I thought I would share a few of my recipes with you all

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

I can't stop eating these when I make them so it is double and triple batches for me!!!

If there were stars for a recipe say 1 to 5 these would be 5 plus

Sweet Bun

ingredients:

400 gr bread flour (high in protein flour)

100 gr cake flour

100 gr sugar

1 tsp bread improver

1 tsp fine salt

3 tbs sweet condensed milk

4 yolks

100 gr butter

starter:

250 ml lukewarm fresh milk

1 tbs sugar (take from 100 gr sugar from ingredients list above)

11 gr instant yeast

Methods:

make starter first by mix sugar in a lukewarm milk and add yeast, rest about 10 minute until it frosty.

Place flours, sugar, salt and bread improver in a bowl and lightly mix. Add the rest of the ingredients including starter/milk mixture and knead for about 10-15 minutes until the dough gets smooth and shiny (you can use the kitchenaid or heavy duty food processor). The dough should be sticky and wet, leave the dough in the bowl and cover with plastic cling wrap, rest in a warm draught-free place for about an hour and a half (or until it doubles in size).

Punch down dough and place on a lightly floured surface. It is now ready to form into buns. To make same size buns, roll dough into sausage and cut into small dough and scale to 30-50 grm each. Stuff them with filling and shape into ball. Put buns 5 cm apart in the lightly oiled tin.

Let rise until doubled in size, 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Beat egg yolk with milk and a bit of salt, brush over buns. Bake 20 minutes.
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

A few weeks ago I made this and since then have made it a weekly thing different fruit but same idea, and really yummie!!!

This is my new reciepe tried tonight I call it!!!

Strawberry and Banana Crumble Delight!!!

Take a caserole dish dump enough strawberries frozen to cover bottom, then sprinkle with white sugar not much... take flour and brown sugar and melted butter till crumbly spread overtop and toss in oven at 350 for 30 minutes cool completely take banana pudding spread over top and then top with whipped cream and chill deliicous!!!

I am very much one that tries different stuff, with this recipe I could also taste it with chocolate fudge pudding or pistachio pudding or butterscotch pudding!!!
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

This is a nice recipe to keep on hand if unexpected company arrives it only needs basic ingreds and is easy and you can not mess it up lol!!! Even if you think you can't cook lol!!!

Impossible Pie

4 eggs 2 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup butter 2 cups milk

1/2 cup flour 1 cup coconut

1 cup sugar nutmeg or cinnamon to taste

Mix all throughly pour into 10 inch pie plat bake 350 1 hour

The flour sets to form a crust quick and cheap to make can do it in a square pan and have bars
moonpie

Post by moonpie »

gabbie;813965 wrote: This is a nice recipe to keep on hand if unexpected company arrives it only needs basic ingreds and is easy and you can not mess it up lol!!! Even if you think you can't cook lol!!!

Impossible Pie

4 eggs 2 tsp vanilla

The flour sets to form a crust quick and cheap to make can do it in a square pan and have bars

That sounds great, I never make pies, cause I don't make pastry crust. I will have to give this a try. Thanks.
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

You will not regret it very easy to make and so good I sometimes put a carmel sauce on top of it with a dab of whip topping!!!:-6:-6

I have a couple of recipes for pat a crust for those days when my hands don't work lol!!!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

gabbie;813965 wrote: This is a nice recipe to keep on hand if unexpected company arrives it only needs basic ingreds and is easy and you can not mess it up lol!!! Even if you think you can't cook lol!!!

Impossible Pie

4 eggs 2 tsp vanilla

Now, that's a great recipe for me Gabbie.....I'm used to a gas stove and my new one is an electric....I alsways burn things:confused: Can't bake on this oven:-5
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Oh gawd:( there goes the diet:-5;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

Kathy Ellen;814019 wrote: Now, that's a great recipe for me Gabbie.....I'm used to a gas stove and my new one is an electric....I alsways burn things:confused: Can't bake on this oven:-5

I have cooked with both a wood and gas and propane and electric stove, I found that with gas and propane that your oven should be about 5 degrees lower, with the impossible pie as long as you can take a toothpick and prick the centre and it comes clean it is done it should be a little golden but it is the type of pie that one could do in a square pan and cut as squares.... enjoy oh and I just thought of another good one you would love as long as you like coconut and pineapple it is also diebetic....lol:-5:-5:-6:-6
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

This is scrumpsiously good lol I make up my own words too!!!:guitarist:guitarist

Pina Colada Squares!!!

1 cup flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 cup butter

1 egg, separeted

1/4 cup milk 2%

1 can 14 ounce crushed pineapple

2 tbsp cornstarch

2 tsp rum extract ( can use real rum too lol)

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp cream of tartar

1 tbsp sugar

1 cup shredded coconut

Each group represents a layer. Mix first layer till crumbly. Can be divided as too thick, more like a cookie base if not or better yet, do in a larger dish and double the rest!!! Don't worry it won't go to waste!!!

