Grillin and Chillin

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Kathy Ellen

Grillin and Chillin

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I deleted this thread and think I will bring it up again.

I love to cook hot and spicy food and adore eating grilled food. My problem is that I am NOT an advenerous eater and tend to cook the same old...same old:thinking:

I bought a new, little grill at the end of last summer and haven't even used it much yet. :) It's not even a year old, and I covered it well for the winter....The salt sea air is a killer here for rusting items. Oh well, guess I'll get busy cleaning it up:wah:

Could anyone share some of their grilling techniques and recipes with me so I can WOW my friends and rellys when they visit?? You cook it and they'll eat it...think they mostly love shellfish, veggies, burgers, steaks, hotdogs and pasta:-6 I'm really helpless when it comes to grilling :(

Thanks so much,

Kathy Ellen
along-for-the-ride

Grillin and Chillin

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Nice grill, Kathy. We are just like you and barbeque plain old hamburgers and chicken. But I do hear that some meats taste great marinated beforehand. And you can grill corn and other vegetables. Like a shish-ka-bob.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Kathy Ellen

Grillin and Chillin

Post by Kathy Ellen »

along-for-the-ride;889951 wrote: Nice grill, Kathy. We are just like you and barbeque plain old hamburgers and chicken. But I do hear that some meats taste great marinated beforehand. And you can grill corn and other vegetables. Like a shish-ka-bob.

Hello Along:-4

Great to see you...we have to go on a road trip soon. They had a big special on Jeckle Island the other night. Everytime I try to visit the Sea Isles there's a hurricane and I end up taking the auto train home from Florida instead of driving. One day.....

I really want to become a better griller. Usually the guys cook the meat and I make all else in the kitchen. It's actually a good way to get time off from cooking:wah: I grilled some fresh corn and veggies the other day...success.
Kathy Ellen

Grillin and Chillin

Post by Kathy Ellen »

No grillin and chillin for me tonight....thought I could beat the storm, but it's here now....Spent forever marinating chicken to practice my grilling techniques....oh well....maybe on Tuesday. Will log off soon if I see any bolts:-5
qsducks

Grillin and Chillin

Post by qsducks »

We did steamers last night in an aluminan pan. Threw the steamers into the pan and covered with foil and cooked on high on the bottom rack. You do have to check it often, as they open quickly and make sure they all open. Yummy. Laura jsut came up from WWood for a couple of days and was thrilled with her steamers.:-4 and then we both stuffed ourselves with crab legs:wah:

Return to “The Kitchen”