Kepis Manis

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Snowfire

Kepis Manis

Post by Snowfire »

Does anyone know what Kepis Manis is ? I have a recipe that has it as an ingredient
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Kepis Manis

Post by spot »

Soy sauce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kecap manis

Sweet soy sauce, which has a thick, almost syrupy consistency and a pronounced sweet, treacle-like flavor due to generous addition of palm sugar. It is a unique variety; in a pinch, it may be replaced by molasses with a little vegetable stock stirred in.

Kepis or kecap are vague spellings of the same word as ketchup.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snowfire

Kepis Manis

Post by Snowfire »

Thank you. I have no idea why my search came up blank. Appalling typing no doubt.

Its twist to the traditional sausage roll recipe. I'll let you know if it was worth the effort
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Kepis Manis

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1274934 wrote: Its twist to the traditional sausage roll recipe.

Good lord is it that time of year again???
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
fuzzywuzzy

Kepis Manis

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

spot;1274929 wrote: Soy sauce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kecap manis

Sweet soy sauce, which has a thick, almost syrupy consistency and a pronounced sweet, treacle-like flavor due to generous addition of palm sugar. It is a unique variety; in a pinch, it may be replaced by molasses with a little vegetable stock stirred in.

Kepis or kecap are vague spellings of the same word as ketchup.

I have some in my cupboard want me to send it over? I put it in rice while cooking makes a really cool taste to fried rice.

Return to “The Kitchen”