Started Testing Christmas Cookies

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

We made cow patty cookies yesterday. That's her favorite kind and I was a real trooper and forced myself to try a few. OMG they were awesome!

We plan to make peanut butter ones tomorrow night and a cutout test batch the next. Still trying to talk her into the oatmeal ones though..:sneaky:

This is just a preliminary round to the real cookie baking that will happen this coming weekend.:guitarist

What are your favorite Christmas cookies
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

valerie

Post by valerie »

Cow patty cookies? Not anything like mud pies, are they?

Do pass on the recipe!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

gmc

Post by gmc »

Where I come from cow patty is a whole different kind of thing altogether. You wouldn't eat them unless you were a fly.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

valerie;1346545 wrote: Cow patty cookies? Not anything like mud pies, are they?

Do pass on the recipe!
Cow Patty Cookies Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Ingredients

2 cups white sugar

5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 cup unsalted butter

1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 cups quick cooking oats

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1/2 cup milk

Directions

1.Cover baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.

2.Combine sugar and cocoa in a large saucepan. Stir in milk, butter and peanut butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter melts and mixture is combined, about 5-20 minutes. Remove from heat.

3.Stir in the vanilla, oats and nuts, and mix thoroughly. Take a teaspoon and scoop out a spoonful of the mixture; drop the spoonful onto the waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Place in the refrigerator until the cookies are cooled and set. Store the cookies in an airtight container.

I've gotten a few recipes from this site. Littleone enjoys baking/cooking and they have some great, easy recipes she can follow without problems.:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

gmc;1346552 wrote: Where I come from cow patty is a whole different kind of thing altogether. You wouldn't eat them unless you were a fly.

They look exactly as you would imagine them.:wah:

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

My grand parents on my father's side of the family were from Scotland she could make "Shortbread" squares that would melt in your mouth. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

gmc

Post by gmc »

CARLA;1346592 wrote: My grand parents on my father's side of the family were from Scotland she could make "Shortbread" squares that would melt in your mouth. :)

Bit of nostalgia for you then, look down the left of the page.

Traditional Scottish Recipes - Just Like Granny Made

Dropped scones are my favourite - I still make them for myself occasionnaly having learned at me mammy's knee as it were. My wife, being english, doesn't understand.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

gmc;1346647 wrote: Bit of nostalgia for you then, look down the left of the page.

Traditional Scottish Recipes - Just Like Granny Made

Dropped scones are my favourite - I still make them for myself occasionnaly having learned at me mammy's knee as it were. My wife, being english, doesn't understand.

Are those like pancakes? They look like pancakes!

santa

Post by santa »

Oh little one, leave me some of those cookies tonight. :)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Cookies....yummy....

This is interesting...didn't know you could freeze cookies:-6

Freezing Cookies and Cookie Dough - Food2 Blog

Return to “The Kitchen”