Mad @ Me?

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

Do I make you mad, have you just realized i say it the way it is? What do you see about people (in their posts?)
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
koan

Mad @ Me?

Post by koan »

You don't make me mad. Are you trying to? I appreciate blunt honesty. Sometimes it's fun to make people mad...just to see what they will do. If you do it with honesty, all the more fun.

I do find your posts a little difficult to understand sometimes but I enjoy them in their stream of consciousness kind of way.

Just do what you do. It takes a bunch of seeds to make a Garden.
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

Thats a good reply, I am honest and to the point. When some-one takes me the wrong way, i feel they have the problem not me. Thank you. :-6
Peg

Mad @ Me?

Post by Peg »

Mad at you? No. If I could reach through the screen and knock you upside the head after reading some of your posts, in all honesty, I would. I have no problem with someone having a different opinion than mine, but I don't think it is neccessary to be mean and vicious about saying I disagree. How's that for honesty? :-5
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

ouch, did you have to do that? now thats bad, hitting. Okay, i'll try to refrain from mean-ness, which i believe i am not at all. Forums are like public rest rooms, let the gas out. Did i make you mad? :-3
greydeadhead

Mad @ Me?

Post by greydeadhead »

Oh please.. grow up. Just because someone is critical of you or the way you express yourself doesn't mean they are mad at you. Myself, I would just chose to ignore you. This is not kindergarden for crying out loud.
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
gmc

Mad @ Me?

Post by gmc »

One of the awkward things about a forum is that you don't see all the body language and tone of voice that goes along with normal conversation, so a perfectly innocuous comment gets read the "wrong" way. The other thing is we in the UK tend to use irony and generally take the piss more than the US posters seem to. Ironic comments get taken literally which is a bit confusing till you realise what is wrong. I used to think it was a joke americans don't get irony but it;s true a lot don't, come to that a lot of british people don't either. There are other language differences as well eg pissed means completely different things in the UK to the US.

Paula

Thats a good reply, I am honest and to the point. When some-one takes me the wrong way, i feel they have the problem not me. Thank you.

Basically I think you need to be careful about what you read in to the posts, passionate disagreement is not the same as getting angry at someone. If someone does try and deliberately antagonise you then they do have a problem. But the use of language differs across the UK as I am sure it is even more varied in the US. Apart from that I don't recall seeing any offensive posts you have posted.

What I normally say to pillocks is along the lines of I am glad you feel able to express yourself so forcefully but I think you have mistaken me for someone who cares what you think.

Side benefit of this forum is you may pick up lots of obscure british words with which to irritate people with :D assuming you want to of course.
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

you are having a bad day too, you are not ignoring me either, you are actually showing a lot attention by continually posting. i just asked for insight not only about myself, but as to what people feel from other's posts? Long postings are boring, too much information is like an intelligence contest, news reporters, and some very cheery persons (refreshing) are what i see here. Thank you very much. ;)
Suresh Gupta

Mad @ Me?

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Paula wrote: Do I make you mad, have you just realized i say it the way it is? What do you see about people (in their posts?)

Before I answer your question I would like to say something about the replies your post has generated. Honest replies, honest people. They are not mad at you. I am also not, Rather I enjoy your short messages.

Now to your next question. I see peoples' thought process in their posts. Each post is a personality sketch of the person who has posted it.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

http://www.betterlife4all.com
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

True, i have learned alot about myself within this forum as well as others. my signature says it, i am a hard working person who deals daily with people. calculating weights, distances, organization of schedules, can get tedious, as the phones ring. jugglin takes a toll, and to work with men all day, switch Kelly, -- to the garden i go. Kelly is my assistant who knows me well, we laugh it up some days as i post away. :rolleyes:
Suresh Gupta

Mad @ Me?

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Paula wrote: True, i have learned alot about myself within this forum as well as others. my signature says it, i am a hard working person who deals daily with people. calculating weights, distances, organization of schedules, can get tedious, as the phones ring. jugglin takes a toll, and to work with men all day, switch Kelly, -- to the garden i go. Kelly is my assistant who knows me well, we laugh it up some days as i post away. :rolleyes:

If it is your real picture then how one can be mad at you?
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

Suresh Gupta, You are Much TOO nice of a person, i have promised here photos, my UPS man is coming this weekend to help me send you all pictures of me and my life. You will appreciate. In the meantime, we have people here from India that run a small grocery store, i talk with them as they are vegetarians, i mentioned your name, they said it is a womans name, is that correct. You are always pleasant, simple to understand & not on a HEAD trip. Thank you love.
persephone

Mad @ Me?

