Foods you used to hate.

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
K.Snyder

Foods you used to hate.

Post by K.Snyder »

I just thought of something I used to hate as a kid, but I love now...

Rye bread...I never even liked eating wheat bread let alone rye bread when I was a kid, but now I prefer rye bread on alot of sandwiches I eat.
MoreThanALover

Foods you used to hate.

Post by MoreThanALover »

Well there are a green beans, I believe, I just wouldn't eat them, now I will only eat them with corn and butter with 'special' salt(that's right..it's special salt).

I don't think I ever ate mushroom, duh to the fact that my lovely mother hates them, but when my grandmother made me stirfry with them in it....they were amazingly good.

I used to love cheese cake, then I got really sick after I ate some, and now when someone says cheese cake my stomach flips..not in a good way.

I was the kid in my family that dug in the butter. Mom would find little finger prints in it....I was never good at hiding things. haha.

I don't like tomatos, but I do like tomato soup, and sauce on pizza.
K.Snyder

Foods you used to hate.

Post by K.Snyder »

MoreThanALover;504613 wrote:

I don't like tomatos, but I do like tomato soup, and sauce on pizza.

Wow, that's interesting...I always thought tomato soup tasted very similar to plain tomatoes...although I can understand the difference of taste from pizza sauce and tomatoes.
MoreThanALover

Foods you used to hate.

Post by MoreThanALover »

K.Snyder;504806 wrote: Wow, that's interesting...I always thought tomato soup tasted very similar to plain tomatoes...although I can understand the difference of taste from pizza sauce and tomatoes.

Well the only time I eat tomatos is when they are in a sandwich or BLT Pizza. I've never eating just a tomato by its self. My sister was taking a bite out of one and there was a worm in it:yh_sick ....that is prolly why I don't...ewww
K.Snyder

Foods you used to hate.

Post by K.Snyder »

MoreThanALover;504828 wrote: Well the only time I eat tomatos is when they are in a sandwich or BLT Pizza. I've never eating just a tomato by its self. My sister was taking a bite out of one and there was a worm in it:yh_sick ....that is prolly why I don't...ewww

Oh ok,..

Because when "you" eat tomatoes sliced on a sandwich "you" can taste the tomato as if "you" were eating it whole is why I asked,..but it seems you are turned away from them from an experience you've had with them...I understand now.
K.Snyder

Foods you used to hate.

Post by K.Snyder »

I remember one...

Swiss Cheese...Although, I don't really like very much of it at one time, but I love it on sandwiches.
WonderWendy3

Foods you used to hate.

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I never liked mushrooms, green and red peppers. I love them now...
K.Snyder

Foods you used to hate.

Post by K.Snyder »

WonderWendy3;505178 wrote: I never liked mushrooms, green and red peppers. I love them now...

I think I used to not like mushrooms as a kid too...

I deep fry them whole now, with a little flower and egg...

Has to be in spaghetti too, or it's not real spaghetti sauce. ;)
WonderWendy3

Foods you used to hate.

Post by WonderWendy3 »

K.Snyder;505198 wrote: I think I used to not like mushrooms as a kid too...

I deep fry them whole now, with a little flower and egg...

Has to be in spaghetti too, or it's not real spaghetti sauce. ;)

I love mushrooms in spaghetti sauce and love them with onions on steak..yummm

I used to hate tomatoes and not eat them on anything, and this is the weird thing, eat them on subs, but not anything else, don't like them in salad or tacos etc. I love anything made from tomato base though, spaghetti, ketchup and salsa etc....weird...

I can't eat a strawberry, but love strawberry juice in the juicer and strawberry flavored anything...
Marie5656

Foods you used to hate.

Post by Marie5656 »

Fish..like codfish and that. But my husband has been buying fish and preparing it and I am starting to like it. I will never love fish, but I like it now.

Of course, I have ALWAYS love shelfish like clams, lobster and crablegs.
Adam Zapple

Foods you used to hate.

Post by Adam Zapple »

I used to hate carrots......until I went to boot camp and it was eat raw potatos and carrots or starve. Now I like them.
Betty Boop

Foods you used to hate.

Post by Betty Boop »

I used to hate parsnips until I did something really wicked with them this christmas! :D
Betty Boop

Foods you used to hate.

Post by Betty Boop »

Pinky;505432 wrote: I hope you're talking about cooking, Betty!:-3

:rolleyes: Get your mind out of the gutter girl! Of course I'm talking about cooking!
K.Snyder

Foods you used to hate.

Post by K.Snyder »

I remember one -

I like sliced cucumbers in a little bit of vinegar,..and I like hot mustard...and other sauces with horseradish in it...

I never really liked cucumbers(and still don't like them overpowering salads), and I hated anything with horseradish in it, but I love spicy mustard and cocktail sauce now.
G-man

Foods you used to hate.

