Potatoes.

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
Galbally

Potatoes.

Post by Galbally »

I love fried potatos with home-made sausages and onions, lovely! And mashed with butter and pepper, of course being Irish I know lots of potato recipes. I can tell ya that no one here eats instant potatos, we do have a brand of them in the shops "smash" i think its called, its bloody horrible! :D
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
guppy

Potatoes.

Post by guppy »

i slice them up in french fry length..put them in a pan..dot with butter..and garlic and salt..cover with tinfoil and bake in oven at four hundred till done..they are yummy
Sheryl

Potatoes.

Post by Sheryl »

If you are stuck making instant potatoes at half a block of cream cheese. I know sounds wierd, but makes them taste more real. :-3
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Peg

Potatoes.

Post by Peg »

Potatoes are my favorite food. I like them no matter how they are prepared. We usually have real mashed potatoes, but I always have Idaho Spuds brand instant on hand for when I'm in a hurry.
spot

Potatoes.

Post by spot »

The Swiss have an exciting variation of grated potato with cheese called rosti. It's well worth the small extra effort of preparation.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chezzie

Potatoes.

Post by Chezzie »

oh I love rosti's

they are nice if you use them as a base then add a fillet steak and caramelised onions and mushrooms and a dollop of mayo:p

I couldnt live without potato

Mashed, roasted, boiled..love em all:p

nice if you dice them into small chunks, pre boil to soften then fry with onions, mushrooms and smokey bacon.

I also love potato gratin dauphinois

1 garlic clove

50 grams of butter

12 medium sized waxy potatoes

salt

freshly ground black pepper

grated nutmeg

2 eggs

50 cl milk [2cups]

2 tablespoons of double cream

Preheat oven to 170c or 325f gas3

Peel and cut the garlic in half and rub round a ovenproof dish then grease the dish with a little butter

Peel the potatoes wash and dry them cut into very thin slices. Make a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the dish overlapping the slices and season with a little salt,pepper and nutmeg Continue building up layers of potatoes seasoning each layer.

Whisk lightly together the milk,eggs and cream then pour over the potatoes top with knobs of butter

Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour if the top begins to brown to much, cover with foil
sunny104

Potatoes.

Post by sunny104 »

I love potatoes any way....:yh_drool

roast potatoes with garlic, herbs and olive oil are one of my most favorite. :D :-6
KarmaDoodle

Potatoes.

Post by KarmaDoodle »

I made mashed potatoes last night with red potatoes and I put a little curry powder in them for a small kick. I topped them with cream of mushroom gravey that I sauteed with red onions! mmmm.
observer1

Potatoes.

Post by observer1 »

My mom taught me to make "Potatoes in the jacket". You boil a couple of potatoes with the skins on until they're soft enough to put a fork into. Take them out of the water & peel off the skins. Cut up in a bowl & add milk, butter, salt & pepper. Then, enjoy! It's kind of like a potato soup. YUMMMM!!
Nomad

Potatoes.

Post by Nomad »

Seriously, I dont know how you people live with yourselves.

I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “The Kitchen”