Eggnog Muffins

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Jazzy

Eggnog Muffins

Post by Jazzy »

The holidays are coming up quicker than we know and I thought I would share this recipe.

Eggnog Muffins

3 cups flour

1 tablespoons baking powder

1/2 cup sugar

1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 large eggs

1 cup milk

1/2 cup melted butter, margarine or oil

2 teaspoons rum or rum extract

1 tablespoon sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking power, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil and rum. Pour liquid ingredients over dry, stir just until mixed. Spoon batter evenly into 12 greased, 2 1/2 inch muffin cups.

In a small container, combine sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over tops of muffins. Bake in a 400F oven for 20 minutes or until golden.

Eggnog Muffins

Post by G-man »

I'm going to try these! I love egg nog... I've got a few egg nog recipes of my own I could post... including a really good vegan "egg" nog recipe that tastes like the real thing.

The challenge I've had when making baked goods with that egg nog flavor is getting the egg part without being too egg-y. Does that make sense? Will two whole eggs accomplish that?

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Jazzy

Eggnog Muffins

Post by Jazzy »

G-man;1264270 wrote: I'm going to try these! I love egg nog... I've got a few egg nog recipes of my own I could post... including a really good vegan "egg" nog recipe that tastes like the real thing.

The challenge I've had when making baked goods with that egg nog flavor is getting the egg part without being too egg-y. Does that make sense? Will two whole eggs accomplish that?

I tried the recipe and followed all the instructions. I whisked the eggs really well and the muffins were absolutely the best I have ever tried. I made a test batch before I made these for my holiday guests :wah: I would be very interested in seeing your egg nog recipes G-man. I, also, just love egg nog :-4
Odie

Eggnog Muffins

Post by Odie »

OH Jazzy, these sound lovely!

I also love egg nog so I must try them.

or you can send me a couple for Christmas!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “The Kitchen”