hot tub still rocks IMO :)
Action Cures Fear. ;)

"Hi. Nice to meet you...I'm "Mr. Everything's a conspiracy theory". "
Serenity

best date for you

Post by Serenity »

obvious miscommunication here.

I'm not 15, so much as i'm 21.

sure wouldn't mind being 15 again, that's for sure.

"t'was such a simpler life". haha
Action Cures Fear. ;)

"Hi. Nice to meet you...I'm "Mr. Everything's a conspiracy theory". "
Bill Sikes

best date for you

Post by Bill Sikes »

jwolf7722 wrote: what is your idea of a best first date:

they say you can tell alot about a person just by there ideal first date.

which would you choose?

1.quiet romantic dinner,

2.going to see a new movie,

3.a sporting event or outdoor outing where they is alot of socializing and activities.

if you have any others you like please post them, but choose which one of these three you would pick for a ideal date.

1) You might worry excessively about social constraints, waiters, proper form,

etc., and have your natural style cramped. You can't be all that romantic on a first date, anyway! You can't "push" romance, it's either there or it isn't.

2) You won't have any time to talk, and your social interaction will be limited to before and after the film. How are you going to catch those fleeting expressions and quick glances in a kinema? (not that you should watch closely for them anyway, 'else you will come over as a bit overbearing or weird).

3) Needs to be specific for advice, but sounds like the best bet so far, if it's

daytime.

I'd consider something fairly mundane, a walk along the river or something, a trip around town, as long as there are plenty of people about, and enough places to "stop off" and have a drink, ice cream, spot of informal lunch, buy stuff, do something interest, that sort of thing.

Regards, Aunty Bill Sikes.
capt_buzzard

best date for you

Post by capt_buzzard »

My first date was a trip to Scotland and hiking in the North of Scotland, from Inverness to Fort William. A group of eighteen young people aged 15 to 19 years. After the long trek over the hills we went to one of the lads *****to a big open log fire. And sang songs until the small hours. :guitarist I was 16 years old. And I fell in love with Scotland and the girl with the red hair. :-6 :-6
A Karenina

best date for you

Post by A Karenina »

How fun! I choose #1 and #3 combined. I've already had that date, and it was probably the best first date I ever had.

First, a nice long drive in the car listening to music and singing (I sing off-key, so this is the first test. Will he tell me to shutup, or will he join in? LOL. He did neither, he just laughed at me.)

Then, a lovely hike in the mountains with fall foliage everywhere.

After that, a drive further up the mountain to eat at a small quiet restaurant. The food was terrible. The company and conversation was awesome. A stand-up comic performed after dinner, and I got to interpret American humor for my foreign-born date. Have you ever tried to explain Gilligan's Island to a European intellectual? An experience I highly recommend - it was hilarious.

The moon was full, the pines looked gorgeous outlined against the night sky, so we went for a walk. It began to snow. He asked to kiss me (awwww!), and it was sweet, warm, innocent yet sensual. We did not pursue it any further that night. I went home and slept like a baby. (happy sigh)
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”