The Next Iron Chef vs Top Chef?

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Kathys thread made me think of this again. I almost posted this the other night after watching Top Chef, but figured probably no one else found food shows as interesting as I do.:wah:

I think Top Chef is way meaner then The Next Iron Chef, but I think I like Padma over that alton Brown critter. For sure Iron Chef America is the best competition though- mutual respect is an obvious given.

But I like most of the competition shows on Food Network. Are there other channels with food shows like this?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I liked the original Iron Chef, the new version is all right.

I watch the food fights-I like the Disney cake ones, just because the cakes are so cool.

And the one guy from Baltimore who makes some of them-I told my daughter here, who just got engaged, I don't care if we can afford it or not, we're going down to Charm City Cakes to see it anyway. I think it would be fun.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

chonsigirl;1262876 wrote: I liked the original Iron Chef, the new version is all right.

I watch the food fights-I like the Disney cake ones, just because the cakes are so cool.

And the one guy from Baltimore who makes some of them-I told my daughter here, who just got engaged, I don't care if we can afford it or not, we're going down to Charm City Cakes to see it anyway. I think it would be fun.

I like the Competition shows where it's all in one sitting - the cake themes, the pumpkin carving and especially the meal ones - there was an itallian one that caught my interest in those types.

But I like watching them making the cakes on both food network and tlc - I had no idea they used rice crispy treats for shapes!:D

I googled charm city and it says it isn't open to the public:confused:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Wow, I looked too. But you can check an appointment by event date. It is 1 1/2 years away, I better tell her to punch in a date, I want to go there.

Double wow, I checked the prices, they start at $1000!:-2

Told you I was only going to look.................
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

But look at the cakes he makes..............

Gallery - Charm City Cakes
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I thought I saw the plantation one recently - are they on one of those shows? They aren't the Ace of Cales guys are they?:-2

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yeah, he's on one of those shows. He has the buzzed head. Been cooking cakes here for years, and now hit the big time. That's why I wanted to go see them, just for the fun of it. But I can get my daughter a pretty wedding gown for the price of one of his cakes.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

This is it! I knew I'd posted a thread about this somewhere!

I'll be back to report on the winner and more importantly - the loser!

I wish I had a tenth of the talent these folks get sent home with!:-6

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Love the "Cake Boss" on TLC.

Cake Boss : TLC

I watch as many cooking shows as I can love them. I never cook but love to watch others cook and get thrown off the shows. :wah:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Post by Odie »

CARLA;1265036 wrote: Love the "Cake Boss" on TLC.

Cake Boss : TLC

I watch as many cooking shows as I can love them. I never cook but love to watch others cook and get thrown off the shows. :wah:

Cake Boss, he is the best of the best, Ace of Cakes, move over!:yh_rotfl

I actually doubt Ace of Cakes will be on next season.

Cake Boss, this man has everyone beat.:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

flopstock;1262855 wrote: Kathys thread made me think of this again. I almost posted this the other night after watching Top Chef, but figured probably no one else found food shows as interesting as I do.:wah:

I think Top Chef is way meaner then The Next Iron Chef, but I think I like Padma over that alton Brown critter. For sure Iron Chef America is the best competition though- mutual respect is an obvious given.

But I like most of the competition shows on Food Network. Are there other channels with food shows like this?

I dont care for Iron Chef. Havent seen Emeril in ages. He was really getting on my nerves.

Top Chef is a good show, and your right, Alton is like some kind of rodent or undesirable critter. Hes a real smug ass.

Someone should ruin his life.

The other guy I dont like is the blonde guy with the spiked hair. Whats his deal? What can he do besides get in peoples way in working kitchens?

The Hells Kitchen guy...now hes a bad ass. I love the way he makes everyone cry.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Yaaaaaaaaay

Post by Yaaaaaaaaay »

I love Top Chef. I feel like Iron Chef can get a little serious but tonight is the season finale of Top Chef and i am very excited ... anyone else?!
Go ahead push my "why?" button. I dare you. [Link removed by moderator]
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Yaaaaaaaaay;1271431 wrote: I love Top Chef. I feel like Iron Chef can get a little serious but tonight is the season finale of Top Chef and i am very excited ... anyone else?!

Hi Ya....I love Top Chef and all of the Food Network shows:-6 I really hope that Kevin wins.....Don't care for the brothers and their attitudes:thinking: Who do you like the best?

Here's a pic of my sil and niece at a Yale wine tasting dinner with Chef Jacques Pipin and another famous French chef...sorry, don't know his name..Damn...I couldn't go as it took place in NY on a work night for me:-1

My family had a blast and loved the chefs, food and wines.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I don't like the brothers- one whines, the other is a butthole. Kevin has been good consistantly, IMO.

I watched the finale of Iron Chef last week. I was hoping chef garces would take it and he did. I don't like the guy judge on that show at all though... too condesending to both the contestants and the other judges for my liking.

There is a new one starting up soon that might be fun - something about the worst cooks in america:D

KE - did you get the guys autograph? He's one of those you remember because everyone was awestruck when he'd be on.

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

What about that host, what is his deal?

Your secret ingredient is ZUCHINNI

God...calm down.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

flopstock;1271479 wrote: I don't like the brothers- one whines, the other is a butthole. Kevin has been good consistantly, IMO.

KE - did you get his autograph? He's one of those you remember because everyone was awestruck when he'd be on.

No, I wasn't able to go Floppy. I had to work the next day, and NY is 70 miles north of me. Hope I can go to the next one if it's on the weekend.

My sil and niece bought their books, and the chefs signed them.

I was sooooooooooooo disappointed when Michael won Top Chef. I was really hoping for Kevin to win.

Return to “The Kitchen”