Utah RealSaltis good stuff!

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Snooze's Bonneville Salt Flats reminded me of this salt I bought in Utah.

It's called RealSalt and comes from within about 200 miles of Salt Lake City.

It's good stuff both for eating and for cooking with and I recommend trying it. It's different from basic table salt in that it has a slight sweetness or rather it does not have the bitterness of table salt. You can try this by tasting a bit of the RealSalt first and then your regular salt. You'll be surprised how bitter your salt is.

I don't sell the stuff, I just wanted to pass it on to anyone who's interested. Every once in a while when I find something cool I like to share it with people. :)

You can read up on it or order RealSalt from here: http://www.realsalt.com/

spot

Post by spot »

RedGlitter;745608 wrote: It's called RealSalt and comes from within about 200 miles of Salt Lake City.

Let me get this right... All Natural Sea Salt? 200 miles from Salt Lake City? I need another session with an atlas, I'm completely adrift over that one.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

It's from an ancient sea, Spot. :) Here's what the website says about it:

Long before the earth knew pollutants of any kind, a huge, ancient sea covered what is now North America. Pure, natural salt was the main ingredient of this sea, and over millions of years, the water evaporated, leaving the salt in undisturbed deposits. At some point during the earth's Jurassic era, a range of volcanos erupted around the ancient sea bed, sealing the salt with layers of thick volcanic ash, protecting these precious deposits against the pollution that man would eventually introduce into the environment. Near the small town of Redmond, in central Utah, approximately 200 miles south of Salt Lake City, we extract this hand-selected salt from deep within the earth, and bring it to you in its pure, natural state-without any additives, chemicals, or heat processing. This is RealSalt, full of flavor and natural goodness-the way salt was meant to be savored!

The RealSalt® Difference

Compared to RealSalt brand salt, many sea salts appear stark white because they have undergone a harsh refining process. Unlike RealSalt, these salts are filled with silicates, dextrose, and other additives. By contrast, RealSalt is an all-natural, kosher-certified sea salt extracted from deep within the earth, crushed, screened, and packaged. RealSalt's unique flecks of color are the result of more than 50 natural trace minerals essential to human health (including natural iodine!). Experience the goodness of RealSalt!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

So the salt theyre selling is what...like a million yrs old ?

Give me the fresh stuff.
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Post by spot »

The last pack of sea salt I bought had a use by date around two years away, I can't imagine they'd really sell dried out swamp water from the Myocene.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Seriously it's quite good and I'm not dead yet. :)

Return to “The Kitchen”