Lonely

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Lexilex

Lonely

Post by Lexilex »

Why do I keep getting so lonely? It's too hard to explain in a forum, but I have some friends but still feel like there is no-one around. I feel like I am very alone in life. I don't feel 'at home' with anyone or anything, like there's not really anyone I can have quality time with or feel stimulated with intellectually.

I can't stand the loneliness anymore. Thanks for reading anyway.

Lex
abbey

Lonely

Post by abbey »

Lexilex wrote: Why do I keep getting so lonely? It's too hard to explain in a forum, but I have some friends but still feel like there is no-one around. I feel like I am very alone in life. I don't feel 'at home' with anyone or anything, like there's not really anyone I can have quality time with or feel stimulated with intellectually.

I can't stand the loneliness anymore. Thanks for reading anyway.

LexHiya Lex welcome to FG, sorry to hear you're feeling so lonely.

Hopefully you'll find someone here to challenge and stimulate your intellect. X
MzInterpret

Lonely

Post by MzInterpret »

Lexilex, you sound remarkably like my sister did a few years ago. She went to the doctor and was eventaully treated for depression. Perhaps a trip to the doctor would help? Or even an appointment to chat to a counsellor would help?

I hope you are able to get the help you deserve :-6
Lexilex

Lonely

Post by Lexilex »

Thank you for your replies. Actually I am already being treated for depression - I'm on two medications and have talk therapy. I don't seem to get any less lonely. It has been a bit acute coz if the time of year (-----mas), but even so I can remember this insidious lonely feeling creeping through every pore of my body and mind since childhood. Where ever I have lived I have had extended bouts of loneliness. Thank you for welcoming me to the Forum. I just wish there was a solution.
jennyswan

Lonely

Post by jennyswan »

Thank you for your replies. Actually I am already being treated for depression - I'm on two medications and have talk therapy. I don't seem to get any less lonely. It has been a bit acute coz if the time of year (-----mas), but even so I can remember this insidious lonely feeling creeping through every pore of my body and mind since childhood. Where ever I have lived I have had extended bouts of loneliness. Thank you for welcoming me to the Forum. I just wish there was a solution.

Hi Lexilei (sorry hope I spelled it right).

I too felt like this a few years and was being treated for depression and was also in talk therapy. It started out as panic disorder but went unrecognised to it got worse and worse. Anyway what I would suggest is changing the meds and the councillor because I think that will help. When you are talking to the councillor really open up and they will help you.

It does get better. I feel great nowadays so there is hope and believe me when I say that I thought there wasn't!!

Come on here lots too, get involved in the discussions. The people are very friendly :-4

I hope things get better for you soon

Jenny
chonsigirl

Lonely

Post by chonsigirl »

Hi Lex, welcome to FG! Everyone is very friendly here, maybe that will help a little.:)
SOJOURNER

Lonely

Post by SOJOURNER »

Hi. Lex!

For feeling lonely, perhaps if you tried focusing outward, toward others, instead of on your own pain, it would change.........................

We are many here who you could lose yourself in......... Come play with us!
The Red One

Lonely

Post by The Red One »

SOJOURNER wrote: Hi. Lex!

For feeling lonely, perhaps if you tried focusing outward, toward others, instead of on your own pain, it would change.........................

We are many here who you could lose yourself in......... Come play with us!

God knows, along with the rest of us, that's true Soj! LOL
minks

Lonely

Post by minks »

Hi Lex, just hang out here for a few days and you will see there is a glimmer of light out there.

Cheers

Minks
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
nok

Lonely

Post by nok »

Join in on the many threads here and I hope it helps you some. Maybe this website can ease your loneliness a bit.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
fuzzywuzzy

Lonely

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

HI Lexilex . I can cure your loneliness for you . By the time you've finished with me you'll be craving to be lonely again. :yh_rotfl

Make a list of your everyday interests (doesn't matter if you're not invovled or connected with them at the moment) and I'll make a thread on them . Maybe we can get you back to being interested in stuff again.:D
Boogalette

Lonely

Post by Boogalette »

Lex, darling, I understand!

All I can offer is that this will pass. Someone mentioned that you should stay out of your head as much as you can, and that is sound advice! I know that joining the gym (again ;) ) has helped alot, mentally, physically and socially. I know that after a class (I enjoy spin) I feel so accomplished that I radiate the self confidence I was not aware I had. I think that is the payoff for those who enjoy the gym, the sense of accomplishment.

