The Perfect Sandwich

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
User avatar
Sheryl
Posts: 8498
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:08 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Sheryl »

What would be on your perfect sandwich? What kind of bread, cheese, meats, veggies, dressing ect? :yh_drool
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by K.Snyder »

Turkey Pastrami on Rye with Monterrey jack cheese and mustard. :yh_drool
RedGlitter
Posts: 15777
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:51 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by RedGlitter »

White bread

American Cheese

Mayonnaise

Hot sauce

Sliced online

Lettuce
User avatar
Sheryl
Posts: 8498
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:08 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Sheryl »

RedGlitter;535210 wrote: White bread

American Cheese

Mayonnaise

Hot sauce

Sliced online

Lettuce


sorry but what's sliced online? :D
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
User avatar
Sheryl
Posts: 8498
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:08 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Sheryl »

Ok my favorite is

wheat bread, salami and bologna, chedder cheese, mayo and ranch dressing, lettuce, tomatoes, purple onions, and pickles. now where's that lip licking smilie. :D
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
User avatar
Sheryl
Posts: 8498
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:08 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Sheryl »

:wah:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
User avatar
Lulu2
Posts: 6016
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:34 pm

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Lulu2 »

100% whole-grain bread

Garlic mayo

Thinly sliced turkey breast

Swiss cheese

Fresh basil leaves



GRILLED!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
User avatar
YZGI
Posts: 11525
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:24 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by YZGI »

buttered Toasted wheat bread

Fried Spam

Baby swiss cheese

Fried egg

fried onions and jalapenos

fresh spinach
User avatar
SuzyB
Posts: 6028
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:52 pm

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by SuzyB »

I love

brown bread

grilled crispy bacon

fried egg....still slightly runny

grated cheese

brown sauce



YUMMY :D
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!





RedGlitter
Posts: 15777
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:51 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by RedGlitter »

Sheryl;535219 wrote: sorry but what's sliced online? :D


Hahaha!! What the heck was I thinking? I meant to write "onion." Sliced onion. :wah:
User avatar
SuzyB
Posts: 6028
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:52 pm

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by SuzyB »

RedGlitter;535263 wrote: Hahaha!! What the heck was I thinking? I meant to write "onion." Sliced onion. :wah:


I was wandering what that was :wah: :wah:
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!





User avatar
WonderWendy3
Posts: 12412
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:44 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by WonderWendy3 »

RedGlitter;535263 wrote: Hahaha!! What the heck was I thinking? I meant to write "onion." Sliced onion. :wah:


:wah: what I figured too, but was fun while it lasted!!:wah:
User avatar
WonderWendy3
Posts: 12412
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:44 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by WonderWendy3 »

My favorite sandwich is boring:

honey wheat bread

mayo (more than I should have, cause me likes it!)

turkey

lettuce

sometimes "online" (onion)--depending on how I'm feeling
User avatar
Imladris
Posts: 4798
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:29 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Imladris »

a brown roll with hot sausage and fried onion and brown sauce or



wholemeal bread, crunchy peanut butter, banana and choc hazelnut spread or



brown bread, cold sausage, cheddar and piccalilli or



proper turkey (cut from the bird not pumped full of additives) on brown bread with piccalilli





hungry now
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy





Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 16553
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Betty Boop »

A big crispy french stick, loads of butter and cheese, would be heaven :-6
User avatar
WonderWendy3
Posts: 12412
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:44 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Betty Boop;535289 wrote: A big crispy french stick, loads of butter and cheese, would be heaven :-6


yummmm, but is that a sandwich?? or just bread with cheese and butter??

Not that I'm complaining sounds good to me, but something I'd have on the side with a main dish!!
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 16553
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Betty Boop »

WonderWendy3;535292 wrote: yummmm, but is that a sandwich?? or just bread with cheese and butter??



Not that I'm complaining sounds good to me, but something I'd have on the side with a main dish!!




It's not strictly a sandwich no, but it's probably the main thing I miss most since becoming wheat free.

ooh Garlic Bread

Tiger Baps

Chip Butties



ok leaving now beginning to pine for all the above! :(
User avatar
Sheryl
Posts: 8498
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:08 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Sheryl »

Ok quick question, what is brown sauce?
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
User avatar
SuzyB
Posts: 6028
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:52 pm

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by SuzyB »

Sheryl;535329 wrote: Ok quick question, what is brown sauce?


It's the same texture as Ketchup(tomato sauce) but has a spicy taste to it, it's lovely :D
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!





User avatar
Sheryl
Posts: 8498
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:08 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Sheryl »

Ohh ok. sounds interesting.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
User avatar
Sheryl
Posts: 8498
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:08 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Sheryl »

Sounds kinda like steak sauce.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
User avatar
SuzyB
Posts: 6028
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:52 pm

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by SuzyB »

Sheryl;535337 wrote: Ohh ok. sounds interesting.