Post by G-man »

I used to abhor any kind of bean... with the exception of French style green bean shells. I eventually got back into eating them first with black bean soup, then black-eyed peas in Hoppin' John... and even peanuts, although they have to be unsalted... about the only thing I can eat that is salty is seaweed. I must've had a bad experience in the ocean when I was younger or something. If I eat something too salty it will actually make me nauseous. :-3

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

pinkchick

Foods you used to hate.

Post by pinkchick »

I used to hate olives - now I love them:-6
Very nearly perfect ... :D
WonderWendy3

Foods you used to hate.

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I used to hate sauerkraut...love it now....

I used to highly dislike Mushrooms...mmmm yummmm

I used to turn my nose at green peppers and red peppers.....can't get enough of them in a fajita!!
minks

Foods you used to hate.

Post by minks »

omg my list used to be long

potatoes

olives

ham

steak

green beans

mushrooms

oranges

apples

butter

radishes

pumpkin

squash

breakfast sausages

eggs

bacon

most soda

most candy

most desserts

Like it all now, about the only thing I do not like now, peas.

that is all I can think of for now.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Foods you used to hate.

Post by minks »

WonderWendy3;683075 wrote: I used to hate sauerkraut...love it now....

I used to highly dislike Mushrooms...mmmm yummmm

I used to turn my nose at green peppers and red peppers.....can't get enough of them in a fajita!!

mmmm grew up on that stuff yummy hehehe glad you like it now.

― Mae West
WonderWendy3

Foods you used to hate.

Post by WonderWendy3 »

AngelEyes82;683081 wrote: i used to hate broccoli & Spinach but now they are my favorites.

eww I've always hated brussel sprouts. My daughter loves those nasty things. Well she dared me try one again.. OMG! I spit it out in a napkin.. I don't know how the hell she eats those things. :yh_sick

I LOVE Brussel Sprouts!!!! My middle son is the only one that loves them too, the other two eat another veggie when we have our "brussel sprout fix"
minks

Foods you used to hate.

Post by minks »

WonderWendy3;683095 wrote: I LOVE Brussel Sprouts!!!! My middle son is the only one that loves them too, the other two eat another veggie when we have our "brussel sprout fix"

oh yeah them I only ate them one time and liked them, the rest of the times I tried bleck....

ok and lima beans bleck, and broad beans bleck.

― Mae West
WonderWendy3

Foods you used to hate.

Post by WonderWendy3 »

minks;683099 wrote: oh yeah them I only ate them one time and liked them, the rest of the times I tried bleck....

ok and lima beans bleck, and broad beans bleck.

what are broad beans??

I love limas

I'm funny about beans also....

Love:

Kidney, string/green and baked beans....

Highly dislike:

Navy, pinto, black, etc.
minks

Foods you used to hate.

Post by minks »

WonderWendy3;683111 wrote: what are broad beans??

I love limas

I'm funny about beans also....

Love:

Kidney, string/green and baked beans....

Highly dislike:

Navy, pinto, black, etc.

similar to lima beans huge and dry.

I love beans of all sorts cept those 2

I put all those beans into my chili WW3 hehehehe good for ya.

― Mae West
Kathy Ellen

Foods you used to hate.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I still hate peas and will not eat them. Actually, I never tried them. They just look so mushy and squishy. I used to hide them on a shelf under the kitchen table and in my potato jackets.
minks

Foods you used to hate.

Post by minks »

Kathy Ellen;683117 wrote: I still hate peas and will not eat them. Actually, I never tried them. They just look so mushy and squishy. I used to hide them on a shelf under the kitchen table and in my potato jackets.

get out, I used to do that too, hide them in my potato jacket ahahahaha I am with ya sistah they are gross!!!

― Mae West
Mia

Foods you used to hate.

Post by Mia »

I was another mushroom hater.Now I think there is nothing nicer than a bacon and mushroom sandwich.

In reverse,when I was a kid,I used to love sugar sanwiches...how gross.
WonderWendy3

Foods you used to hate.

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Mia;683127 wrote: I was another mushroom hater.Now I think there is nothing nicer than a bacon and mushroom sandwich.

In reverse,when I was a kid,I used to love sugar sanwiches...how gross.

How do you make a sugar sandwich...and please hear the un-sure-ness of really wanting to know in my voice......but curious as well....
sunny104

Foods you used to hate.

Post by sunny104 »

YZGI;479905 wrote: I dont think there is any better fish than Walleye. And Guppy you fillet then boneless. They have thick juicy white flaky flesh. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Needless to say when I fish it is usually for walleye.

mail me one next time you go fishing! :D :wah:
Chookie

Foods you used to hate.

Post by Chookie »

WonderWendy3;683139 wrote: How do you make a sugar sandwich...and please hear the un-sure-ness of really wanting to know in my voice......but curious as well....

