Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Bill Sikes

Curry.

Post by Bill Sikes »

I dislike hot curry.
hoppy

Curry.

Post by hoppy »

Bill Sikes;1204256 wrote: I dislike hot curry (curry in the UK sense).

I don't like it cold either.
Carolly

Curry.

Post by Carolly »

Bill Sikes;1204256 wrote: I dislike hot curry (curry in the UK sense).Bill......your a right little ray of sunshine today aint ye babe:yh_rotfl:D;)

I actually went for a Curry last night....but cant have it as hot as I used to;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Bill Sikes

Curry.

Post by Bill Sikes »

hoppy;1204257 wrote: I don't like it cold either.

I don't know, it tastes good to me!
Bill Sikes

Curry.

Post by Bill Sikes »

Carolly;1204258 wrote: Bill......your a right little ray of sunshine today aint ye babe : yh_rotfl:D;)

Yes, thank you!

Carolly;1204258 wrote: I actually went for a Curry last night....but cant have it as hot as I used to ; )

What's the point of having very hot curry? It seems to be a peculiarly British thing to me, I haven't found it in normal cuisine abroad.
buttercup

Curry.

Post by buttercup »

Korma for me, love it.
spot

Curry.

Post by spot »

Bill Sikes;1204264 wrote: What's the point of having very hot curry? It seems to be a peculiarly British thing to me, I haven't found it in normal cuisine abroad.It tones down the shock of the lager.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Carolly

Curry.

Post by Carolly »

Bill Sikes;1204264 wrote: Yes, thank you!

What's the point of having very hot curry? It seems to be a peculiarly British thing to me, I haven't found it in normal cuisine abroad.Well I can see where ye coming from but I used to love them hot in my younger years.. now I go for a much milder type of curry....I go for a dish where the meat is buried in the rice with other bits and you get a mild vegtable curry with it....I just like the spices and taste of it and some other Indian dishes....Chinese Curry I make alot of and is totally different though;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
buttercup

Curry.

Post by buttercup »

Is it maybe part of the tough guy image? I can drive a car faster than you, i can eat a curry stronger than you kind of thing.
Carolly

Curry.

Post by Carolly »

Bill if you ever change your mind although I very much doubt it:wah::D

Chicken Biryani - All Recipes
Bill Sikes

Curry.

Post by Bill Sikes »

Carolly;1204273 wrote: Bill if you ever change your mind

Chicken-Biryani

But that's not hot, is it!
Bill Sikes

Curry.

Post by Bill Sikes »

buttercup;1204272 wrote: Is it maybe part of the tough guy image?

Possibly. I think that asking for a dish "extra hot" reflects badly - imagine someone asking for a cup of tea "Oh - put 12 spoons of sugar in it, I can take it!".
Carolly

Curry.

Post by Carolly »

Bill Sikes;1204278 wrote: But that's not hot, is it!Well no thats why I showed it to you:DMind you some make it hot so we are still on topic:wah:;)Do you eat any type of curry Bill?
Oscar Namechange

Curry.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

buttercup;1204267 wrote: Korma for me, love it.
To me..... Korma smells like Elton John's handbag.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Curry.

Bill Sikes;1204281 wrote: Possibly. I think that asking for a dish "extra hot" reflects badly - imagine someone asking for a cup of tea "Oh - put 12 spoons of sugar in it, I can take it!".
Have you ever had a 'Kofti' Kebab Bill?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
kazalala

Curry.

Post by kazalala »

I like Curry and was practically brought up on it:wah::wah: i like most different types, but i do like a hot one now and again,, as long as you still get the taste i like the spicyness too:D i think a madras is about hot enough for me ,,:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Curry.

Post by Odie »

Bill Sikes;1204256 wrote: I dislike hot curry.

I despise it and it's smell!:-5:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
Lon

Curry.

Post by Lon »

I have never had a curry that I did not like, hot, mild, zizzling-----love it all----------particularly with lamb and rice. It gets the juices flowing.
Bill Sikes

Curry.

Post by Bill Sikes »

Carolly;1204290 wrote: Do you eat any type of curry Bill?

Yes - but I don't like hot curry. I'm getting the feeling that this point is being missed!
Bill Sikes

Curry.

Post by Bill Sikes »

oscar;1204293 wrote: Have you ever had a 'Kofti' Kebab Bill?

I don't know. Why do you ask?
Carolly

Curry.

Post by Carolly »

Bill Sikes;1204356 wrote: Yes - but I don't like hot curry. I'm getting the feeling that this point is being missed!
Yes Bill I missed it:o but I will start again:D....Bill I cant eat really Hot Currys either now.;)
Snowfire

Curry.

Post by Snowfire »

I loves me Indian food. Bill's right in the sense that it doesnt have to be hot. I have eaten with Indian families and it seems their preferences pretty much mirror ours. Some like it hot, others prefer it mild. Me. I like my curries with bollocks but I'm happy to eat mild curries providing they are spicy. My son makes a wonderful Korma and my Lamb Madras is world renowned around these parts.

I've heard it said that the chillies that go into curries are quite addictive
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Odin

Curry.

Post by Odin »

MMmmm curry! Nice and hot for me please. :D

chicken vindaloo and chicken phal are my faves. I can never get them hot enough though when I try and cook them. Any recipes, and hints and tips, will be gratefully accepted. ;)
kayleneaussie

Curry.

Post by kayleneaussie »

I love curries but not too hot, but hubby and son love them hot....i dont see the point in the hot curries they only burn your mouth:(
FOC THREAD PART 1
Bill Sikes

Curry.

