Let's all eat Rabbit for Easter

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Instead of the traditional Ham or Chicken for Easter, how about rabbit?

I think I will pass on the Fried Rabbit Heads and go with the Fried Rabbit with Chili's. OR we could roast a Giant Rabbit like the one in the picture.:wah:

Attached files
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I used to hunt and eat rabbit all the time years ago. I fried one up and took a bite the last time and it was a bad rabbit. Haven't been able to eat rabbit since.:wah:
abbey

Post by abbey »

Ugh, how repulsive!
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

YOU ARE SICK, SICK, SICK!

I HOPE THE RABBIT CHOKES YOU!

It's your choice what you eat and I respect your right to choose, but if you wouldn't eat a cat or a dog, why eat a bunny????? :-1 :( :mad: :-5

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Sorry Abbey, that wasn't directed at you! :-4 :-1
Odie

Post by Odie »

Lon;1173076 wrote: Instead of the traditional Ham or Chicken for Easter, how about rabbit?

I think I will pass on the Fried Rabbit Heads and go with the Fried Rabbit with Chili's. OR we could roast a Giant Rabbit like the one in the picture.:wah:

you are demented!:yh_rotfl

how can you possibly think about eating rabbits?

...and that cute face?

Life is just to short for drama.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Rapunzel;1173093 wrote: YOU ARE SICK, SICK, SICK!

I HOPE THE RABBIT CHOKES YOU!

It's your choice what you eat and I respect your right to choose, but if you wouldn't eat a cat or a dog, why eat a bunny????? :-1 :( :mad: :-5

Same way I eat deer..

Lamb.

cows..

even goat..

:D:D:D:D
Odie

Post by Odie »

:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:lips::lips::lips:
abbey

Post by abbey »

Rapunzel;1173094 wrote: Sorry Abbey, that wasn't directed at you! :-4 :-1:wah: Sillybilly!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

YZGI;1173108 wrote: Same way I eat deer..

Lamb.

cows..

even goat..

Goat?:lips:
abbey

Post by abbey »

qsducks;1173121 wrote: Goat?:lips:Kid is a lovely meat.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

qsducks;1173121 wrote: Goat?:lips:
Yup, its good stuff. I love the ribs.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

YZGI;1173123 wrote: Yup, its good stuff. I love the ribs.

I'd rather have ribs from a pig thank you very much:wah:
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

qsducks;1173127 wrote: I'd rather have ribs from a pig thank you very much:wah:
Thats a good point. Why is it we have no problem eating an ugly animal, but we scoff at eating cute or pretty animals? Wouldn't be more sane to want to eat the good looking meat?;):D
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Lon;1173076 wrote: Instead of the traditional Ham or Chicken for Easter, how about rabbit?

I don't think so..........................:-1

cute or pretty

Thank you YZGI, I knew you forgave me for snitching the remote. :)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

This is the only rabbit I'm eating on Easter:-4

Odie

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1173139 wrote: This is the only rabbit I'm eating on Easter:-4

did you already buy one for yourself? I did!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh yummy, chocolate bunnies!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1173142 wrote: did you already buy one for yourself? I did!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

No not yet.:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1173153 wrote: No not yet.:wah:

but you will..........just like me!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1173156 wrote: but you will..........just like me!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I saw a huge bunny in one of the pix Kathy Ellen sent. The thing must have been 5' tall! Hope it doesn't melt.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

qsducks;1173162 wrote: I saw a huge bunny in one of the pix Kathy Ellen sent. The thing must have been 5' tall! Hope it doesn't melt.
We are having Duck!!! :wah:
Lon

Post by Lon »

Chocolate bunnies don't bar-b-q very well.:wah:
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Absolutely! ducks and rabbits abound right now. Eat them all right up !!!!!

eradicate the bunnies........kill, mame, destroy!!!!!
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

abbey;1173119 wrote: wah: Sillybilly!

I beg your pardon?
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

YZGI;1173108 wrote: Same way I eat deer..

Oh dear dear..... :-3

Lamb.

You're so baaaad! :-2

cows..

