In a moment of madness .......

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

I invited my neighbours over for Easter dinner :-5 ......... H - E - L - P ........

They are both excellent cooks, and usually lay on a great spread ... what was I thinking :-5

Can you help me come up with a great dinner that a terrible cook can achieve :yh_nailbi:yh_nailbi:yh_nailbi
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Have you thought about asking them for a little help. Maybe see if they can help you out with some appetizers or dessert? You can buy a honey baked ham as it already cooked and all you need to do is just heat it up in the oven. Just put it in a pyrex dish, add some water and make sure you put aluminum foil around it and heat at 350 for about 20 min or so. Do you have the store called "Honey Baked Ham" near you? They can help you out.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Do you invite them to impress or to enjoy their company on Easter?

Are they more than just neighbors..........are they friends too?

You can prepare the ham and make some potato salad. One neighbor can bring dessert.........one can bring a veggie. You supply drinks,ice, bread or rolls, and cups, plate, etc. Get with them asap and make plans. How many folks will be there?

For tableclothes and napkins.........think pastels.

Centerpiece..............fix up a pretty Easter Basket.

I hope these suggestions help.:)

Have a Happy Easter.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
guppy

Post by guppy »

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm K.F.C.:D
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Well, don't know if it'll help, but here's a suggestion for a starter - you can buy these ready made, but they are easy to make oneself:

Smoked salmon, cream cheese and chives. Chop the chives finely and mix with the cream cheese. Slice the salmon into strips approx 1" x 3" and wrap round dollops of the cream cheese mix, making sure that the salmon sticks to the salmon. You end up with something about 1" high and about the same diameter, they're gorgeous and you don't have to cook a thing. Serve with slices of fresh lemon and buttered brown or granary bread.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

along-for-the-ride;810509 wrote: Do you invite them to impress or to enjoy their company on Easter?

Are they more than just neighbors..........are they friends too?

You can prepare the ham and make some potato salad. One neighbor can bring dessert.........one can bring a veggie. You supply drinks,ice, bread or rolls, and cups, plate, etc. Get with them asap and make plans. How many folks will be there?

For tableclothes and napkins.........think pastels.

Centerpiece..............fix up a pretty Easter Basket.

I hope these suggestions help.:)

Have a Happy Easter.

They are good friends of ours and we enjoy each others company. In the summer they usually hang out at our house .... I can do good BBQ stuff. :D

Its just the impressive spread I struggle with.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

guppy;810511 wrote: ummmmmmmmmmmmmm K.F.C.:D

You joke Gupps .... seriously I might just do it. :D
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

Clodhopper;810513 wrote: Well, don't know if it'll help, but here's a suggestion for a starter - you can buy these ready made, but they are easy to make oneself:

Smoked salmon, cream cheese and chives. Chop the chives finely and mix with the cream cheese. Slice the salmon into strips approx 1" x 3" and wrap round dollops of the cream cheese mix, making sure that the salmon sticks to the salmon. You end up with something about 1" high and about the same diameter, they're gorgeous and you don't have to cook a thing. Serve with slices of fresh lemon and buttered brown or granary bread.

Thanks Hopper, thats sounds tasty and impressive. I will add it to my list of possibles ..... oh its the only one on the list :o :wah:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Well on occasion I have been know to order the entire dinner from a good resturant and bring it home and put it in my dishes and no one knows the difference. :cool:

Also at the "Honey Baked Ham Store" you can order the entire Easter dinner for how many people you are serving pick it up and bingo dinner is served. You need to get your order in now as the Easter rush at the store can be daunting.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Return to “The Kitchen”