Get Out Of My Kitchen

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Lon

Get Out Of My Kitchen

Post by Lon »

I don't know about you but I can't stand trying to work with another person in the kitchen. It just drives me nuts. Last night I was preparing dinner for six people and two others thought they would be of help but they just got in my way and screwed up my momentum and sequence of cooking.
beowulf

Get Out Of My Kitchen

Post by beowulf »

i sort of agree..............used to drive me mad cos i knew how i wanted to do things and when so someone else there just got in the way...........but it dosnt bother me with my current partner tho, we seem to work well in the kitchen...............cept she cant make a decent cup of tea...........i swear she can burn the water :wah:
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

Jazzy

Get Out Of My Kitchen

Post by Jazzy »

Lon;1295389 wrote: I don't know about you but I can't stand trying to work with another person in the kitchen. It just drives me nuts. Last night I was preparing dinner for six people and two others thought they would be of help but they just got in my way and screwed up my momentum and sequence of cooking.

It drives me nuts too Lon. I have everything planned and timed and hate when people get in my way. :( I learned that when they offer to help, I just tell them thank you but no thank you. I give them other things to do like set the table or hand them a bottle of wine and ask them to start drinking without me :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Get Out Of My Kitchen

Post by Oscar Namechange »

My husband just knows better than to come any-where near the kitchen when I'm cooking.

I also can not bear any-one standing over me or looking over my shoulder.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Get Out Of My Kitchen

Post by Odie »

just sit nicely and I'll be in the kitchen, yup, just me.:lips::sneaky::yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Rapunzel

Get Out Of My Kitchen

Post by Rapunzel »

beowulf;1295470 wrote: i sort of agree..............used to drive me mad cos i knew how i wanted to do things and when so someone else there just got in the way...........but it dosnt bother me with my current partner tho, we seem to work well in the kitchen...............cept she cant make a decent cup of tea...........i swear she can burn the water :wah:

Lol! I thought you were American, but if you crave a decent cup of tea you must be English! :wah:

When I worked in America, the people I worked with thought I was mad when I offered to make them a cup of tea. They all drank cawfee! :wah:
Rapunzel

Get Out Of My Kitchen

Post by Rapunzel »

Jazzy;1295484 wrote: It drives me nuts too Lon. I have everything planned and timed and hate when people get in my way. :( I learned that when they offer to help, I just tell them thank you but no thank you. I give them other things to do like set the table or hand them a bottle of wine and ask them to start drinking without me :wah:

I'd ask them to pour me a glass too! :D

Cooking is always better when you add wine . . . even more so if you add it to the food! :wah::wah::wah:
qsducks

Get Out Of My Kitchen

Post by qsducks »

My kitchen is small but my hubs likes to come in and tease me...go away! Take your freegin remote & go away..I hide the remote or give it to my son, here go watch something mind bending. Yes, I agree with some peeps here...a sequence to be followed & no interruptions please:wah:
along-for-the-ride

Get Out Of My Kitchen

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Here's a link below to this post from my AFTR's Daily Commute Thread: ;)

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/forum ... ost1295884
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Queen_of_Hearts

Get Out Of My Kitchen

Post by Queen_of_Hearts »

I hate when people come in and out of the kitchen while I'm cooking just to look over my shoulder or supposedly have to put a glass in the sink that was sitting there for hours. Irritates me even more when they try to tell me what to do from the other room. :-5
Kathy Ellen

Get Out Of My Kitchen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I have a wee kitchen. Whenever I have a party, there are so many people in my kitchen talking to me. My friend Bill holds court there addressing everyone and telling funny stories:wah:

Just wish he would do it somewhere else:thinking::wah: Think I'll keep the beer keg outside next time .....

Return to “The Kitchen”