Memorial Day Food

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

Yum, would love to know some of the goodies everyone is having for this upcoming weekend. Ideas are appreciated.

Shrimp kebobs with pineapple, salmon, corn onthe cob, salad & a homemade strawberry cheesecake.:-4
chonsigirl

Memorial Day Food

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that sounds yummy! I haven't decided yet what to cook, probably some good BBQ goodies.
qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

chonsigirl;1191242 wrote: Oh, that sounds yummy! I haven't decided yet what to cook, probably some good BBQ goodies.

Hubs was supposed to go shopping this last weekend...got called on a job, naturally. So, I'm looking to go online & get the goodies.:-4 I'm going for the meat, deli & produce. He can do the rest.
along-for-the-ride

Memorial Day Food

Post by along-for-the-ride »

We will not have that day off from work to barbeque. That's why I didn't supply any food suggestions.

Your menu sounds yummy! :):-6
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

I bought some hotdogs & burgers today but forgot the rolls:-5
Odie

Memorial Day Food

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1191822 wrote: We will not have that day off from work to barbeque. That's why I didn't supply any food suggestions.

that`s to bad when people have to work on a holiday!
Life is just to short for drama.
Kathy Ellen

Memorial Day Food

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh Along, I'm sorry that you have to work on Memorial Day...bummer...

I'm delighted to be on my own for this weekend as I have sooooo much schoolwork that needs to be done. Plus, there are far too many dust bunnies roaming around my home hiding everywhere.

I plan to work, clean, talk to Ducky on a real phone, post on FG, drink wine and chill and grill all weekend:wah:
qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1191985 wrote: Oh Along, I'm sorry that you have to work on Memorial Day...bummer...

I'm delighted to be on my own for this weekend as I have sooooo much schoolwork that needs to be done. Plus, there are far too many dust bunnies roaming around my home hiding everywhere.

I plan to work, clean, drink wine and chill and grill all weekend:wah:

Just make sure you wave to Laura who will be in Wildwood all weekend:wah:. We're going out tomorrow to buy her some food at BJ's...going with the same crowd from last year, same house too.

Bummer for ya Along...do you have at least Sunday off?
Odie

Memorial Day Food

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1191985 wrote: Oh Along, I'm sorry that you have to work on Memorial Day...bummer...

we had our first long weekend last, and it was so nice just to be on my own........got sooooo much done, watched a few movies......:D

enjoy yours.:-4
Kathy Ellen

Memorial Day Food

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1191988 wrote: Just make sure you wave to Laura who will be in Wildwood all weekend:wah:. We're going out tomorrow to buy her some food at BJ's...going with the same crowd from last year, same house too.

Bummer for ya Along...do you have at least Sunday off?

Hey Ducky...I also added talking to you on a real phone.:wah:

wooohooo. I certainly will wave to Laura in Wildwood and hope she has a great time there.

I've been listening to so many commercials about Ocean City

....encouraging people to visit there. I still have to send you the new NJ mag touting OC with a blurb. It is a beautiful town Ducky:D
qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1191993 wrote: Hey Ducky...I also added talking to you on a real phone.:wah:

wooohooo. I certainly will wave to Laura in Wildwood and hope she has a great time there.

I've been listening to so many commercials about Ocean City

....encouraging people to visit there. I still have to send you the new NJ mag touting OC with a blurb. It is a beautiful town Ducky:D

I heard it got voted best beach town for 2009:-6
Coconut

Memorial Day Food

Post by Coconut »

chonsigirl;1191242 wrote: Oh, that sounds yummy! I haven't decided yet what to cook, probably some good BBQ goodies.

I was in the same boat.... but I'm getting some ideas flowing :) I'm thinking about some Burgers, bbq pork ribs and Chicken kabob Dippers as far as meats and then grilling some corn on the cob and other veggies...

If you are still looking for BBQ ideas, they have lots of great grilling recipes on the Just Add BBQ blog :)

Let me know what you end up grilling :)
qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

Coconut;1192346 wrote: I was in the same boat.... but I'm getting some ideas flowing :) I'm thinking about some Burgers, bbq pork ribs and Chicken kabob Dippers as far as meats and then grilling some corn on the cob and other veggies...

If you are still looking for BBQ ideas, they have lots of great grilling recipes on the Just Add BBQ blog :)

Let me know what you end up grilling :)

I'm thinking of baked clams, crabcakes & salmon for Sat. night., corn on the cob & a salad...also making brownies with strawberries & whipped cream:-4. I have loads of chairs...so make a reservation for one.:wah:
Odie

Memorial Day Food

Post by Odie »

Coconut;1192346 wrote: I was in the same boat.... but I'm getting some ideas flowing :) I'm thinking about some Burgers, bbq pork ribs and Chicken kabob Dippers as far as meats and then grilling some corn on the cob and other veggies...