Combine next layer and cook over heat until thick. Pour on the first layer....

Sprinkle the coconut on top. Mixe egg white and cream of tartar til frothy. Smooth over top. Bake until brown about 30 minutes!!!

Enjoy, the first week I made this to sell at the farmers market, I gave tiny pieces, the following week I had an order for 12 and sold 25 within the month I was selling 50 to 75 a week they also freeze very well!!!:-4:-4
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Gabbie, I propose that you bring this to the the Pub on Sunday. Please..........
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

great recipes, thanks for sharing:-6
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

You are welcome, I love baking and cooking, I have over 100 cookbooks, three that I made of my own recipes and at one time had my own bake shop!! I got interested in cooking years ago and then when friends were sick started trying to find stuff they would enjoy.... naturally almost everyone loves sweet stuff but it isn't always the best for us, so I have changed recipes over the years to get some healthy benefits, a few less calories and a bigger pow in the mouth in taste!!!:driving::driving:;););)

Like the no bake chocolate cookies, loved by one and all, calorie wise these may not be but better than chips and they do have fruit lol!!!!:-3

2 1/2 squares melted chocolate 1/2 cup margarine (try peanut butter instead!)

2 cups white sugar 1/2 cup milk

cook stirring constantly till boiling, I also throw in raisins and a handful of marshmallows when the marshmallows are melted it is ready!!!

1/2 cup coconut 1 cup of oats and 1 cup of raisin bran cereal

1/2 cup walnuts (instead I throw in dried fruit could be mixed, chopped in small pieces no bigger than raisins, and you could also throw in some miniture marshmallows)

Mix and then drop on wax paper, when cooled put in covered container and place in fridge or toss in a sandwich or freezer bag and freeze!!!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Darn it, I would have loved those cookies for my birthday which was a month ago!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Gabby, do you have any recipes for easy to make/bake strawberry shortcakes?
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

Strawberry Shortcake this is an old recipe, I will follow with two other choices maybe three ah strawberries and with all the sunshine we are getting it makes one want to pig out on those lushicous berries.... One thing though most of the time I add a bit of Rhubarb to the recipe gives a bit of a tart taste I like tart lol!!!:driving::driving::-4:-4

Strawberry Shortcake!!

4 eggs separated

1 tsp cream of tartar

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup white sugar

3 tbsp cold water

1/2 tsp lemon extract

3/4 cup cake flour

Beat egg whites till foamy add cream of tartar and salt beat till stiff add sugar gradually.. beat egg yolks with 1/4 white sugar until lemon coloured add water lemon extract and flour beat at low speed fold in egg whipped whites..

Scrape into small ungreased tube pan bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes... Turn upside down to cool.....meanwhile grind strawberries in blender with a touch of sugar cut cake into 12 wedges and serve with strawberry topping and whipped topping to top it off!!!
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

Temptation Puffs!!! Oh forget the waistline ladies it has disappeared as much as these quickly dissappear!!!:wah::wah::wah::-5:-5:-4

Puffs

1 cup water

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 cup butter

1 cup flour

4 eggs

put water, salt and butter in heavy saucepan, bring to boil, add the flour all at once stir with wooden spoon until dough leaves side of pan and forms ball, remove from heat and cool 2 minutes!!!

add eggs one at time beating well, after all added drop by tsp onto greased cookie sheet could drop in muffin pans but I like the look!!! Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. turn oven down to 350 bake for 30 to 40 minutes better to bake a little longer to make sure they do not collapse when taken from oven!!!

remove and prick the top to allow steam to escape and cool on wire rack while filling is made

Filling

1/2 cup whipping cream

2 tbsp sugar

8 oz cream cheese at room temperature ( take out before you start)

1 tbsp cream or evaportated milk

3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries

whip cream and sugar until soft peaks, in seperate bowl beat cream cheese and cream add whipped cream at serving time reserve a little topping and then toss in strawberries...

cut top off puffs and fill place top back on and a dob of whipped topping!! could drizzle with chocolate or carmel sauce!!!!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Thanks Gabbie and oh, Happy Birthday. Do you make your own cake?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Okay, I don't eat sweets. So what I need is a better way to cook a hotdog. Now that would make my day..:wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Wisey, try a grill, does wonders for a hotdog:wah: Do you like cheese and mustard on that hotdog?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

qsducks;845139 wrote: Wisey, try a grill, does wonders for a hotdog:wah: Do you like cheese and mustard on that hotdog?
I thought you were going to tell me to skin my dogs before I grill them..:D
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Yo, this isn't China ya know:wah:
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

YZGI;844159 wrote: Okay, I don't eat sweets. So what I need is a better way to cook a hotdog. Now that would make my day..:wah:

I cannot resist a challenge I love hot dogs but I love bacon, pineapple and cheddar cheese on mine.... if you barbeque your dog (weiner) shoot either way I say that it does not sound right....:-6:-6

Anyway cook your dog, toss it in a bun and toss some crispy bacon or ham, and pineapple on top then cover with cheddar or your favourite cheese micro-wave it till cheese is melted enjoy!!!:-4:-4:-4
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

Shoot here are a few other ways to do up your dog lol:driving::driving:

1. chili or baked beans, ham pieces and cheddar cheese...