Post by persephone »

I thought Suresh Gupta was a womans name too, then became confused after reading in another thread about a wife :confused:
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
A Karenina

Mad @ Me?

Post by A Karenina »

Paula wrote: i am a hard working person who deals daily with people. calculating weights, distances, organization of schedules, can get tedious, as the phones ring.
I thought you were an accountant? Maybe I read other posts wrong.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
Peg

Mad @ Me?

Post by Peg »

I thought so too Karenina so when I read your post, I did a search. In the topic "Utopia" Paula is a construction worker. In "How safe is the 40 hour work week" she is an accountant. Two jobs maybe? An accountant for a construction company?
A Karenina

Mad @ Me?

Post by A Karenina »

Good morning Peg :) We appear to have a multi-tasker on our hands. She's also running a mineral recycling business and dabbles in real estate. (see Utopia thread)

Aristotle
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

A Karenina wrote: I thought you were an accountant? Maybe I read other posts wrong.

Yes, Karenina. I do all the accounting for my (2) business's. I do quite a bit, i am on the road, i subout payroll, and use several sub-contractors (transport services). WE are small business, i am reconciling numbers i never imagined. i have professional CPA's who come out to adjust and over-see my charting. :) :)

i do not physically work on projects.
A Karenina

Mad @ Me?

Post by A Karenina »

Ah! I see. That makes more sense.

I am an accountant for a health insurance company. Now if that doesn't thrill people, I don't know what will. :)

Aristotle
Peg

Mad @ Me?

Post by Peg »

You do accounting and construction work? When do you find time to post?
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

A Karenina wrote: Good morning Peg :) We appear to have a multi-tasker on our hands. She's also running a mineral recycling business and dabbles in real estate. (see Utopia thread)

Yes multi skilled, you got it. Understand, when you produce aggregate, earthly materials, example-(topsoil), we use the materials for site development, okay? When a building of brick or a concrete foundation is removed, to prepare a (new) site, we take that back to our processing plants and recycle it for road base. we make, move and utilize aggregate. Real-estate, you need reserve material for the future, property owners around us are selling their land to us. Okay. any further cross-examinations? :thinking: :thinking:
koan

Mad @ Me?

Post by koan »

The construction worker thing was some kind of stab at me. Now you, Paula, have taken another stab at me in another thread. This happens suddenly and now, consistently. Since you won't PM me. Let's focus your criticism somewhere where it does not interfere with another thread.

Do you have some kind of problem with ME? Let me have it. Get it all out right here and right now. Run your stream of consciousness amok. But keep in mind, your perceptions say more about you than about anyone else.
greydeadhead

Mad @ Me?

Post by greydeadhead »

Paula..

Just a question, but what are you so defensive about..?? Since we cannot see your face, hear your voice or make those types of observations questions are asked. Obviously you are a busy woman.. and you lead a stress-filled life. Perhaps posting here is an outlet for you .. I don't know..
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

I spend a lot of time in my office (3) computers here, i can be defensive, this type of business brings that out, you need to be ready upon any conversation (business deal) or you get screwed.

My employees all love me, i am good to them, if they need anything, it is given.

Koan you need to calm yourself, Calms Forte, you know what they are. How about some Hylands Nerve Tonic. White Chestnut??? :-2

PS. I make time for this, yes the orders are mounting, Kelly will help, i have another person coming in 2005.
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

koan wrote: The construction worker thing was some kind of stab at me. Now you, Paula, have taken another stab at me in another thread. This happens suddenly and now, consistently. Since you won't PM me. Let's focus your criticism somewhere where it does not interfere with another thread.

Do you have some kind of problem with ME? Let me have it. Get it all out right here and right now. Run your stream of consciousness amok. But keep in mind, your perceptions say more about you than about anyone else.

I have no problem with you at all. Forum Garden? Are you over-weight?
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

A Karenina wrote: Ah! I see. That makes more sense.

I am an accountant for a health insurance company. Now if that doesn't thrill people, I don't know what will. :)

My assistant worked for Aetna Health Insurance Company, we have a good time, you have to. :D
Suresh Gupta

Mad @ Me?

