Tonight's Dinner

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Lon

Tonight's Dinner

Post by Lon »

Grilled Coho Salmon with garlic, lemon rosemary seasoning-----fresh green beans-----------mixed salad of tomato, greens, celery, green capsicum, red pepper, vinaigrette dressing---------------Merlot wine-----------don't tell me white wine----I had that earlier. Later tonight--------------butter pecan ice cream with strawberries.

Attached files
CARLA

Tonight's Dinner

Post by CARLA »

As always you make me so very hungry when I see your meals. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

AussiePam

Tonight's Dinner

Post by AussiePam »

By coincidence, Lon, we're having salmon too, or something rather like it. Ocean trout tails. I wrap them up in lightly buttered foil with white wine and dill and bake them. I'm fixing steamed asparagus, grape tomatoes and wild mushroom risotto to accompany the fish. And while I know other diners will drink a crisp dry white. I'm a red wine drinker and for me it goes with everything!! Bon app!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Peg

Tonight's Dinner

Post by Peg »

Lon;1247682 wrote: Grilled Coho Salmon with garlic, lemon rosemary seasoning-----fresh green beans-----------mixed salad of tomato, greens, celery, green capsicum, red pepper, vinaigrette dressing---------------Merlot wine-----------don't tell me white wine----I had that earlier. Later tonight--------------butter pecan ice cream with strawberries.

I couldn't eat with either one of you. :wah: I hate fish, hate green beans, hate tomatoes, have no clue what green capsicum is, the thought of asparagus and anything with mushrooms makes me want to puke. Good thing I'm not a picky eater huh? :wah:

AussiePam;1247693 wrote: By coincidence, Lon, we're having salmon too, or something rather like it. Ocean trout tails. I wrap them up in lightly buttered foil with white wine and dill and bake them. I'm fixing steamed asparagus, grape tomatoes and wild mushroom risotto to accompany the fish. And while I know other diners will drink a crisp dry white. I'm a red wine drinker and for me it goes with everything!! Bon app!!!
AussiePam

Tonight's Dinner

Post by AussiePam »

What kind of food do you like, Peg?

Peg

Tonight's Dinner

Post by Peg »

I could live on potatoes. I don't care how they are made, I will love them. My salads usually consist of lettuce, hard boiled egg, shredded cheese, sunflower seeds, and ranch dressing. Sometimes I throw tuna, which is weird considering that I hate other fish, or boneless skinless chicken breast in my salads. I love steak, chicken, pork and sauerkraut. I love spinach and will eat corn. Other than that, I really, really don't like vegetables no matter how much I want to.
AussiePam

Tonight's Dinner

Post by AussiePam »

Peg;1247707 wrote: I could live on potatoes. I don't care how they are made, I will love them. My salads usually consist of lettuce, hard boiled egg, shredded cheese, sunflower seeds, and ranch dressing. Sometimes I throw tuna, which is weird considering that I hate other fish, or boneless skinless chicken breast in my salads. I love steak, chicken, pork and sauerkraut. I love spinach and will eat corn. Other than that, I really, really don't like vegetables no matter how much I want to.

Do you eat fruit?

Peg

Tonight's Dinner

Post by Peg »

AussiePam;1247713 wrote: Do you eat fruit?

Not much but I will eat an apples, oranges, or grapes sometimes just to get some fresh fruit in me.
hoppy

Tonight's Dinner

Post by hoppy »

Lon;1247682 wrote: Grilled Coho Salmon with garlic, lemon rosemary seasoning-----fresh green beans-----------mixed salad of tomato, greens, celery, green capsicum, red pepper, vinaigrette dressing---------------Merlot wine-----------don't tell me white wine----I had that earlier. Later tonight--------------butter pecan ice cream with strawberries.

Sub Coors beer for the wine and I'll be over. What time?
qsducks

Tonight's Dinner

Post by qsducks »

I also don't care for fish but do love other seafoods...crabs, lobster, etc. & love most veggies except cabbage, beats & lima beans
AussiePam

Tonight's Dinner

Post by AussiePam »

Tonight - in honour of my youngest daughter visit (she needs feeding up) we're having red meat - Scotch fillet steak seared in butter, mini potatoes steamed in their jackets with garlic and spring onions, wild mushrooms and Italian salad.

I like all vegetables except chokos. These abominations used to grow wild on our back fence when I was little, and I remember them, soggy, tasteless, disgusting... Still, in bad times they were there.. grin. An Aussie equivalent maybe of polk salad. Gators got yer grannie. :sneaky:

YUM on the seafood, Ducky. I like scallops too - coquille st jacques !! And oysters - au naturel, mornay, kilpatrick. Hey - I wonder if Romy would like a few oysters to start tonight. Deeeeep thought...

Return to “The Kitchen”