Potato Soup

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Peg

Potato Soup

Post by Peg »

Everyone that I know, makes potato soup different ways. This one is my favorite so far.

Potato Soup

Peel and cut potatoes into bite sized pieces, add onion, celery, and carrots. Boil until the potatoes are cooked thoroughly, but not mushy. Drain half of the water. Add 3 slices of cooked bacon, and a teaspoon of the grease, and salt and pepper. Add milk to cover. I use either cornstarch or instant potoes to thicken it.

I also know a guy who boils his potatoes in chicken broth. It's pretty good too.
Chezzie

Potato Soup

Post by Chezzie »

I love potato and Leek:-4

I have a food flask and have been taking soup every day for my lunch. Im gonna make this tomorrow for Tuesday's lunch, ta Peg:-6
along-for-the-ride

Potato Soup

Post by along-for-the-ride »

:) I have used the same ingredients along with catfish fillets to make catfish stew.

Good camping food.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Peg

Potato Soup

Post by Peg »

My MIL uses a stick of butter in her potato soup and no bacon. I like mine better.
southern yankee

Potato Soup

Post by southern yankee »

hoping someone may be able to answer this. My ex-mother-in law. made the BEST potato dumplings with Pork roast. Does anyone have a recipe for that.:)
Odie

Potato Soup

Post by Odie »

Peg;1067248 wrote: Everyone that I know, makes potato soup different ways. This one is my favorite so far.

Potato Soup

Peel and cut potatoes into bite sized pieces, add onion, celery, and carrots. Boil until the potatoes are cooked thoroughly, but not mushy. Drain half of the water. Add 3 slices of cooked bacon, and a teaspoon of the grease, and salt and pepper. Add milk to cover. I use either cornstarch or instant potoes to thicken it.

I also know a guy who boils his potatoes in chicken broth. It's pretty good too.

ohhhhhhhhhh thank you Peg.....must make this one!:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
sunny104

Potato Soup

Post by sunny104 »

I've never made my own. :o
qsducks

Potato Soup

Post by qsducks »

Peg, is that made with Red Bliss or regular baking potatoes?
Chezzie

Potato Soup

Post by Chezzie »

I made my soup today, didnt stick to your recipe Peg as I didnt have all the ingredients so I just did what I had.

Potato, Suede, parsnip and carrot, diced small and cooked through. Fried some Streaky bacon in butter and added it to pan once id drained off some water, then I just chucked in the blender and added milk till the right consistency. Back on the stove I added seasoning's, such as celery salt, pepper and salt. Yum

Thanks Peg, sorted my dinner out in work for the next three days:-6
Nomad

Potato Soup

Post by Nomad »

Peg;1067248 wrote: Everyone that I know, makes potato soup different ways. This one is my favorite so far.

Potato Soup

Yea baby !

A little grated cheddar on top ok ?
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “The Kitchen”