An Idea for Men

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Lon

An Idea for Men

Post by Lon »

When I was in my mid 30's I had three married male friends that I would get together with one Saturday of each month. We would rotate going to each others home after noon on a Saturday and prepare a meal for that Saturday night. We tried to do meals out of the ordinary, soups, salads, mains, deserts etc. Our wives thought this was a hell of a great idea, particularly since we did the cleanup as well. We all contributed ingredients to the meal as well as the wine, which we guys started consuming as we were preparing the meal. The wives didn't show up until 6 PM for hors devours & drinks and then we would sit down for dinner at 7PM. Some guys bond with sports activities and I did as well, but this particular activity became a truly special bonding not only for us guys but with our wives as well.
qsducks

An Idea for Men

Post by qsducks »

Lon;1190633 wrote: When I was in my mid 30's I had three married male friends that I would get together with one Saturday of each month. We would rotate going to each others home after noon on a Saturday and prepare a meal for that Saturday night. We tried to do meals out of the ordinary, soups, salads, mains, deserts etc. Our wives thought this was a hell of a great idea, particularly since we did the cleanup as well. We all contributed ingredients to the meal as well as the wine, which we guys started consuming as we were preparing the meal. The wives didn't show up until 6 PM for hors devours & drinks and then we would sit down for dinner at 7PM. Some guys bond with sports activities and I did as well, but this particular activity became a truly special bonding not only for us guys but with our wives as well.

That sounds like a great idea Lon. My hubs loves to cook and is very good at it...his sisters can't believe he actually loves to cook:-4...well duddy to them then.:wah:

Return to “The Kitchen”