Pre prepared breakfast ideas

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Flora

Post by Flora »

I am having some very helpful people on Saturday. They are helping me out with my photo shoot for my new website. Exciting! I am putting on breakfast for them and I want to have food that can be prepared beforehand and served at room temperature. It's Summer here and I won't have time for cooking much on the morning.

So far, I am thinking: fruit salad, and yogurt with honey, and I will make mini fritatas in muffin tins, and serve at room temperature. Any other ideas?
"How people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours."
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

What you are serving sounds lovely.:) What beverages are you serving?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Post by Odie »

watermelon is good anytime when its hot

and/ or any melons
Life is just to short for drama.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Egg and cheese souffle called "Pouf"

You can make this the night before or at least an hour before and let sit in fridge.....

You can also add wheat bread combined with a good white bread to add more flavor & different cheeses. I have also experimented with adding more eggs & cheese...

I like to beat the eggs and milk with salt, pepper and mustard first. Then I layer cheese & bread in a 2 qt casserole dish . This recipe also works if you make it the day before and cook it in the morning. Perfect to have it all prepared when you wake up! This recipe makes a nice addition for a brunch, perhaps served with bacon or sasuage.

Ingredients:

8 slices white bread --no crusts

1 8 oz cheese slices (american english)

1/4 cup melted butter

3 eggs beaten

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

3/4 tsp dry mustard

2 cups milk

Method:

Beat the eggs and milk with salt, pepper and mustard. Layer bread and cheese in a 2 qt casserole dish and pour the egg mixture over.

Bake in a 350 F degree oven for 30 minutes covered with foil. After that period, remove the foil and cook for another 30 minutes uncovered.

Update: I used both whole-grain white & whole wheat bread,cheddar cheese & I increased the temperature to 375F for the last 30 minutes.
Odie

Post by Odie »

crossants and jars of jam.

danishes

muffins

assorted cheeses
Life is just to short for drama.
Flora

Post by Flora »

along-for-the-ride;1073584 wrote: What you are serving sounds lovely.:) What beverages are you serving?

I will have coffee, green tea, camomile tea, some sort of juice, and some bubbles for my dear friends who are going to be models and may need to loosen up!

Kathy Ellen;1073593 wrote: Egg and cheese souffle called "Pouf"

You can make this the night before or at least an hour before and let sit in fridge.....

Kathy Ellen, that recipe sounds really tasty!

Thanks for good ideas, everyone!
"How people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours."

Return to “The Kitchen”