Chezzie

Hershey's

Post by Chezzie »

I just had a reese's Nutrageous bar

Wow it was bloomin lovely:-6
Dweedle Dee

Hershey's

Post by Dweedle Dee »

Did you know that they 'test' on animals?

www . care2.com/news/member/661371542/491707
littlemissgiggle

Hershey's

Post by littlemissgiggle »

i had my first time in America in march and had the peanut butter cups,

they were yummy. :p

I wonder if they sell them over here, i think i will find out. :D
Chezzie

Hershey's

Post by Chezzie »

Dweedle Dee;862357 wrote: Did you know that they 'test' on animals?

www . care2.com/news/member/661371542/491707

oh poo

My first and last then:(

Thanks dweeds:thinking:
Dweedle Dee

Hershey's

Post by Dweedle Dee »

I know! Why would a chocolate company test on animals? It boggles the mind.
Chezzie

Hershey's

Post by Chezzie »

Dweedle Dee;862417 wrote: I know! Why would a chocolate company test on animals? It boggles the mind.

Im just wondering about the delicious nuts now:lips:
Dweedle Dee

Hershey's

Post by Dweedle Dee »

Chezzie;862419 wrote: Im just wondering about the delicious nuts now:lips:

That thought never leaves my mind.

Oh wait! Are we still talking about Hersheys?
Chezzie

Hershey's

Post by Chezzie »

Dweedle Dee;862424 wrote: That thought never leaves my mind.

Oh wait! Are we still talking about Hersheys?

betty swallocks:lips:
littlemissgiggle

Hershey's

Post by littlemissgiggle »

Chezzie;862427 wrote: betty swallocks:lips:

:wah: Chezzie what have you got on your mind,

Glad you told us that Dweedle,

I love the name by the way :D
Chezzie

Hershey's

Post by Chezzie »

It may be on my mind giggs but practice makes perfect lol:wah:
qsducks

Hershey's

Post by qsducks »

Chezzie;862759 wrote: It may be on my mind giggs but practice makes perfect lol:wah:

I for one love the Reeses Pieces. And then of course, my ultimate fave is the Heath Bar.:-4
sunny104

Hershey's

Post by sunny104 »

I love Hershey's! :D

and they don't test on animals according to PETA... :-3

For Immediate Release:

January 3, 2008

Kathy Guillermo 757-622-7382

Hershey, Pa. - Those Hershey's bars and Kisses that have been fixtures in chocolate lovers' lunch pails, pantries, and desk drawers for longer than anyone can remember just got a little sweeter. That's because John C. Long, vice president of corporate social responsibility for chocolate icon The Hershey Company, has signed PETA's statement of assurance pledging that the company will not test its products or ingredients on animals. In recognition of Hershey's pledge never to harm animals in experiments, PETA is honoring the company with a certificate of appreciation.

PETA is particularly appreciative of Hershey's commitment not to test on animals because rival candymaker Mars continues to torment and kill animals in cruel and unnecessary tests. PETA recently asked its more than 1.8 million members and supporters to boycott all Mars candy products. In addition, PETA has launched a Web site (www.MarsCandyKills.com) to alert consumers to the company's cruel testing practices.

Mars is currently funding an experiment at University of California, San Francisco, that involves force-feeding rats by shoving plastic tubes down their throats. The animals are then cut open and killed. In the past, Mars has funded experiments that involved forcing mice to swim in a pool of water and paint and find a hidden platform in an effort to avoid drowning, only to be killed later on; surgically attaching plastic tubes to guinea pigs' carotid arteries and injecting cocoa into their jugular veins; and cutting out the primary blood vessels in rabbits' hearts. None of these experiments is required by law.

"Mars would be wise to follow Hershey's compassionate lead," says PETA Vice President Bruce Friedrich. "Hershey's humane program of non-animal research is an excellent model that the rest of the confectionary industry should emulate."

PETA has already persuaded other major companies--including Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, Welch's, Ocean Spray, and POM--to end animal experiments and has shown its commitment to modern, humane research by donating $760,000 to the development of sophisticated non-animal testing methods.