Two slices of white bread, thickly spread with salted butter, sprinkle sugar thickly over one slice, slap the other one on top and enjoy.
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Bryn Mawr

Foods you used to hate.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Chookie;683261 wrote: Two slices of white bread, thickly spread with salted butter, sprinkle sugar thickly over one slice, slap the other one on top and enjoy.

I'd like to point out at this point the the Scots are known for a high rate of coronary heart disease.

Deep fried Mars bars don't help either :-)
ashleydoom

Foods you used to hate.

Post by ashleydoom »

My big one is Spinach. I enjoy it in a lot of things now. I don't like it from out of a can. I LOVE spinach and artichoke dip. I love it when it's cooked in with things, But i still hate it when it's straight from a can.
koan

Foods you used to hate.

Post by koan »

Cauliflower.

Oh. Actually, I still don't like it very much.

Now all the cauliflower lovers are going to picket me. :thinking:
WonderWendy3

Foods you used to hate.

Post by WonderWendy3 »

koan;710313 wrote: Cauliflower.

ha ha...I won't mess with you, but you did remind me of a funny child-hood story....one summer there were farmers that would sell produce out of their vehicle down the street from where we lived, and we bought their cauliflower and it was AWESOME!! So, one day, lack of better terminology, my mom asked my dad if he would go "see the Cauliflower people"....and he freaked out like that they had heads made of cauliflower...(jokingly OF course)

Okay, it was funnier in person...you have to know my dad...very expressive and absoulutely hilarious!:)
K.Snyder

Foods you used to hate.

Post by K.Snyder »

koan;710313 wrote: Cauliflower.

I never really cared for cauliflower when I was a kid...I'll eat it now but prefer that it's mixed with broccoli and it has to have been cooked in a significant amount of butter...
qsducks

Foods you used to hate.

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;899743 wrote: I never really cared for cauliflower when I was a kid...I'll eat it now but prefer that it's mixed with broccoli and it has to have been cooked in a significant amount of butter...

Or in a stirfry.:)
moonpie

Foods you used to hate.

Post by moonpie »

When I was a kid, I hated green peas. Like them now.
K.Snyder

Foods you used to hate.

Post by K.Snyder »

ashleydoom;710301 wrote: My big one is Spinach. I enjoy it in a lot of things now. I don't like it from out of a can. I LOVE spinach and artichoke dip. I love it when it's cooked in with things, But i still hate it when it's straight from a can.

I love spinach...I absolutely hated it as a kid but I love it now...I know that it's extremely healthy for you which is probably why I love it so much...

Try cooking it with a dash of vinegar...There's no green better than fresh spinach in my opinion but in todays economy buying it in a can is much more convenient...
qsducks

Foods you used to hate.

Post by qsducks »

I always heard your tastebuds mature as you get older. Thank gawd.:wah:
qsducks

Foods you used to hate.

Post by qsducks »

K.Snyder;899750 wrote: I love spinach...I absolutely hated it as a kid but I love it now...I know that it's extremely healthy for you which is probably why I love it so much...

Try cooking it with a dash of vinegar...There's no green better than fresh spinach in my opinion but in todays economy buying it in a can is much more convenient...

I love spinach salad and spinach dip but not cream of spinach, yuk:lips:
Queen_of_Hearts

Foods you used to hate.

Post by Queen_of_Hearts »

I've always loved all kinds of spinach!

I HATED onions! but now I LOVE grilled onions. I'm still a little hesitant about raw onions :lips:
Chezzie

Foods you used to hate.

Post by Chezzie »

I was a very very fussy eater as a child and only had a hand ful of foods i liked.

I now love most veg except broad beans but I hate frozen veg and mixed veg thats pre made.

I still cant stand advocado and i hate frozen garden peas, butternut squash, cold pasta.

I have loads of foods I cant stand but I love my veg now and I could eat just a plate of brussel sprouts, cauliflower and brocolli and carrots, yummy.
K.Snyder

Foods you used to hate.

Post by K.Snyder »

Chezzie;899875 wrote: I was a very very fussy eater as a child and only had a hand ful of foods i liked.

I now love most veg except broad beans but I hate frozen veg and mixed veg thats pre made.

I still cant stand advocado and i hate frozen garden peas, butternut squash, cold pasta.

I have loads of foods I cant stand but I love my veg now and I could eat just a plate of brussel sprouts, cauliflower and brocolli and carrots, yummy.

I never really cared for cooked carrots but now I love them sauteed in butter and brown sugar...
Chezzie

Foods you used to hate.

Post by Chezzie »

I love veg raw...Cauliflower stem is yum...swede and turnip..oh my I love raw turnip:p
Kathy Ellen

Foods you used to hate.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

PEAS:-5 AND....I still hate them:-1 used to hide them in a little shelf under our kitchen table or in a baked potato jacket:wah:

Return to “The Kitchen”