I use to HATE

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
southern yankee

I use to HATE

Post by southern yankee »

When i was a kid i hated spinage and olives. Now i love them. how about you?? What was YUCKY to you??:p
Kindle

I use to HATE

Post by Kindle »

Liver.

Now I enjoy liver and onions on occassion and I love chicken livers. To say nothing about liver pate', which I really enjoy. :-6

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
southern yankee

I use to HATE

Kindle;1102720 wrote: Liver.

Now I enjoy liver and onions on occassion and I love chicken livers. To say nothing about liver pate', which I really enjoy. :-6 pate', i like. the rest you can have it all to yourself YUCK:p
Odie

I use to HATE

Post by Odie »

liver and brussel sprouts.......they still suck!
Life is just to short for drama.
minks

I use to HATE

Post by minks »

Liver fan here too, grew up eating the stuff.

Liver and Onions and a sour cream sauce mmmmm

I disliked a good steak and ham as a kid. Now love them both.

Disliked Peas as a kid and still hate em :wah:
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
southern yankee

I use to HATE

odie;1102802 wrote: liver and brussel sprouts.......they still suck! liver yuck, double yuck!!!!!
Peg

I use to HATE

Post by Peg »

Liver! YUCK! I don't do guts! :yh_rotfl

I used to hate cabbage rolls and now I could eat them twice a week.
flopstock

I use to HATE

Post by flopstock »

southern yankee;1102716 wrote: When i was a kid i hated spinage and olives. Now i love them. how about you?? What was YUCKY to you??:p

and you say you are not pregnant, right?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

AussiePam

I use to HATE

Post by AussiePam »

Is this a thread where nobody is having a midlife crisis???? Maybe I should read the thread.... han on.... it does have the word HATE loudly in the thread title. ... nar I'll read the thread first...
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

AussiePam

I use to HATE

Post by AussiePam »

OOOOH it's about food. I love food - including liver, olives, spinach, steak, chicken liver, pate and brussels sprouts. YUMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOO

:D

Does this mean I'm a teensy weensy little bit preggers??? I thought I'd figured out what causes that????:thinking:

Odie

I use to HATE

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1102879 wrote: OOOOH it's about food. I love food - including liver, olives, spinach, steak, chicken liver, pate and brussels sprouts. YUMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOO

:D

Does this mean I'm a teensy weensy little bit preggers??? I thought I'd figured out what causes that????:thinking:

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

brussel sprouts and liver!:-5:-5:-5:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Omni_Skittles

I use to HATE

Post by Omni_Skittles »

i used to love spinach now i hate it.... i also used to love soda and now i hate it... hmmm oh i use to hate ramon noodles now i LOVE it.
Smoke signals ftw!
AussiePam

I use to HATE

Post by AussiePam »

I wouldn't eat them together, Odie!!! Nice bit of English style roast beef, yorkshire pud, baked spuds, baked pumpkin and brussels sprouts. Or it's traditional of course to eat bs's with the Christmas turkey.

Now liver - my mum used to do this brilliantly, lightly dusted with seasoned flour, quickly fried with bacon (also lightly floured) - then she served it with the pan juices made into a most wondrous gravy. Chips and peas or beans... I'm fainting at the memory. (In these more health conscious times, liver grills up very nicely, and goes well stuffed with apple too)

Did someone mention peas below??? Think I omitted that. Nothing quite like a plateful of freshly shelled peas, lightly steamed, with maybe a sprig of mint. And lamb cutlets.... boiled tiny potatoes in their jackets!!! Orgasmic!

AussiePam

I use to HATE

Post by AussiePam »

Ahh Omni - Noodles!! All noodles are awesome. In Asian soups, in pad thai, or Singapore curry style... with laksas... whatever.. SWOOOOON

Omni_Skittles

I use to HATE

Post by Omni_Skittles »

AussiePam;1102949 wrote: Ahh Omni - Noodles!! All noodles are awesome. In Asian soups, in pad thai, or Singapore curry style... with laksas... whatever.. SWOOOOONI'm more simple minded haha Ramon Noodles work just super for me.
Smoke signals ftw!
AussiePam

I use to HATE

Post by AussiePam »

I just looked up Ramen Noodles - they're the dried ones that all students appear to live on, aren't they? Great idea. When I was a student it was bread rolls and canned soup, forever. Not bad though. And mega cheap at the uni canteen.

Omni_Skittles

I use to HATE

Post by Omni_Skittles »

AussiePam;1102955 wrote: I just looked up Ramen Noodles - they're the dried ones that all students appear to live on, aren't they? Great idea. When I was a student it was bread rolls and canned soup, forever. Not bad though. And mega cheap at the uni canteen.Yep, we live off of it... Super cheap... like 12 bags for a dollar at the dollar general... pretty sweet haha
Smoke signals ftw!
AussiePam

I use to HATE

Post by AussiePam »

And they taste okay too. And fill you up. What more can one ask. Grin.

Omni_Skittles

I use to HATE

Post by Omni_Skittles »

AussiePam;1102959 wrote: And they taste okay too. And fill you up. What more can one ask. Grin.SERIOUSLY... I Thank sweet baby Jesus for Ramen Noodles!
Smoke signals ftw!
Odie

I use to HATE

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1102716 wrote: When i was a kid i hated spinage and olives. Now i love them. how about you?? What was YUCKY to you??:p

mmmmmmmmmmm love the Italian olives, soaked in oil!

all of our cats go nuts over the juice of the ones in the jars, they would eat it until their hearts were content if I let them!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Bez

I use to HATE

Post by Bez »

Butter beans

Gooseberries

Still can't stomach them
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
AussiePam

I use to HATE

Post by AussiePam »

Gooseberrries can be a bit tart. Yeah, but in a pie... ahhhhh.. And butter beans... delicious. As fer asparagus - what an incredible invention. Lightly steamed green ones, with butter and a dash of parmesan. Fat white asparagus with hollandaise sauce. SWOOOOOOOON.

I hate the idea of tripe. Haven't ever tried it, but then I did once eat haggis :thinking:

Used not to like really oily fishy type fish, but can happily scoff that now too.

Am I a foodaholic?

Should I seek therapy?

:sneaky:

qsducks

I use to HATE

Post by qsducks »

Omni_Skittles;1102962 wrote: SERIOUSLY... I Thank sweet baby Jesus for Ramen Noodles!

I just bought 12 bags of Ramen Noodles. Chick flavor.:-4
qsducks

I use to HATE

Post by qsducks »

AussiePam;1103388 wrote: Gooseberrries can be a bit tart. Yeah, but in a pie... ahhhhh.. And butter beans... delicious. As fer asparagus - what an incredible invention. Lightly steamed green ones, with butter and a dash of parmesan. Fat white asparagus with hollandaise sauce. SWOOOOOOOON.

I hate the idea of tripe. Haven't ever tried it, but then I did once eat haggis :thinking:

Used not to like really oily fishy type fish, but can happily scoff that now too.

Am I a foodaholic?

Should I seek therapy?

:sneaky:

Sit in my grocery cart and we'll talk:sneaky:
AussiePam

I use to HATE

Post by AussiePam »

Yoghurt. I nnnneeeeeeeed yoghurt. The thick Greek kind, maybe with a dash of honey... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... BLISSS

along-for-the-ride

I use to HATE

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I remember the first time I ate a Frito's corn chip when I was a kid. Yuch! I do like them once in awhile now. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “The Kitchen”