You're udderly ridicowlous! :p

even goat..

You're kidding me! :-3

As I said before... it's your right to choose, but those are farm animals and not pets.

Would you eat a hamster??? :sneaky:
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Rapunzel why the hystirical outburst? We have a pet rabbit, soon to be a whole lotta pet rabbits. But I eat rabbit and can tell the difference between a pet and a wild pest.

It stands to reason here why people would eat rabbit and goat and duck and deer, they are pest and a danger to our enviroment.

I remember a Ron White sketch in which he tells the story of his friend in california who turns vegetarian and critizers Ron about eating beef. (Because they polute the air and are the reason for rain forests being destroyed etc.) His friend tells him that's why he doesn't eat beef and asks Ron what is he doing for the enviroment? Ron answers "I'm eating the damn things".
Odie

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1173162 wrote: I saw a huge bunny in one of the pix Kathy Ellen sent. The thing must have been 5' tall! Hope it doesn't melt.

you saw a bunny in a pic?

and its chocolate?:confused:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Lon;1173186 wrote: Chocolate bunnies don't bar-b-q very well.:wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

fuzzywuzzy;1173195 wrote: Absolutely! ducks and rabbits abound right now. Eat them all right up !!!!!

eradicate the bunnies........kill, mame, destroy!!!!!

If you feel the urge to kill, maim and destroy then perhaps you should join the army!

It will even things up in nature if you in turn become cannon fodder.

You destroy...you are destroyed. That's nature becoming even.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Havent you ever seen that famous cartoon?

first pic.............three soldiers running over a mound yelling kill maim destroy.

second pic...............two soldiers sitting in a dug out and one asks the other..."SAS?"

third pic..........."Nope, army cooks"

glad you picked up on the pun.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:driving:

BTW did you just tell me i should die? That's rather sad. "Save the bunnies. Kill the people." And you tell others they are sick? strange.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

fuzzywuzzy;1173225 wrote: Rapunzel why the hystirical outburst? We have a pet rabbit, soon to be a whole lotta pet rabbits. But I eat rabbit and can tell the difference between a pet and a wild pest.

It stands to reason here why people would eat rabbit and goat and duck and deer, they are pest and a danger to our enviroment.

I remember a Ron White sketch in which he tells the story of his friend in california who turns vegetarian and critizers Ron about eating beef. (Because they polute the air and are the reason for rain forests being destroyed etc.) His friend tells him that's why he doesn't eat beef and asks Ron what is he doing for the enviroment? Ron answers "I'm eating the damn things".

I'm not hystirical, I'm not even hysterical. But one of my pet bunnies died a couple of weeks ago (you may recall) and I was terribly upset and have been for the last few weeks. I find these comments in very poor taste.

Also, everyone knows Chonsi keeps bunnies, so I find it in bad taste for her too.

Thirdly, it is Easter. Bunnies are a major part of Easter. Our local pet shop has completely sold out of bunnies, proving that people are giving them as Easter presents, presumably to children who won't know how to care for them. Those children and their parents may very well Google bunnies / rabbits and come here to learn a bit more about rabbit care. Imagine how upset a child may be if faced with pictures of their new pets cooked. You wouldn't show pictures of cats or dogs being cooked as you know people would be highly offended. You wouldn't show pictures of mice or hamsters being cooked, even though they are pests as well as pets, because again you know people would be highly offended. So why bunnies? Personally I think it is sick and offensive and in incredibly bad taste. I have a very good sense of humour but I fail to see the humour in these remarks.

Finally fuzzywuzzy, goats, ducks and deer are NOT a danger to our environment. Rabbits are only considered so when they proliferate, but the reason they breed so much is because they are actually very frail animals with incredibly short life spans in the wild (just a couple of years) because many animals such as foxes (who ARE a danger to our environment, to farms and to livestock) view them as prey! I'm surprised you are able to eat the same animals that you keep as pets. And yes they are the same. A rabbit is a rabbit. They have the same instincts and tendencies whether caged or in the wild. Do you eat cats and dogs and mice and hamsters too? And if not, why not? hmm?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I love my little bunnies, they are the sweetest pets I have ever had.