Post by Bill Sikes »

I have recently bought four jars of prepared curry sauce, with a number of chilis printed on the labels to denote "hotness" - one, two, three. I purchased two "two chili" ones, and two "three chili" ones. The difference is not marked, and they're not very "hot". I'm having some three-chili sauce for lunch, on broccoli, carrots, and "sweetcorn"!
Odin

Curry.

Post by Odin »

Patak's vindaloo curry paste is nice and warm. :D Although, it's not a taste I prefer. If you're going to use Patak's, you need to tinker with some ingredients for a good tasting curry. The paste, on it's own as a sauce, is pretty awful.
kazalala

Curry.

Post by kazalala »

Odin;1208776 wrote: Patak's vindaloo curry paste is nice and warm. :D Although, it's not a taste I prefer. If you're going to use Patak's, you need to tinker with some ingredients for a good tasting curry. The paste, on it's own as a sauce, is pretty awful.

the small tins which are classed as a sauce, but are quite thick like a paste,, are very nice,,, you have to not tbe tempted to add water though even though the tins are small,, and seem as if they practcally only jusy coat your ingredients,,, i take no notice of instructions,, and jusy chuck the sauce in with whatever ina casserole dish and stick it in the oven:D handy to have in for a quick and easy meal:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odin

Curry.

Post by Odin »

kazalala;1208832 wrote: the small tins which are classed as a sauce, but are quite thick like a paste,, are very nice,,, you have to not tbe tempted to add water though even though the tins are small,, and seem as if they practcally only jusy coat your ingredients,,, i take no notice of instructions,, and jusy chuck the sauce in with whatever ina casserole dish and stick it in the oven:D handy to have in for a quick and easy meal:D

I added the jar to a "not so spicy" madras from Asda, but the taste wasn't to my liking. I'd like the taste of a Madras, but with the heat of the Patak, I'd be a happy bunny then. :D Unless the tins are different to the jars. :confused:
kazalala

Curry.

Post by kazalala »

Odin;1208893 wrote: I added the jar to a "not so spicy" madras from Asda, but the taste wasn't to my liking. I'd like the taste of a Madras, but with the heat of the Patak, I'd be a happy bunny then. :D Unless the tins are different to the jars. :confused:

yes the tins are different to the jars:D they are the best i have found and i have tried different sauces, jars tins etc.. only for when im too lazy to make it proper:wah: I usually just chuck in some chicken, onions, peppers,, whatever ,, you know how it is with curry,,, have turkey or beef if you prefer ,, or prawns,, but remember prawns make the curry taste hotter than meat does:D anyway i chuck it altogether in a cassewrole dish ,, add the tin of sauce,, and shove it in the oven,, simple:D LIke i said earlier ,, the tin is smallish and seems to just coat the ingredients but it turns out ok:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Bill Sikes

Curry.

Post by Bill Sikes »

kazalala;1208896 wrote: tins jars

It's best to make this sort of dish, and accompaniments, from scratch - however, I'm exceedingly busy, and have been experimenting...
kazalala

Curry.

Post by kazalala »

Bill Sikes;1208898 wrote: It's best to make this sort of dish, and accompaniments, from scratch - however, I'm exceedingly busy, and have been experimenting...

well yes,, and i can make it from scratch proper indian style, but its just handy to have tins or jars in as a quick and easy meal ,, its literally takes 5 mins to prepare , and then once its in the oven just left to cook ,, so very good for a busy person:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
YZGI

Curry.

Post by YZGI »

You guys must eat curry like we do mexican food here.
Odin

Curry.

Post by Odin »

kazalala;1208896 wrote: yes the tins are different to the jars:D they are the best i have found and i have tried different sauces, jars tins etc.. only for when im too lazy to make it proper:wah: I usually just chuck in some chicken, onions, peppers,, whatever ,, you know how it is with curry,,, have turkey or beef if you prefer ,, or prawns,, but remember prawns make the curry taste hotter than meat does:D anyway i chuck it altogether in a cassewrole dish ,, add the tin of sauce,, and shove it in the oven,, simple:D LIke i said earlier ,, the tin is smallish and seems to just coat the ingredients but it turns out ok:D

ooooooo think I'll have a bash at the tins then. ;) Thanks for the heads up. :)
kazalala

Curry.

Post by kazalala »

YZGI;1209139 wrote: You guys must eat curry like we do mexican food here.

well i normally eat either curry or mexican with my mouth:thinking:how do you lot eat it:-3:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

sorry:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl so i assume you eat a lot of mexican food:-3:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
YZGI

Curry.

Post by YZGI »

kazalala;1209495 wrote: well i normally eat either curry or mexican with my mouth:thinking:how do you lot eat it:-3:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

sorry:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl so i assume you eat a lot of mexican food:-3:D
Yup. Love it. I eat jalapeno's with nearly every meal. They are good for you..
kazalala

Curry.

Post by kazalala »

YZGI;1209571 wrote: Yup. Love it. I eat jalapeno's with nearly every meal. They are good for you..

i like Jalepeno's:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

Curry.

kazalala;1209572 wrote: i like Jalepeno's:D I love jalepeno's mate in a arsseburning sensation type way.
farmer giles

Curry.

Post by farmer giles »

YZGI;1209571 wrote: Yup. Love it. I eat jalapeno's with nearly every meal. They are good for you..

cornflakes jalapeno's and orange juice :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

how about some tex mex recipe's moron proof instructions needed i can feel a spicy sassy weekend coming on :):)
Snowfire

Curry.

Post by Snowfire »

I'm not picking on you or anything but a hot curry does play havoc with my Farmer Giles
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill

Return to “The Kitchen”