Counter Intelligence

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
G-man

Counter Intelligence

Post by G-man »

Counter Intelligence

When I was looking for a new house, I did my due diligence in choosing a house that already had a great kitchen and that was a strong selling point for me... that, the great location and the large yard. Personally, the kitchen is one of the rooms where I typically spend most of my time, so a smart, well-designed kitchen with ample counter space is essential for me. I was fortunate in finding a house with a recently remodeled kitchen that wouldn't require much work to suit me.

I am a bit of a neat freak, so I like to have my counter top free of clutter and appliances that can be neatly tucked away when not in use, but also easily accessed. Right now, I have an appliance garage in the corner, which houses my Cuisinart Coffee Brew Station, Bullet blender for blending my daily protein shakes and a Cuisinart digital toaster. At the other end of my kitchen countertop I have a small LCD television where I can catch the Early Show and CNN, whilst I drink my coffee and plan the rest of my day. That's all I need on most days. Less frequently used kitchen appliances are stored under the counter and out of the way.

What do you have on your kitchen countertop?

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Odie

Counter Intelligence

Post by Odie »

G-man;1274003 wrote: Counter Intelligence

When I was looking for a new house, I did my due diligence in choosing a house that already had a great kitchen and that was a strong selling point for me... that, the great location and the large yard. Personally, the kitchen is one of the rooms where I typically spend most of my time, so a smart, well-designed kitchen with ample counter space is essential for me. I was fortunate in finding a house with a recently remodeled kitchen that wouldn't require much work to suit me.

I am a bit of a neat freak, so I like to have my counter top free of clutter and appliances that can be neatly tucked away when not in use, but also easily accessed. Right now, I have an appliance garage in the corner, which houses my Cuisinart Coffee Brew Station, Bullet blender for blending my daily protein shakes and a Cuisinart digital toaster. At the other end of my kitchen countertop I have a small LCD television where I can catch the Early Show and CNN, whilst I drink my coffee and plan the rest of my day. That's all I need on most days. Less frequently used kitchen appliances are stored under the counter and out of the way.

What do you have on your kitchen countertop?

oh nice to have a t.v on your counter!:guitarist

- toaster sits out.

-electric can opener is screwed on just below the kitchen cabinets.

both white to match the new fridge and stove.

and my bird......he hold all my notes.:sneaky::yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Jazzy

Counter Intelligence

Post by Jazzy »

The only items I keep on my counter is a radio and a coffee maker.
Odie

Counter Intelligence

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1274179 wrote: The only items I keep on my counter is a radio and a coffee maker.

you don`t have a picture of Odie.:sneaky::yh_rotfl
Jazzy

Counter Intelligence

Post by Jazzy »

Odie;1274199 wrote: you don`t have a picture of Odie.:sneaky::yh_rotfl

I wouldn't want to scare my dogs :yh_rotfl
Odie

Counter Intelligence

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1274207 wrote: I wouldn't want to scare my dogs :yh_rotfl

:lips:
G-man

Counter Intelligence

Post by G-man »

I prefer simplicity on my desktops and countertops. If I could, I'd tuck everything away. :D It might even be cool to have my coffeemaker on a sort of dumbwaiter and have it disappear when not in use. :wah:

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Odie

Counter Intelligence

Post by Odie »

G-man;1275364 wrote: I prefer simplicity on my desktops and countertops. If I could, I'd tuck everything away. :D It might even be cool to have my coffeemaker on a sort of dumbwaiter and have it disappear when not in use. :wah:

coffee makers make it look more warn and inviting.
Nomad

Counter Intelligence

Post by Nomad »

Counter Intelligence

Id settle for a sliver of original intelligence.

Anyway counters...counters are important. Very useful for putting stuff on.

I concur, less is good. Bare essentials sans a couple of tasteful glazed containers. I think I will be adding a kitchen herb garden soon though.

Were tossing around the idea of making the granite plunge.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “The Kitchen”