unripe cherries.

No farms close enough to go to either!

:yh_wait
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Snooz

It's cherry season!

Post by Snooz »

They've got TERRIBLE cherries here, Val. In fact, most of the produce sucks compared to California. I grew up with a bunch of different fruit trees in my backyard and if I wanted some delicious apricots, I just climbed a tree. I can't remember the last time I had a decent apricot. There were little fruit stands along the road to work too so it was easy to stop and get berries or whatever. Man, I didn't realize how good I had it.
Accountable

It's cherry season!

Post by Accountable »

We rented a house in Vacaville (northern California) for a year. The back yard had lemon, orange, tangerine, and persimmon trees. It also had a huge black bing cherry tree. I would eat cherries until my throat hurt from the acid. There's nothing like fruit straight off the vine/tree.
tabby

It's cherry season!

Post by tabby »

I love cherries! Some of grocery stores here have been pre-bagging them for a few years now which I find a nuisance as I don't always want to buy that many at a time. They've started doing it with bananas too.

We have apple, peach, plum & cherry trees and usually end up with half of the fruit, the other half going to raccoons, squirrels, deer, birds and wasps.

I love apricots too but they can be hard to find in stores here and the prices are exorbitant! They seem to be getting smaller every year too.
Lon

It's cherry season!

Post by Lon »

I am sitting here eating huge, sweet Bing cherries that I bought from a Hmong Roadside Fruit Stand this morning and paid $3.00 USD for 5 lbs.

Return to “The Kitchen”