I enjoy the wild rabbits, here they are not a nusance, but a lovely distraction to watch them. They were on my yard just last night, binkying for the pure joy of life.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

fuzzywuzzy;1173249 wrote: BTW did you just tell me i should die? That's rather sad. "Save the bunnies. Kill the people." And you tell others they are sick? strange.

You're putting words in my mouth, you know I didn't say that. So tell me how its alright for you to kill/maim/destroy but not to have it come back and bite you in the a$$? All I'm saying is that the playing field should be even.

BTW thats a couple of times you've snapped at my heels. If you have a problem with me please say so or ignore me. I don't like people who take digs at me for no apparent reason.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

chonsigirl;1173266 wrote: I love my little bunnies, they are the sweetest pets I have ever had.

I enjoy the wild rabbits, here they are not a nusance, but a lovely distraction to watch them. They were on my yard just last night, binkying for the pure joy of life.

Thankyou Chonsi. Your words are balm to my soul. :-4

That's how life should be and that's how rabbits should be. :-4
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Rapunzel;1173258 wrote: I'm not hystirical, I'm not even hysterical. But one of my pet bunnies died a couple of weeks ago (you may recall) and I was terribly upset and have been for the last few weeks. I find these comments in very poor taste.

Also, everyone knows Chonsi keeps bunnies, so I find it in bad taste for her too.

Thirdly, it is Easter. Bunnies are a major part of Easter. Our local pet shop has completely sold out of bunnies, proving that people are giving them as Easter presents, presumably to children who won't know how to care for them. Those children and their parents may very well Google bunnies / rabbits and come here to learn a bit more about rabbit care. Imagine how upset a child may be if faced with pictures of their new pets cooked. You wouldn't show pictures of cats or dogs being cooked as you know people would be highly offended. You wouldn't show pictures of mice or hamsters being cooked, even though they are pests as well as pets, because again you know people would be highly offended. So why bunnies? Personally I think it is sick and offensive and in incredibly bad taste. I have a very good sense of humour but I fail to see the humour in these remarks.

Finally fuzzywuzzy, goats, ducks and deer are NOT a danger to our environment. Rabbits are only considered so when they proliferate, but the reason they breed so much is because they are actually very frail animals with incredibly short life spans in the wild (just a couple of years) because many animals such as foxes (who ARE a danger to our environment, to farms and to livestock) view them as prey! I'm surprised you are able to eat the same the same animals that you keep as pets. And yes they are the same. A rabbit is a rabbit. They have the same instincts and tendencies whether caged or in the wild. Do you eat cats and dogs and mice and hamsters too? And if not, why not? hmm?

You wouldn't show pictures of cats or dogs being cooked as you know people would be highly offended.

should someone tell rapunzel not to tempt me?

Okay,I won't put the pic of the "christmas tree" up then. A tree on the side of the road on the way to Omeo with all the wild dogs hanging off it, I was going to take a tail but they were too decomposed.

If we had to think of children everytime we came here most of the threads would have to be deleted.

My sons rabbit is his favourite pet and even he can tell the difference between a pest and a pet. The problem with rabbits is also the reason it is illegal to own a pet rabbit in Western Australia.

I find it highly offensive that you look down on people who eat cats and dogs and hamsters and mice. That's racism!!!!

What's interesting is it is the ignorance to the Australian envroment by Brits in the early days that has Australians eating goat and deer and rabbit and hunting foxes and wild boar, dogs and cats and crows and pigeons.

Charming, Nope didn't have to put words into your mouth at all.

chonsi I'm afraid I would be duty bound to kill or trap any wild rabbit in my yard. firstly because they would infect Keehans pet rabbit with Mixo and secondly they are a pest. A terrible pest.

And you would be interested to know guys that Australia is trying to stop the "easter bunnie thing". They brought in the Easter Bilby instead because rabbits are not a good thing here and I make absolutely no apologies for that.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

fuzzywuzzy;1173284 wrote: I find it highly offensive that you look down on people who eat cats and dogs and hamsters and mice. That's racism!!!!