Post by Suresh Gupta »

Paula wrote: Suresh Gupta, You are Much TOO nice of a person, i have promised here photos, my UPS man is coming this weekend to help me send you all pictures of me and my life. You will appreciate. In the meantime, we have people here from India that run a small grocery store, i talk with them as they are vegetarians, i mentioned your name, they said it is a womans name, is that correct. You are always pleasant, simple to understand & not on a HEAD trip. Thank you love.

It is really interesting. Your Indian friends said that My name is a womwn's name. No my dear, I am not a woman. The meaning of my name is God of Gods. But I am a human and try to be a good human. And in fact a good human is almost a God. Do you agree?
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

greydeadhead

Mad @ Me?

Post by greydeadhead »

Paula wrote: I spend a lot of time in my office (3) computers here, i can be defensive, this type of business brings that out, you need to be ready upon any conversation (business deal) or you get screwed.

My employees all love me, i am good to them, if they need anything, it is given.

Koan you need to calm yourself, Calms Forte, you know what they are. How about some Hylands Nerve Tonic. White Chestnut??? :-2

PS. I make time for this, yes the orders are mounting, Kelly will help, i have another person coming in 2005.

Well.. I understand the stress level being high.. and in most business dealings it is. I is wonderful that you are good to your employees.. perhaps some of that treatment would be in order here too. I mean no one that I have met here seems to be trying to put the screws to you in a business deal, are they..??
Bill Sikes

Mad @ Me?

Post by Bill Sikes »

Suresh Gupta wrote: The meaning of my name is God of Gods.

Does your name differ in meaning from "Suren"? If so, how?
koan

Mad @ Me?

Post by koan »

Paula wrote:

As I pointed out, your perceptions say more about you than anyone else. I am the calmest person my friends all know whereas your chosen signature implies that calmness is an issue of yours. A little projection here? I am less concerned with your opinion of me than with your tendancy to take away from the conversations with these odd little nonsense strings. Perhaps start a journal where you can have your thought spasms in a private arena?

Just trying to be helpful :-6
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

Perhaps, Thank You for your input...Appreciate. :p Private Arena? Go to ignore list. :wah: :wah:
abbey

Mad @ Me?

Post by abbey »

IT'S MUCH BETTER TO LET SOMEONE THINK YOU'RE AN IDIOT THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND PROVE IT. :yh_think
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

Very well spoken, a sentence of truth is a reflection of what you are, i mean who you are. Dear Abbey; its okay here, anything goes, this is Forum Garden? A Snap Dragon maybe, but i think you sound more like a Turnip, ya you sound like a Turnip. :wah: :wah:
abbey

Mad @ Me?

Post by abbey »

TUT-TUT-TUT MY DEAR PAULA........

BEEN READING SOME OF YOUR RETORTS & IT SEEMS YOU'RE RUNNING TRUE TO FORM, AT LEAST WHILE YOU'RE BEING RUDE TO ME YOU'RE GIVING KOAN A BREAK.

BY THE WAY SWEETY, TURNIP?? NEVER, VENUS FLY TRAP MAYBE :yh_bigsmi
koan

Mad @ Me?

Post by koan »

Thanks Abbey,

I find it's kind of like fighting the Black Knight in Monty Python's The Holy Grail. :yh_giggle
Peg

Mad @ Me?

Post by Peg »

Paula wrote: Very well spoken, a sentence of truth is a reflection of what you are, i mean who you are. Dear Abbey; its okay here, anything goes, this is Forum Garden? A Snap Dragon maybe, but i think you sound more like a Turnip, ya you sound like a Turnip. :wah: :wah:

Any thing goes? Not neccessarily true Paula. People can be banned from here so not anything and everything goes.
abbey

Mad @ Me?

Post by abbey »

Cheers Peg

Attached files
greydeadhead

Mad @ Me?

Post by greydeadhead »

Well.. I was hoping that Paula would display some of the intelligence she claims to have in her posts here. Obviously I was wrong. She continues to be rude and crude, interjecting her mindless or otherwise inane remarks into otherwise intelligent discussions or debates. She childishly continues to insult members of the forum or question their mental wellbeing. All attempts to communicate the displeasure this brings to the forums is rebuffed with yet more insults. I for one have given up on trying to make any sense of these egotistical, self centered remarks. So.. having said this I will no longer be reading or responding to her posts here. There are too many intellingent members that are willing to participate in constructive and instructive discussion for me to waste my time attempting to understand the comments, views, or ideas posted by a person who feels that the only way to respond to a question or comment is by insulting that member.