2. marshmallow and cheddar cheese....

3. diced veggies, sour cream and cheddar cheese....

4. peanut butter and cheddar cheese....

Remember you can melt all of these but if you plan to do so the one with sour cream put it on after you melt the cheese lol!!!:-5:-5
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

gabbie;846268 wrote: Shoot here are a few other ways to do up your dog lol:driving::driving:

1. chili or baked beans, ham pieces and cheddar cheese...

2. marshmallow and cheddar cheese....

3. diced veggies, sour cream and cheddar cheese....

4. peanut butter and cheddar cheese....

Remember you can melt all of these but if you plan to do so the one with sour cream put it on after you melt the cheese lol!!!:-5:-5

They all sound great...But... Tell me you did not suggest peanut butter on a hot dog.. Oh and you kept forgetting the jalapeños..:D:wah:
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

They all sound great...But... Tell me you did not suggest peanut butter on a hot dog.. Oh and you kept forgetting the jalapeños..

Oh my please don't tell me you never had the delicious joy of a peanut butter and dill pickle or if you so wanted sweet pickle and cheese whiz sandwich!!!:-5:-5:-4 They are sooooooo good!!! And if no pickles relish worked if you were in such a pickle to not have any pickles in the house!!!

Also you could take your wiener (dog) and cut in small circles and place in that sandwich and grill it much like a grilled cheese sandwich!!!:-4:-6

Hot peppers yes I have heard of that too and one friend loved spanish onions on the sandwich too!!!

I also love dogs without the bun and applesauce!!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Umm, I just like my dog grilled with cheese on a bun. Not very adventurous in the hotdog department.:wah:
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

There are many things you can do with hot dogs, here are some more simple and quick supper or is it dinner or lunch!!!:driving::driving:

1. slice weiners, add to fry pan of sliced ionions and mushrooms and green and red peppers..... great on rice or mixed in with noodles and cheap and filling!!!

2. make spaggetti sauce and add some onions, peppers and weiners sliced, mix in your favourite pasta!!!

3. take weiners and place in pan, mix brown sugar and lemon juice and orange juice... cover and bake!!!:-4:-4:-4:-4
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

This is another fast recipe I have been doing for years and years!!!

Leftover Caserole!!!

weiners, hamburg, sausage just one of each chop and mix in this sauce, also great with chicken, turkey, roast beef, roast pork!!!

1/4 cup juice any type (tomato, apple, orange, grapefruit-----make sure if people are on meds that grapefruit does not react to it!!!)

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup crushed pineapple

2 tbsp corn syrup or maple syrup or the cheap syrup even fruit syrups for pancakes

1 tsp lemon juice

mix.... pour over leftover food could toss in potatoes and carrots too, play with it add onions, and toss together and bake for an hour at 325 if you don't have potatoes toss on rice after cooked or cook rice and mix and bake!!!:-4:-4:-4:-4:-4
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

The only thing we do with leftover hotdogs is my daughter takes them for fishing:D
gabbie

Post by gabbie »

The only thing we do with leftover hotdogs is my daughter takes them for fishing

Well now you have something else to do with them, wonder if left over spaggetti would work for fishing:D:D:D:D:D:D
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Maybe rigatoni, uncooked:wah:
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

qsducks;846921 wrote: Umm, I just like my dog grilled with cheese on a bun. Not very adventurous in the hotdog department.:wah:

Have you tried putting them in an ovenproof dish, pouring batter mix over them and baking them until cooked?
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Sounds like corn dogs to me Bryn Mawr. Of course without the stick.:)
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Enough with the Hot dogs. lets move on to Spam..:D
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

qsducks;850692 wrote: Sounds like corn dogs to me Bryn Mawr. Of course without the stick.:)

We call it Toad in the Hole :-)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Well fattening just the same right?:D
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

qsducks;851066 wrote: Well fattening just the same right?:D

True, but it soaks up the gravy just perfectly.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

What kind of batter do you use Bryn? You'll have to post the recipe here.:)
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

qsducks;851614 wrote: What kind of batter do you use Bryn? You'll have to post the recipe here.:)

As Delia has been much in the news recently, try :-

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/toad ... 30,RC.html
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Hmmm, wonder if I can get my picky kids to eat this concoction:D?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

qsducks;852056 wrote: Hmmm, wonder if I can get my picky kids to eat this concoction:D?

G'wan - you'll never know 'til you try it :-)

Truly, it is delish. If they don't like sausages you can serve the batter (Yorkshire Pudding) doused with blackberry vinegar as a desert or with roast beef and horseradish sauce in place of the roast potatoes.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

:)So it's a versatile dish?

Return to “The Kitchen”