Don't be ridiculous! Do you even know any people who eat these animals?
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Peter Lake;1173175 wrote: We are having Duck!!! :wah:

Naughty Peter! I will have to put you in the Pumpkin House:yh_rotfl
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

fuzzywuzzy;1173284 wrote: The problem with rabbits is also the reason it is illegal to own a pet rabbit in Western Australia.

And you would be interested to know guys that Australia is trying to stop the "easter bunnie thing". They brought in the Easter Bilby instead because rabbits are not a good thing here and I make absolutely no apologies for that.

If rabbits are 'not a good thing there' and are illegal in Western Australia, why buy your son one as a pet? How strange is that? Rabbits don't know where the boundary lines are and can presumably hop into Western Australia from the Northern Territory or South Aus. So presumably they'll become illegal throughout Australia at some point. What will you tell your son then? What will you do with his pest...er...pet?
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Don't be ridiculous! Do you even know any people who eat these animals?

YES!!!! why in gods name wouldn't I ? I don't know, maybe I get out more?

Oh god, would someone else (Australian) please tell this woman all about it ?

I spose you'll be upset that I'm going duck shooting later today.:-5
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

BTW if you are thinking of shooting a rabbit . :D

Always make sure it's a head shot (stops the meat from spoiling ) and use sea water or seasalt in a bucket of water to soak the carcass after skinning . It makes the meat soft and tender.

Roast rabbit and chestnuts, beautiful Autumn dinner.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

fuzzywuzzy;1173314 wrote: YES!!!! why in gods name wouldn't I ? I don't know, maybe I get out more?

Oh god, would someone else (Australian) please tell this woman all about it ?

I spose you'll be upset that I'm going duck shooting later today.:-5

do you really want the answer to that question?:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1173324 wrote: do you really want the answer to that question?:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

duck season opened a couple of weeks ago and there's some good eating out there right now. The rules are very strict but most are happy with two or three big ones.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

fuzzywuzzy;1173331 wrote: duck season opened a couple of weeks ago and there's some good eating out there right now. The rules are very strict but most are happy with two or three big ones.

Your naughty:wah:. Go and enjoy your ducks, but no duckys:wah:
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

No that's not naughty.

Now if a gentleman said he wanted to eat you ...................that would be naughty.;):yh_rotfl

sorry that was a bit below the belt wasn't it................oh god it just gets worse :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I'll stop now.:D
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

fuzzywuzzy;1173335 wrote: No that's not naughty.

Now if a gentleman said he wanted to eat you ...................that would be naughty.;):yh_rotfl

sorry that was a bit below the belt wasn't it................oh god it just gets worse :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I'll stop now.:D

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl How horny are you gf? You need a MAN!!!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

ahhh that's it !!! I shoot things to relieve the pressure.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

what makes you think I'm not gettin any?

is it that obvious is it?:p

find me one ducky, and I'll be happy to use him and abuse him for a bit
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

fuzzywuzzy;1173339 wrote: ahhh that's it !!! I shoot things to relieve the pressure.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

what makes you think I'm not gettin any?

is it that obvious is it?:p

find me one ducky, and I'll be happy to use him and abuse him for a bit

Your sick don't your realize that:yh_rotfl, kidding. I thought you had a bf?
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hey I use them not kill them :yh_rotfl

Nope just lots of friends to be honest. I have a long line actually but I'm not interested. They want me to do "girl stuff" and I want to be happy doing my own thing. they have got me into dresses again though

I brought back a paper target from my time away and my closest male friends went all weird on me because I shot 9 bulleyes out of ten shots. One of them even put his face in his hands when he saw the results of my shooting. :-5 he'd given me a cross bow to shoot a few weeks ago and I got two bulleyes out of three shots. he wouldn't let me do it again. and he refused to have a comp with me.:thinking:

Damn it!!!! now i'm all upset about it, I have to go find a small animal and kill it.

Be afraid be very afraid!!!!

Return to “The Kitchen”