Coconut, that sounds delicious!:guitarist:guitarist
qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

Part of the menu has been detailed...it could always change though:wah:. On Sat. night...baked clams & shrimp with pineapples on skewers, salad, hotdogs & burgers & corn on the cob. Dessert is some kind of berry pie...all homemade. Probs won't be here on the FG till later in the evening after I watch hubs take a nose dive into an early bedtime:wah:
CARLA

Memorial Day Food

Post by CARLA »

I'm going to Ducky's house for Memorial Day menu sounds perfect..!! :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

hoppy

Memorial Day Food

Post by hoppy »

Oatmeal.
Odie

Memorial Day Food

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1191242 wrote: I haven't decided yet what to cook, probably some good BBQ goodies.

bbq?

what time is dinner served?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

CARLA;1192509 wrote: I'm going to Ducky's house for Memorial Day menu sounds perfect..!! :-6

You are cordially invited Carla...I would love to have your company. I have several seats open also...who else should we invite? I was just on the foodnetwork.com for recipes...saw a fab one for strawberry shortcake...not too sweet, but just perfect.:-4

Hoppy...we have a seat available...come & join the festivities...I'll feed you your oatmeal in the morning, lol.
CARLA

Memorial Day Food

Post by CARLA »

Why thank you kind Lady..!! I say invite Spot we know he won't make it and we have more food for us..:yh_rotfl

[QUOTE]You are cordially invited Carla...I would love to have your company. I have several seats open also...who else should we invite? I was just on the foodnetwork.com for recipes...saw a fab one for strawberry shortcake...not too sweet, but just perfect.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

CARLA;1192522 wrote: Why thank you kind Ladie..!! I say invite Spot we know he won't make it and we have more food for us..:yh_rotfl

I was thinking some of my fave FOC'rs...Carolly, Kaz, Chez, Kay, Kathy Ellen, Jimbo, El Guapo, Nomad (yes he's invited), Sunshine...the list goes on...I may have to rent a banquet hall at this point:wah:
CARLA

Memorial Day Food

Post by CARLA »

Sounds like a good bunch to me Nomie is one of my favorites as well.. ;)

[QUOTE] I was thinking some of my fave FOC'rs...Carolly, Kaz, Chez, Kay, Kathy Ellen, Jimbo, El Guapo, Nomad (yes he's invited), Sunshine...the list goes on...I may have to rent a banquet hall at this point[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

CARLA;1192526 wrote: Sounds like a good bunch to me Nomie is one of my favorites as well.. ;)

It wouldn't be Memorial Day without Nomie:wah:.
CARLA

Memorial Day Food

Post by CARLA »

Amen sister you got that right..!! ;)

[QUOTE]It wouldn't be Memorial Day without Nomie.:wah:[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

CARLA;1192533 wrote: Amen sister you got that right..!! ;)

I say he gives the opening prayer for brekkie & dinner...mind you I'm not religious at all so I can only imagine what he would say:yh_rotfl
CARLA

Memorial Day Food

Post by CARLA »

Nomie would surprise you he can be very reflective and rise to the occasion..!! :D

[QUOTE]I say he gives the opening prayer for brekkie & dinner...mind you I'm not religious at all so I can only imagine what he would say[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

CARLA;1192537 wrote: Nomie would surprise you he can be very reflective and rise to the occasion..!! :D

I'm sure he will give an invigorating speech:wah:...this calls for mimosa's in the morning you know:wah: Cheers to our good friend Nomie
kazalala

Memorial Day Food

Post by kazalala »

woo hoo i would love to come to your barbie:D:Dunfortunately i cant get a flight so i will have to have my own one here:wah: the weather looks great for Sunday so we are having a barbie then instead of me cooking a sunday roast as normal. My daughter and her boyfriend, my son and his girlfriend will be there, probs having all the normal stuff, burgers, sausages, some chicken, kebabs,, some yummy salad, coleslaw, maybe some pasta or rice salad,, bread rolls.. then some yummy deserts for later, i have some chocolate profiteroles, fruity cheesecake:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

kazalala;1192784 wrote: woo hoo i would love to come to your barbie:D:Dunfortunately i cant get a flight so i will have to have my own one here:wah: the weather looks great for Sunday so we are having a barbie then instead of me cooking a sunday roast as normal. My daughter and her boyfriend, my son and his girlfriend will be there, probs having all the normal stuff, burgers, sausages, some chicken, kebabs,, some yummy salad, coleslaw, maybe some pasta or rice salad,, bread rolls.. then some yummy deserts for later, i have some chocolate profiteroles, fruity cheesecake:D

I'll go to yours in my fantasies...you won't be able to miss me:wah:
Coconut

Memorial Day Food

Post by Coconut »

Odie;1192504 wrote: Coconut, that sounds delicious!:guitarist:guitarist

Everything came out awesome! I ended up making the Chicken Kabob dippers, burgers and sausages!

The Kabobs were a real crowd pleaser... love the color and taste combo and the fact that they are so simple to make! Definitely going to make those more often.

You can get the recipe from the Just Add BBQ blog :) They have lots of great summer grilling ideas!
qsducks

Memorial Day Food

Post by qsducks »

Coconut;1199169 wrote: Everything came out awesome! I ended up making the Chicken Kabob dippers, burgers and sausages!

The Kabobs were a real crowd pleaser... love the color and taste combo and the fact that they are so simple to make! Definitely going to make those more often.

You can get the recipe from the Just Add BBQ blog :) They have lots of great summer grilling ideas!

Naturally, I'm out of propane at the mo.:-5. Making my sister's Nancy Burger's...meatloaf on a bun.:wah:

Return to “The Kitchen”