It's quite awesome, I must say.

Even running is something nice. Take your MP3 player, load it with a couch to 5K podcast and train. You'll feel so much better about yourself, and it does ease the loneliness.
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.~ De Seuss
JestersJinx

Lonely

Post by JestersJinx »

I'm having the same thing in my life to be honest; I haven't quite figured out how to deal with it yet myself.

I almost feel like packing up my life at the end of the year and just leaving to see if I can find a place where I do feel like I feel more at home; with the lack of money that seems like a bad idea.

The solution for loneliness? Finding someone who doesn't make you feel lonely... sadly that solution is very hard to reach.
claire101

Lonely

Post by claire101 »

hello im new to the forum ... do u or any one know if there are any chat sites where u can .. have a chat and make friends . every one i have seen so far are dating sites .. been living alone for a while and would like too chat to friendly people ..
healthylife

Lonely

Post by healthylife »

claire101;1338569 wrote: hello im new to the forum ... do u or any one know if there are any chat sites where u can .. have a chat and make friends . every one i have seen so far are dating sites .. been living alone for a while and would like too chat to friendly people ..

Hi Lonely!!!

be friends))))
Lone Wolf

Lonely

Post by Lone Wolf »

JestersJinx;1334705 wrote: I'm having the same thing in my life to be honest; I haven't quite figured out how to deal with it yet myself.

I almost feel like packing up my life at the end of the year and just leaving to see if I can find a place where I do feel like I feel more at home; with the lack of money that seems like a bad idea.

The solution for loneliness? Finding someone who doesn't make you feel lonely... sadly that solution is very hard to reach.

sounds just like me......youll see in one of my last posts....so i know where u are a feel for you

ive been like this for years just one step forward 2 back and not plucked up the coarge to go yet

LW
Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.

greenfingers

Lonely

Post by greenfingers »

Everything that comes in mind which I could answer sounds like bull **** when I write it. Well let's try anyway - when I feel bad no "it's going to become better" helps me. It either gets better or not. Just saying it never helped me. It's a question of hope and belief I suppose. Optimism? I think that's hard to feel when you are really depressed.

Vaclav Havel once said: "Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out."

It's one of my favourite citations and I think it kind of fits in this discussion here. I believe what you need, Lexilex, is something good you can focus on. Is there something you really enjoy, like to do? Concentrate on that for a while. And about the loneliness - well you can have a hundred of friends but feel no real connection with anyone. Not everybody has the luck to find a soulmate, be it lover or friend. Some people who don't find it don't know what they are missing. Some do. But there is hope - in the very sense Vaclav Havel used this word - isn't there? Ok that sounds a bit overblown. Anyway better than the other versions I had for this post. So here we go.
junexpress

Lonely

Post by junexpress »

Just pray Lex, and hang.out for sometimes... Don't mind the loneliness in life coz even me I think I'm a loner person though I have lot of friends. Just pray, God is looking over you. over Us... Life is so short, don't miss every single day to laugh and explore new things.
tenuous~hold

Lonely

Post by tenuous~hold »

lex, don't worry - i'm not the kind who will say just do this or that & it'll get better. i know what the overriding & long-lasting feeling of loneliness is like. i've pretty much felt like that since i was a kid (genetics with some environmental factors thrown in...life experiences etc), & it hasn't changed all that much throughout the years. i have some ok years but generally it's just not been a lot of fun, & i mostly have not felt like i fit in anywhere. i used to describe it as life happening on a stage in front of me, but i'm always in the audience. i look at others with their relationships & families they've built, wishing i could just have it, but it just hasn't worked out that way for me. it's a horrible feeling, not being able to have what seems to come so easily for many others. i often just prefer to be alone, but i guess that happens when you've been that way for so long that it's the most comfortable feeling (even though maybe not the most desirable since a party of one isn't that great). i get overwhelmed by a lot of social situations, even online ones! i think i have always needed a lot of alone time, even when i was more of a social person (i.e., party animal) - but it's definitely gotten more exaggerated over the years. if i didn't want someone to share problems with & to have someone to do stuff with sometimes, i'd probably be ok with the whole alone thing. i just get sick of it now & then & kinda start freaking out at times...
rashed

Lonely

Post by rashed »

dera lex...i am feeling sooo sorry to hear about you...you know i am having same problem like you.i feel soo lonely.but i have decided i will overcome it.because until i try to get over it.no one can help me.i wish for you the same

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”