Okay.. rant done. Now on to more intelligent discussions, ones with people that have more open minds and respect for their peers.
Suresh Gupta

Mad @ Me?

Post by Suresh Gupta »

abbey wrote: IT'S MUCH BETTER TO LET SOMEONE THINK YOU'RE AN IDIOT THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND PROVE IT. :yh_think

It is good. It is also true. We also have a saying that 'an idiot will be tolerated in a meeting of learned people as long as he does not open his mouth'.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Suresh Gupta

Mad @ Me?

Post by Suresh Gupta »

greydeadhead wrote: Well.. I was hoping that Paula would display some of the intelligence she claims to have in her posts here.........

Dear Greydeadhead, the situation you describe is unforunate. But I will like to direct your attention to your signature.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

A Karenina

Mad @ Me?

Post by A Karenina »

I'll be rude and address this one. Suresh, with all due respect, you are placing your definition of tolerance onto greydeadhead and then gently chiding him with it. It's very possible that his definition of tolerance means to recognize, not actively like; to accept even if it requires ignoring on his part.

Not trying to start another argument, but just pointing out another possibility. :)

Aristotle
Suresh Gupta

Mad @ Me?

Post by Suresh Gupta »

A Karenina wrote: I'll be rude and address this one. Suresh, with all due respect, you are placing your definition of tolerance onto greydeadhead and then gently chiding him with it. It's very possible that his definition of tolerance means to recognize, not actively like; to accept even if it requires ignoring on his part.

Not trying to start another argument, but just pointing out another possibility. :)

I understand the point you have made. It was certainly not forcing him to ignore what he has experienced. It was simply a honest reference to his signature. I hope I have not caused any hurt to him.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

A Karenina

Mad @ Me?

Post by A Karenina »

Suresh Gupta wrote: I understand the point you have made. It was certainly not forcing him to ignore what he has experienced. It was simply a honest reference to his signature. I hope I have not caused any hurt to him.
I feel like a meanie now. I'm sorry. Suresh, you've repeatedly shown yourself to be sincere, honest, and caring. No one would think that you intend to harm. :) I was really just toying with the notion of what tolerance means to different people.

Aristotle
greydeadhead

Mad @ Me?

Post by greydeadhead »

Hello Suresh..

Fear not, you have not caused any hurt or discomfort. You were simply making what you consider a valid point. But herein lies the great difference between you discussing a topic and Paula. You didn't insult or deride me and my views. Additionally you were open to discussing comments by A Karenina. Btw.. her points are very valid. I am open to discussing most any topic and try my best to abide by the rules of my signature. My response to Paula was made only after repeated ridiculing of my comments and childish responses to questions. I feel that it was unfortunate that it came to that but I am not here to be made fun of. I am here to discuss, debate and learn in an intelligent manner, not deride, insult or disrespect the members of the forums. I hope that this explains alittle better the comments I previously posted here..
Suresh Gupta

Mad @ Me?

Post by Suresh Gupta »

greydeadhead wrote: Hello Suresh....I am here to discuss, debate and learn in an intelligent manner, not deride, insult or disrespect the members of the forums.......

I fully agree with you. I am sure all other forum members will also agree with your views.
Spread love not hate

Suresh Gupta

Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

always stirring something up, had a rough week. a little bit of heat once in awhile is good. to take serious (posts) by some is scary. you need to have an (open) mind. :)
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

It's good to express yourself, i wouldn't want you to be any other way. Gay Marriage, we just can't have it, i'm sorry...to be too serious is not good either. Lighten up, a bit of Dandelion rids all toxins. Milk Thistle keeps the liver healthy too. Anger management could help? I would identify a (man) plant if in fact you are a (man) as a Cactus. :wah: :wah:
Paula

Mad @ Me?

Post by Paula »

Certainly, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, we are not here to humiliate any-one, tension has risen, i'm in trouble again. Its all about debate, and i have taken the battering well. (unwatered plant)...Have fun, its good for you. :-2

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”