For more information about PETA's public campaign against Mars, please visit MarsCandyKills.com.
Chezzie

Hershey's

Post by Chezzie »

sunny104;869485 wrote: I love Hershey's! :D

and they don't test on animals according to PETA... :-3

For Immediate Release:

January 3, 2008

Kathy Guillermo 757-622-7382

Hershey, Pa. - Those Hershey's bars and Kisses that have been fixtures in chocolate lovers' lunch pails, pantries, and desk drawers for longer than anyone can remember just got a little sweeter. That's because John C. Long, vice president of corporate social responsibility for chocolate icon The Hershey Company, has signed PETA's statement of assurance pledging that the company will not test its products or ingredients on animals. In recognition of Hershey's pledge never to harm animals in experiments, PETA is honoring the company with a certificate of appreciation.

PETA is particularly appreciative of Hershey's commitment not to test on animals because rival candymaker Mars continues to torment and kill animals in cruel and unnecessary tests. PETA recently asked its more than 1.8 million members and supporters to boycott all Mars candy products. In addition, PETA has launched a Web site (www.MarsCandyKills.com) to alert consumers to the company's cruel testing practices.

Mars is currently funding an experiment at University of California, San Francisco, that involves force-feeding rats by shoving plastic tubes down their throats. The animals are then cut open and killed. In the past, Mars has funded experiments that involved forcing mice to swim in a pool of water and paint and find a hidden platform in an effort to avoid drowning, only to be killed later on; surgically attaching plastic tubes to guinea pigs' carotid arteries and injecting cocoa into their jugular veins; and cutting out the primary blood vessels in rabbits' hearts. None of these experiments is required by law.

"Mars would be wise to follow Hershey's compassionate lead," says PETA Vice President Bruce Friedrich. "Hershey's humane program of non-animal research is an excellent model that the rest of the confectionary industry should emulate."

PETA has already persuaded other major companies--including Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, Welch's, Ocean Spray, and POM--to end animal experiments and has shown its commitment to modern, humane research by donating $760,000 to the development of sophisticated non-animal testing methods.

For more information about PETA's public campaign against Mars, please visit MarsCandyKills.com.

Sunny......I love you :-4:wah::wah:

Hersheys are back on the menu
observer1

Hershey's

Post by observer1 »

Oh lord! I live where those are made & NEVER heard that they test on animals. You can find & post ANYTHING to make people believe things.
Richard Bell

Hershey's

Post by Richard Bell »

Chezzie;869787 wrote:

Hersheys are back on the menu

Not for me.

They are shutting down their factory in Smiths Falls, Ontario, a town of about 9,000 near Ottawa, and transferring production to Mexico.

They employ about 400 people there, so it's really going to hurt the local economy, and create a lot of hardship for a lot of families.
Chezzie

Hershey's

Post by Chezzie »

Richard Bell;877663 wrote: Not for me.

They are shutting down their factory in Smiths Falls, Ontario, a town of about 9,000 near Ottawa, and transferring production to Mexico.

They employ about 400 people there, so it's really going to hurt the local economy, and create a lot of hardship for a lot of families.

Well as its an american brand we dont have it in abundance in my area like we do cadbury's or Galaxy and Nestle but the local shops all stock a few brands of hersheys, I hope that will continue. :-6
abbey

Hershey's

Post by abbey »

I brought my mum a big bag of Hershy Kisses back from Dubai and she says they are lovely.

They do sell the peanut butter cups in Morrisons but I've never tried them.
observer1

Hershey's

Post by observer1 »

Richard Bell;877663 wrote: Not for me.

Now THAT one I KNOW is true! I live in Hershey & they've already laid off many, many people to transfer the jobs to Mexico. It's terrible for our economy too. And what do you call a town named for it's famous candymaker when all the candy's made elsewhere??
qsducks

Hershey's

Post by qsducks »

observer1;880082 wrote: Now THAT one I KNOW is true! I live in Hershey & they've already laid off many, many people to transfer the jobs to Mexico. It's terrible for our economy too. And what do you call a town named for it's famous candymaker when all the candy's made elsewhere??

Milton Hershey is rolling over in his grave!:mad:
Cow Patty

Hershey's

Post by Cow Patty »

:wah:Had to post this one.

observer1

Hershey's

Post by observer1 »

It'd be more accurate wearing a poncho & a sombrero! :-5

Return to “The Kitchen”