If you want some PM me your address and i'll send some over to you :D
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!





Carl44
Posts: 10719
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:23 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Carl44 »

jenna jameson jimbo kelly brook :sneaky: :-4 :-4
User avatar
Sheryl
Posts: 8498
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:08 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Sheryl »

thanks Suzy.

Everyone here has a wide variety in tastes. And don't worry WonderWendy, sometimes plain is just fine. In fact I had a mustard, cheese, and bologna sandwich for lunch today. :)
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
User avatar
Sheryl
Posts: 8498
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:08 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Sheryl »

jimbo;535377 wrote: jenna jameson jimbo kelly brook :sneaky: :-4 :-4


i knew one of ya'll was gonna post one of THOSE sandwiches. Wouldn't sure who though. :wah:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
User avatar
WonderWendy3
Posts: 12412
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:44 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by WonderWendy3 »

does anyone like sweet lebonan bolagna?? We usually got it when we were in PA (Grandma's house) but our local Wal-Mart sells it now...only type of bolagna that I will eat....and only every once in a while, cause NOT good for Wendy!! (either is any lunch meat actually!!):-1
User avatar
WonderWendy3
Posts: 12412
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:44 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by WonderWendy3 »

jimbo;535377 wrote: jenna jameson jimbo kelly brook :sneaky: :-4 :-4


Okay, what is it?? I'll ask!!
User avatar
Sheryl
Posts: 8498
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:08 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Sheryl »

ok I'm thinking I should be embarrassed cause I knew the components of jimbo's sandwich were porn stars. :o
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
User avatar
SuzyB
Posts: 6028
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:52 pm

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by SuzyB »

WonderWendy3;535384 wrote: Okay, what is it?? I'll ask!!


The porn actress Jenna Jameson Jimmy in the middle and the actress Kelly Brook



He's just dreaming Wendy!!!!!!!
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!





User avatar
YZGI
Posts: 11525
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:24 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by YZGI »

SuzyB;535389 wrote: The porn actress Jenna Jameson Jimmy in the middle and the actress Kelly Brook





He's just dreaming Wendy!!!!!!!
Thats not a dream its a delusion.:D
User avatar
Chookie
Posts: 1826
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:55 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Chookie »

Much more basic but absolutely delicious:-

Wholemeal bread

Salt Butter

Boiled egg (sliced)

Lettuce

Salt & Pepper to taste

Bloody magnificent
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
User avatar
nvalleyvee
Posts: 5191
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:57 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by nvalleyvee »

Thinly sliced prime rib with a nice Jarlsberg cheese and green chili. Pile it on a great crusty roll, put it under a broiler til melted. Serve it with the Au Jus from the prime rib. Dang - I'm hungry now!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
rkdian
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:29 pm

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by rkdian »

nvalleyvee;535553 wrote: Thinly sliced prime rib with a nice Jarlsberg cheese and green chili. Pile it on a great crusty roll, put it under a broiler til melted. Serve it with the Au Jus from the prime rib. Dang - I'm hungry now!


This sounds delicious! I will have to give it a shot! Thanks!!
User avatar
sunny104
Posts: 11986
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:25 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by sunny104 »

it's hard to pick just one! :D

I like BLT's and Subway's tuna sub and grilled cheese.....:o :D
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by minks »

oooooo I got 2 faves

Genoa, or Hungarian salami piled onto whole wheat

splash of mustard

splash of mayo

sliced oinions

thin slices of cheddar

heated.



second one

toasted whole wheat bread

healthy spread of peanut butter

and nice ripe banana slices

Oh I am drooling now.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
Marie5656
Posts: 6772
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 10:10 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Marie5656 »

Dagwood Sandwich

Ingredients Procedure

For the Dagwood

sandwich

1 loaf unsliced Pullman bread

8 small dill pickles

10 leaves green leaf lettuce

10 thin slices tomato

5 slices bologna

5 slices turkey breast

5 slices American cheese

5 slices salami

5 slices ham

5 slices Swiss cheese

5 thin slices red onion

¼ cup Italian dressing

For the Dagwood

Pickle Sticks

8 10" bamboo skewers

8 large stuffed green olives

8 cherry peppers

8 large pitted black olives

8 pepperoncinis

8 small dill pickles



Laying your knife flat, cut the Pullman loaf in half, lengthwise



Cut the two halves in half again the same way. You should now have four long flat slices of bread. Set the top two aside



Separate the bottom two slices and splash the bottom layer of bread with half of the Italian dressing



Layer on first: five lettuce leaves, then five slices of tomato. Now layer on the bologna, turkey and American cheese



