True Love....How do you know?

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

How do you know that the person you are with is your life partner?

Do you ever worry about that person leaving you?
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

WonderWendy3;770723 wrote: How do you know that the person you are with is your life partner?

Nope......Trust him with my life..We want the same things out of life, enjoy the same activities bar two things, my internet obsession and one of his erm sexual obsessions lol....Were soul mates that will remain together till the end of one or the other. Hes my rock, still makes me get butterflies. He tells me loves me daily (more than once) we do nice things for each other because we want to. If hes a few minutes late home, im at the window worrying where hes at, vice versa hes ringing work or my mobby. I still tingle when we kiss and get that feeling:sneaky:.........Sure we have them off days but the good far outway the bad.:-4:-4:-4
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

WonderWendy3;770723 wrote: How do you know that the person you are with is your life partner?

You never know!

That is why you never take it for granted, abuse it, neglect it or treat it like it is a given.

Life partnership isn’t something that happens, it something that you make happen.

Do I worry? I don’t want to say yes, because it is not like I walk around every day worrying about it.

But do I take for granted that she would stay if I ever screwed around, or messed up our relationship? No.

The same goes for her, that is why it has worked so far.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Thank you for responding already, great answers...I was going to share why I'm asking this...but I'm refraining from doing so for various reasons...

I guess I will ask one more question:

Do you consider a relationship without fighting unhealthy? Or is it because two people really love each other?

I know that everyone is different and taking that into consideration also....I'm enjoying the answers, thanks again!:-6
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

We seldom fight, which is amazing because we are both strong willed and don’t hold back our opinions. We just respect each other and when having different opinions don’t digress into insults and abuse.

Not to say that we don’t argue over issues, it just doesn’t become personal attacks. When we do fight she just stops talking to me for a day or two, but we always end up talking it out.

Then I apologise and tell her she was right all along! :-5
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

WonderWendy3;770735 wrote: Thank you for responding already, great answers...I was going to share why I'm asking this...but I'm refraining from doing so for various reasons...

Do you consider a relationship without fighting unhealthy? Or is it because two people really love each other?

I know that everyone is different and taking that into consideration also....I'm enjoying the answers, thanks again!:-6

Cant say im qualified enough to answer generally but imo I feel sometimes its good to get things out in the open and clear the air. Not many people can live with someone 24/7 for 25+ years and say they have never had a crossed word.

Now I dont agree with all out war and some peeps just seem to argue cos they like the sound of their own voice.

We have a disagrement, I go off into another room, he comes after a ten minute cooling off period and asks if id like a coffee and there you have it drama over lol...Mind you he tried another tack the other week and blew on me:thinking: and them made me laff.. We have been together 19 years this July and married 13 years this September so whatever we have must be working lol...
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

jimbo;770741 wrote: suzy gave the silent trearment for a day once then she saw i was enjoying it and never repeated the process :-5:-5

I hear you! When that happens she goes to the bedroom, which means I can stay up as late as I want and watch whatever I want.... I should argue more often:wah:
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Anyone that could put up with me for the better part of 32 years (dated since I was 16), must love me one hell of a lot. We don't try to change each other and we both go and do pretty much whatever we want without trying to keep up or keep score (as long as it doesn't interfere with plans or family).

As far as worrying about leaving? Now and then you get a thought in your head about what if and it is scary, so I try to do things that doesn't let those thoughts enter. (make sense)?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

WonderWendy3;770735 wrote: Thank you for responding already, great answers...I was going to share why I'm asking this...but I'm refraining from doing so for various reasons...

We honestly don't fight. Had maybe 2 in our time together. I have no idea how people live together while constantly fighting. I have to figure its because we love each other and don't want to upset each other.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

we don't argue or fight, I couldn't live like that. :-3
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

YZGI;770783 wrote: Anyone that could put up with me for the better part of 32 years (dated since I was 16), must love me one hell of a lot. We don't try to change each other and we both go and do pretty much whatever we want without trying to keep up or keep score (as long as it doesn't interfere with plans or family).

