Seal meat.

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Bill Sikes

Seal meat.

Post by Bill Sikes »

There is some talk in the UK of the Canadian hunting of harp seals. What I want to know is what does seal meat taste like? I should like to buy some in the UK, but can't see any, even tinned.
hoppy

Seal meat.

Post by hoppy »

Bill Sikes;1297670 wrote: There is some talk in the UK of the Canadian hunting of harp seals. What I want to know is what does seal meat taste like? I should like to buy some in the UK, but can't see any, even tinned.

Here ya go Bill.

PETSorFOOD.com - The best place for pet and food products on the web!
Bill Sikes

Seal meat.

Post by Bill Sikes »

hoppy;1297673 wrote: Here ya go Bill.

http://p

Unfortunately, that is not a genuine site for ordering such. It's a well-known spoof.
hoppy

Seal meat.

Post by hoppy »

Bill Sikes;1297675 wrote: Unfortunately, that is not a genuine site for ordering such. It's a well-known spoof.

I didn't know that. Sorry.:(
hoppy

Seal meat.

Post by hoppy »

Check with your Canadian friends then. Seal meat becomes tasty delicacy in Canada after Europe bans imports: report
minks

Seal meat.

Post by minks »

hoppy;1297678 wrote: Check with your Canadian friends then. Seal meat becomes tasty delicacy in Canada after Europe bans imports: report

I personally have never had seal meat, I don't even think I can get it anywhere here I am in the way south part of the country but if I come across something I will certainly let you know.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Odie

Seal meat.

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1297678 wrote: Check with your Canadian friends then. Seal meat becomes tasty delicacy in Canada after Europe bans imports: report

It will be served here soon, don't ask me, I won't be eating it.

There is absolutely no need to be bashing seals over the head.:-5

gee, I wonder why the polar bears are starving to death now? :rolleyes:
Life is just to short for drama.
hoppy

Seal meat.

Post by hoppy »

Odie;1297722 wrote: It will be served here soon, don't ask me, I won't be eating it.

There is absolutely no need to be bashing seals over the head.:-5

gee, I wonder why the polar bears are starving to death now? :rolleyes:

M-m-m-m, roast rump of polar bear.:yh_rotfl
Nomad

Seal meat.

Post by Nomad »

minks;1297709 wrote: I personally have never had seal meat, I don't even think I can get it anywhere here

Get out there and club your own seal little camper.

Im sure theyre flopping around somewhere near you.
I AM AWESOME MAN
flopstock

Seal meat.

Post by flopstock »

Right up there with alligator or frog. No thanks:D
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

minks

Seal meat.

Post by minks »

Nomad;1297726 wrote: Get out there and club your own seal little camper.

Im sure theyre flopping around somewhere near you.

hahahaha um no seals don't really venture out to the mountains much.

― Mae West
fisher

Seal meat.

Post by fisher »

minks;1297731 wrote: hahahaha um no seals don't really venture out to the mountains much.

That's why I did not see any when I was out your way and I was looking for them to.... lmao
A witch will get a better grip on the broom if she is without panties!
minks

Seal meat.

Post by minks »

fisher;1297733 wrote: That's why I did not see any when I was out your way and I was looking for them to.... lmao

:yh_rotfl ya well Alberta is known for it's beef not seal :P

― Mae West
Odie

Seal meat.

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1297723 wrote:

m-m-m-m, roast rump of polar bear.:yh_rotfl

YZGI

Seal meat.

Post by YZGI »

I'd eat seal meat no problem but I'm like the indians I don't eat the meat of animals that can walk upright.
Oscar Namechange

Seal meat.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bill Sikes;1297670 wrote: There is some talk in the UK of the Canadian hunting of harp seals. What I want to know is what does seal meat taste like? I should like to buy some in the UK, but can't see any, even tinned.

There was an episode of 'Robson Green's', 'Extreme Fishing' where he was in Canada and ate seal meat to appease the locals. It was rather harrowing watching him retch the contents of his stomach up after two mouthfuls. I'll take his word that It was truely disgusting. Beside's, where would you put the flippers?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Seal meat.

Post by Odie »

I don't find this humorous one damn bit as some seem to.

Baby seals are clubbed over and over while their mothers scream out for them.

The seals are seldom dead at this point and remain like this until they die, it's inhuman!:-5

remember this when you eat the meat or buy that lovely seal coat.:mad:
Oscar Namechange

Seal meat.

Odie;1297979 wrote: I don't find this humorous one damn bit as some seem to.

Baby seals are clubbed over and over while their mothers scream out for them.

The seals are seldom dead at this point and remain like this until they die, it's inhuman!:-5

remember this when you eat the meat or buy that lovely seal coat.:mad:

Odie... I very much doubt that this would take on In the UK. Attempts to diversify In the past have proved disasterous such as the selling of Ostrich meat. I would Imagine the British public would be reviled at the mere thought of eating seal meat let alone buy It and create a market.

I am speaking to a certain Euro Politician about this to see If he'll block It In the Euro Courts.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Seal meat.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1297991 wrote: Odie... I very much doubt that this would take on In the UK. Attempts to diversify In the past have proved disasterous such as the selling of Ostrich meat. I would Imagine the British public would be reviled at the mere thought of eating seal meat let alone buy It and create a market.

I am speaking to a certain Euro Politician about this to see If he'll block It In the Euro Courts.

Oh I wasn't talking about you Julie, just fed up with this subject of eating seal meat.