Top this lower sandwich half with a center slice of bread and set aside



Now separate the top two slices of bread, laying the center slice down and the top slice aside



On the center slice, lay down first, five lettuce leaves, then five tomato slices. Layer on the ham, salami and Swiss cheese. Top with the onions and splash the onions with the remaining Italian dressing



For the Dagwood Pickle Sticks:

Place the top slice of bread on top



To assemble: place the top sandwich half on the bottom sandwich half and hold together with: Dagwood Pickle Sticks



On each skewer, place one green olive, one cherry pepper, one black olive, one pepperoncini and one pickle



Slide them all the way to the top of the skewer



Stab the pickle sticks down through the two sandwich halves, evenly dividing the loaf into eight equal portions



Cut the sandwich vertically between the sticks and serve



User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by minks »

Marie5656;536028 wrote: Dagwood Sandwich

Ingredients Procedure

For the Dagwood

sandwich

1 loaf unsliced Pullman bread

8 small dill pickles

10 leaves green leaf lettuce

10 thin slices tomato

5 slices bologna

5 slices turkey breast

5 slices American cheese

5 slices salami

5 slices ham

5 slices Swiss cheese

5 thin slices red onion

¼ cup Italian dressing

For the Dagwood

Pickle Sticks

8 10" bamboo skewers

8 large stuffed green olives

8 cherry peppers

8 large pitted black olives

8 pepperoncinis

8 small dill pickles



Laying your knife flat, cut the Pullman loaf in half, lengthwise



Cut the two halves in half again the same way. You should now have four long flat slices of bread. Set the top two aside



Separate the bottom two slices and splash the bottom layer of bread with half of the Italian dressing



Layer on first: five lettuce leaves, then five slices of tomato. Now layer on the bologna, turkey and American cheese



Top this lower sandwich half with a center slice of bread and set aside



Now separate the top two slices of bread, laying the center slice down and the top slice aside



On the center slice, lay down first, five lettuce leaves, then five tomato slices. Layer on the ham, salami and Swiss cheese. Top with the onions and splash the onions with the remaining Italian dressing



For the Dagwood Pickle Sticks:

Place the top slice of bread on top



To assemble: place the top sandwich half on the bottom sandwich half and hold together with: Dagwood Pickle Sticks



On each skewer, place one green olive, one cherry pepper, one black olive, one pepperoncini and one pickle



Slide them all the way to the top of the skewer



Stab the pickle sticks down through the two sandwich halves, evenly dividing the loaf into eight equal portions



Cut the sandwich vertically between the sticks and serve






I need a nap after all that
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
cherandbuster
Posts: 8594
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 11:33 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by cherandbuster »

I love me a great big roasted veggie sandwich with cheese :D

Grill a giant portobello mushroom cap, add grilled onions and zucchini, roasted red peppers, brie cheese (soft and melting) and a nice pesto spread

Put it on some interesting bread and EAT IT ALL UP :)

It's healthy enough to have dessert afterwards :rolleyes:
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist





User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by minks »

cherandbuster;536083 wrote: I love me a great big roasted veggie sandwich with cheese :D

Grill a giant portobello mushroom cap, add grilled onions and zucchini, roasted red peppers, brie cheese (soft and melting) and a nice pesto spread

Put it on some interesting bread and EAT IT ALL UP :)

It's healthy enough to have dessert afterwards :rolleyes:


ooo Cher good thinking.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
cherandbuster
Posts: 8594
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 11:33 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by cherandbuster »

minks;536086 wrote: ooo Cher good thinking.


But . . .

If I'm not being healthy

Nothing beats a large Italian sub on a toasted roll with everything on it :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist





User avatar
YZGI
Posts: 11525
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:24 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by YZGI »

cherandbuster;536083 wrote: I love me a great big roasted veggie sandwich with cheese :D



Grill a giant portobello mushroom cap, add grilled onions and zucchini, roasted red peppers, brie cheese (soft and melting) and a nice pesto spread



Put it on some interesting bread and EAT IT ALL UP :)



It's healthy enough to have dessert afterwards :rolleyes:
OOh I forgot about the ole mushroom sandwich love them with shittake shrooms also. Add a slice of home grown tomato mmm mmm good.
User avatar
Sheryl
Posts: 8498
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:08 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by Sheryl »

I love meatball subs with everything on it. :-4
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by minks »

Sheryl;536106 wrote: I love meatball subs with everything on it. :-4


I am a saddo, I love a tuna sub ahahaha
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
cherandbuster
Posts: 8594
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 11:33 am

The Perfect Sandwich

Post by cherandbuster »

YZGI;536104 wrote: Add a slice of home grown tomato mmm mmm good.


Oh yeah, I forgot the mighty tomato -- yum! :)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist





Return to “The Kitchen”