As far as worrying about leaving? Now and then you get a thought in your head about what if and it is scary, so I try to do things that doesn't let those thoughts enter. (make sense)? Yes, Wisey that makes a lot of sense, and I'm very envious (in a good way) of your marriage...thanks for sharing!:-4:-4

YZGI;770785 wrote: We honestly don't fight. Had maybe 2 in our time together. I have no idea how people live together while constantly fighting. I have to figure its because we love each other and don't want to upset each other.

Yeah, I'm thinking that is what I was getting at...my ex and I fought and I hated it...I would walk away and almost always if not always be the peacemaker even when I knew in my heart I wasn't the one that was wrong...I hate confrotation and really try to avoid it at all times.

The guy that I'm dating now, for the last year....we've never argued once in a little over a year now...when we are together, there is a lot of affection and love between us....:-4
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

He's my best friend.

There was a time that I worried about him leaving me. We fought like cats and dogs, he was cheating on me and lot's of rather nasty stuff going on. But we stuck it out, worked through the issues. And now I wouldn't say we were the world's perfect couple, but we love each other and choose to communicate rather than hide our feelings and issues from one another.

When Dave and I got married his grandmother told me that a marriage with out arguments was unhealthy, because someone was always giving in. I have learned her words are right. I used to hold everything in, any time Dave did something that I didn't agree with, I held it in. Then one day we'd have a huge fight, and I would bring everything up from the x months that he had done to make me mad. I was a real immature twit.

I've since learned to speak up with my opinion or feelings. We may disagree and one of us will go huff in another room for a little bit. But we work through the issue.

So not necissarirly fighting is unhealthy, but small arguments or disagreements are ok.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

I don't know Wendy ... I just knew. After 25 years of marriage, my gut feeling must of been right. :-4

I guess I can go to my grave saying at least I got one thing right :wah:
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

The triumph of hope over expectation

WonderWendy3 wrote: Do you ever worry about that person leaving you?

Why do people cage the things they love the most?

Is it simply that they fear to be alone?

If you give you're love it's freedom, it will stay awhile

If it leaves you, it was never yours to own
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Bryn Mawr;771095 wrote: The triumph of hope over expectation

Why do people cage the things they love the most?

Is it simply that they fear to be alone?

If you give you're love it's freedom, it will stay awhile

If it leaves you, it was never yours to own

:-4:-4:-4
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Boner
I AM AWESOME MAN
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

When you enjoy being alone..........and you enjoy being with you partner.

When you can relax...and be yourself at home with your partner.

When you can share laughter as well as tears.........and not be ashamed.

When you feel you and your partner belong together.

When you and your partner respect each others differences.

When you realize that each day you share together is a gift.

I think this is true love.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

fuzzy butt;776047 wrote: If you are willing to wash some guys jocks with all the skid marks on it and it doesn't worry you .................then yep you're an idiot, and in love.:wah:

:wah: There ya go!

No glitz............no glammer.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Nomad;776025 wrote: True Love....How do you know?

Boner

So.....ummmm yeah.....about that.....wow!!...thanks for that!! It was good for me!!
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

fuzzy butt;776047 wrote: If you are willing to wash some guys jocks with all the skid marks on it and it doesn't worry you .................then yep you're an idiot, and in love.:wah:

:wah::wah:

Don't forget listening to him burp the ABC's and still find him attractive....and we won't talk about the fart contests we have which start off by just the simple pull of a finger!!:thinking::D:wah:
guppy

Post by guppy »

true love? how do you know..when you can show them really who you are..the good, the bad, the sad..all of it..and know they still love you..and vice versa..when you go out of your way not ot hurt that person..instead of going out of your way to outdo that person..thats love..when you can see your loves.imperfections and still love them..instead of loving what they could be..you love them for who they are...true love doesnt try to control..or isolate..but gives the other person the freedom to love you or not..
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

guppy;776139 wrote: true love? how do you know..when you can show them really who you are..the good, the bad, the sad..all of it..and know they still love you..and vice versa..when you go out of your way not ot hurt that person..instead of going out of your way to outdo that person..thats love..when you can see your loves.imperfections and still love them..instead of loving what they could be..you love them for who they are...true love doesnt try to control..or isolate..but gives the other person the freedom to love you or not..

:yh_clap:yh_clap

You just described my love life!!

We just have one minor problem....it needs to work out...but yes...it is true love....thanks gupster!:-4

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”