Wine

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
kazalala

Wine

Post by kazalala »

I have just bought six bottles of wine for £20 from Asda. They have a special offer on three for a tenner. The thing is some of the wines included in the offer normally sell at 7 and 8 quid a bottle!! and there a qute a lot of different wines to choose from in the offer. If you lke you can get 3 bottles of £8.00 wine for a tenner! So how come they can sell these wines so cheaply? It just goes to show sometimes maybe you dont get what you pay for:sneaky: I mean some people insist on paying for a good bottle of wine, they wouldnt dream of buying a £3.00 bottle of wine, but i dont think there can be much difference if they can afford to put them on offers like that:-2

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
chrisb84uk

Wine

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hmmm that does seem a little strange, though Asda do tend to do specials like that. Perhaps they just have a new batch of wines coming soon and want to get rid of the stock of older wines that they have to make way. Still sounds like a great offer though!
littlemissgiggle

Wine

Post by littlemissgiggle »

:D I normally buy the 3 bottles of Rose,

lovely tasting wine too.

:p
kazalala

Wine

Post by kazalala »

chrisb84uk;771597 wrote: Hmmm that does seem a little strange, though Asda do tend to do specials like that. Perhaps they just have a new batch of wines coming soon and want to get rid of the stock of older wines that they have to make way. Still sounds like a great offer though!

They have hadthis offer on for ages Chris........ hi by the way:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Wine

Post by kazalala »

littlemissgiggle;771599 wrote: :D I normally buy the 3 bottles of Rose,

lovely tasting wine too.

:p

Yes i got soem Pinot Grigio rose:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
chrisb84uk

Wine

Post by chrisb84uk »

kazalala;771612 wrote: They have hadthis offer on for ages Chris........ hi by the way:D

Hi to you too! :)

Oh well that takes my theory out the window then hahaha. Why don't you go ask a member of staff, and see what, if any, response they give you!? :sneaky: :p
kazalala

Wine

Post by kazalala »

chrisb84uk;771619 wrote: Hi to you too! :)

Oh well that takes my theory out the window then hahaha. Why don't you go ask a member of staff, and see what, if any, response they give you!? :sneaky: :p

Well i have my own theory:thinking: I think they overcharge in the first place as some people will pay it. some people think if its not expensive then it cant be good. i actually know someone like this:wah: She wouldnt dream of buying wine that only costs 3 quid, it couldnt possibly be as good as the 6 quid bottle:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Wine

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;771594 wrote: I have just bought six bottles of wine for £20 from Asda. They have a special offer on three for a tenner. The thing is some of the wines included in the offer normally sell at 7 and 8 quid a bottle!! and there a qute a lot of different wines to choose from in the offer. If you lke you can get 3 bottles of £8.00 wine for a tenner! So how come they can sell these wines so cheaply? It just goes to show sometimes maybe you dont get what you pay for:sneaky: I mean some people insist on paying for a good bottle of wine, they wouldnt dream of buying a £3.00 bottle of wine, but i dont think there can be much difference if they can afford to put them on offers like that
Ok come on baby....................how much they paying you for this plug:sneaky::thinking::rolleyes::wah::p
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

Wine

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;771634 wrote: Ok come on baby....................how much they paying you for this plug:sneaky

:wah::wah: actually when we went to pay some of them didnt go through on the offer price but full price. i insisted i had checked properly they were on offer and someone had to go check Of course i was right:wah: My hubby had bought one of those little sample bottles that are on offer too a Roija for a pound, anyway by the time they faffed on with it all to try get them through on offer price we ended up paying a pound less, so he got that free:D Yes i know one quid!!!!!!:wah: cheap at half the price:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
littlemissgiggle

Wine

Post by littlemissgiggle »

good going Kaz hun,

i think those little bottles are soo cute,

i fine not enough though :p

i love my rose wine,

my mum oftens buys the red wine they have ine the 3 for 10 pound bit,

i think were all alcholics in this house :wah:
kazalala

Wine

Post by kazalala »

littlemissgiggle;771646 wrote: good going Kaz hun,

i think those little bottles are soo cute,

i fine not enough though :p

i love my rose wine,

my mum oftens buys the red wine they have ine the 3 for 10 pound bit,

i think were all alcholics in this house :wah:

Thing is about those little bottles Giggly, they have them on offer for one pound so you can see if you like it and you also get a two pound off voucher so if you like it you get two pound off the big bottle you buy. BUT the big bottle may be seven quid, if you buy 3 of the little bottles thats the same as a normal size bottle and you get it for 3 quid!:wah::wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Wine

Post by spot »

kazalala;771652 wrote: Thing is about those little bottles Giggly, they have them on offer for one pound so you can see if you like it and you also get a two pound off voucher so if you like it you get two pound off the big bottle you buy. BUT the big bottle may be seven quid, if you buy 3 of the little bottles thats the same as a normal size bottle and you get it for 3 quid!:wah::wah:

and... you get another two vouchers... which gives you THREE vouchers... so you can buy a BIG BOTTLE for another quid which is three times as much as you got for a quid the first three times.

Kaz, are you sure about all this?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kazalala

Wine

Post by kazalala »

spot;771657 wrote: and... you get another two vouchers... which gives you THREE vouchers... so you can buy a BIG BOTTLE for another quid which is three times as much as you got for a quid the first three times.

Kaz, are you sure about all this?

Well i was at the shop and i bought them, and i got the voucher, and i know that three of those little bottles make up a normal size one:thinking: Yes im sure:D:wah:

But you can probably only use one voucher per bottle

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Wine

Post by Carolly »

Gawd elp us......its like alcoholics anonymous revisited in here:rolleyes::p;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Kathy Ellen

Wine

Post by Kathy Ellen »

They do overcharge for the wines Kaz. If you buy a bottle of wine with dinner they always double the price.

We have a wonderful gourmet shop in NJ called "Trader Joes." They sell all sorts of groceries from foreign countries and have tons of delish wines from all over the world for $3 to $4.

Let me pick out some nice vino for you from my cavernous wine cellar....be right back:-4

kazalala

Wine

Post by kazalala »

Kathy Ellen;771715 wrote: They do overcharge for the wines Kaz. If you buy a bottle of wine with dinner they always double the price.

We have a wonderful gourmet shop in NJ called "Trader Joes." They sell all sorts of groceries from foreign countries and have tons of delish wines from all over the world for $3 to $4.

Let me pick out some nice vino for you from my cavernous wine cellar....be right back:-4

Wow! just get me a comfy chair:sneaky::D:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Wine

Post by spot »

kazalala;772006 wrote: Wow! just get me a comfy chair:sneaky::D:wah:

You'd never last the evening. Someone bring her that thing from the other room so she can't fall off.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Carolly

Wine

Post by Carolly »

irlkazalala;772006 wrote: Wow! just get me a comfy chair:sneaky::DEre Kaz......great place to take yer pc girl:thinking:mind you aint far off what you have now there beside you is it mate:rolleyes:;):p
kazalala

Wine

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;772016 wrote: Ere Kaz......great place to take yer pc girl:thinking:mind you aint far off what you have now there beside you is it mate:rolleyes:;):p

why has my name got irl in front of it on your quote?:-3 you been drinking:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Wine

Post by kazalala »

spot;772012 wrote: You'd never last the evening. Someone bring her that thing from the other room so she can't fall off.

thats'l do nicely, now a little occasional table next to it please,;)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “The Kitchen”