I well know your love for all animals just like myself.

I'm glad it will not likely happen there, have you ever seen how this is done and what the seals actually go through?

they are still alive after being clubbed and clubbed, there are humane ways of killing any animal.....this is the worst kind!
Oscar Namechange

Seal meat.

Odie;1297998 wrote: Oh I wasn't talking about you Julie, just fed up with this subject of eating seal meat.

I well know your love for all animals just like myself.

I'm glad it will not likely happen there, have you ever seen how this is done and what the seals actually go through?

they are still alive after being clubbed and clubbed, there are humane ways of killing any animal.....this is the worst kind!

We have an organisation here In the Uk called 'Greenpeace' who go out to Canada during the seal culls and try to prevent them. I have donated regually to them In the past as they do much good work around the world. So, Yes, I have seen how this is done and by the way, did you know that the female seal Is the only animal on earth that cries real tears when their young die.? They will also lie with their dead cub for days.
Odie

Seal meat.

Post by Odie »

oscar;1298003 wrote: We have an organisation here In the Uk called 'Greenpeace' who go out to Canada during the seal culls and try to prevent them. I have donated regually to them In the past as they do much good work around the world. So, Yes, I have seen how this is done and by the way, did you know that the female seal Is the only animal on earth that cries real tears when their young die.? They will also lie with their dead cub for days.

Greenpeace is very well known for their courageous acts.

yes, I know the females cry tears.:-1

but here, the mothers don't have time to sit while their young die, as hunters drag them away still alive after being clubbed.:-5
K.Snyder

Seal meat.

Post by K.Snyder »

"Seal meat." -- Doesn't this sound fishy?
hoppy

Seal meat.

Post by hoppy »

K.Snyder;1298028 wrote: "Seal meat." -- Doesn't this sound fishy?

No need to blubber about it.:yh_rotfl
Odie

Seal meat.

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1298060 wrote: No need to blubber about it.:yh_rotfl

:eek:
Oscar Namechange

Seal meat.

hoppy;1298060 wrote: No need to blubber about it.:yh_rotfl Your heading for a slap young man.
K.Snyder

Seal meat.

Post by K.Snyder »

oscar;1298100 wrote: Your heading for a slap young man.

Don't flip out on Hoppy oscy woscy!!!:yh_wink :yh_kiss he's had a whale of a time!!!! :wah: :yh_wink

:yh_kiss

:yh_tong2

:yh_wink

:yh_kiss
hoppy

Seal meat.

Post by hoppy »

What are they CARPing about now?:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Seal meat.

hoppy;1298137 wrote: What are they CARPing about now?:yh_rotfl:yh_angry:yh_angry:yh_shame:yh_shame:yh_beatup:
G#Gill

Seal meat.

Post by G#Gill »

I have read enough of this thread. Killing seal cubs is not funny, and it doesn't merit sick jokes, or making so called 'wisecracks'. Yes I do have a sense of humour, but this thread has turned into a sick joke, and is tantamount to trolling.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Seal meat.

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1298155 wrote: I have read enough of this thread. Killing seal cubs is not funny, and it doesn't merit sick jokes, or making so called 'wisecracks'. Yes I do have a sense of humour, but this thread has turned into a sick joke, and is tantamount to trolling.

thank you Gill

amen.
Oscar Namechange

Seal meat.

G#Gill;1298155 wrote: I have read enough of this thread. Killing seal cubs is not funny, and it doesn't merit sick jokes, or making so called 'wisecracks'. Yes I do have a sense of humour, but this thread has turned into a sick joke, and is tantamount to trolling.
I think Hops and Kev were only having a joke Gill and don't understand that some of us find animal abuse revolting In the extreme.
G#Gill

Seal meat.

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1298173 wrote: I think Hops and Kev were only having a joke Gill and don't understand that some of us find animal abuse revolting In the extreme.

I loose my sense of humour over things like this.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

Seal meat.

G#Gill;1298178 wrote: I loose my sense of humour over things like this.
You didn't lose your sense of humour at all. I don't find the jokes funny either but I was just saying that I don't think they did It out of malice.
K.Snyder

Seal meat.

Post by K.Snyder »

oscar;1298182 wrote: You didn't lose your sense of humour at all. I don't find the jokes funny either but I was just saying that I don't think they did It out of malice.

Well of course we hadn't. I don't find killing anything not intended for food to be classy at all. I'd read "seal meat" and so I assume this thread is about:thinking: well, seal meat. I'd personally try seal meat to be quite honest.

I don't want to appear uncaring but I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't eat seal meat if given the chance to try it.
K.Snyder

Seal meat.

Post by K.Snyder »

Actually, I'd hinted earlier that I would assume seal meat was rather fishy tasting.

So then does seal meat have a fishy taste?
Oscar Namechange

Seal meat.

K.Snyder;1298193 wrote: Actually, I'd hinted earlier that I would assume seal meat was rather fishy tasting.

So then does seal meat have a fishy taste? The guy I watched on tv eat It and who vomited after two mouthfuls said It was like eating rancid fat. I'll take his word for It.
K.Snyder

Seal meat.

Post by K.Snyder »

oscar;1298196 wrote: The guy I watched on tv eat It and who vomited after two mouthfuls said It was like eating rancid fat. I'll take his word for It.

I suspected would be something like that. So much blubber and not really an ounce of meat to make use of killing one.

Return to “The Kitchen”