Stuffing recipes?

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
observer1

Stuffing recipes?

Post by observer1 »

I've been watching the food channel & have seen some WONDERFUL stuffing recipes. They literally make my mouth water! I think I liked Emeril's corn bread & wild rice stuffing recipe the best.

How do you all make your stuffing?? Just to let you know, my step-father makes the BEST stuffing in the world! None of us can wait for it each year!! Of course, I always get to take the left-overs home. ;)
lady cop

Stuffing recipes?

Post by lady cop »

i hope you'll find an idea or two here! you have to have bell's seasoning:) ..~stuff it~ ( 1 2 3 ) ..i only tried cornbread stuffing a couple years ago, my son really liked it, but i still prefer traditional new england style.
observer1

Stuffing recipes?

Post by observer1 »

lady cop wrote: i hope you'll find an idea or two here! you have to have bell's seasoning:) ..~stuff it~ ( 1 2 3 ) ..i only tried cornbread stuffing a couple years ago, my son really liked it, but i still prefer traditional new england style.

I did see that thread LC. But I'm not sure I can get Bell's seasoning here in PA. :(
lady cop

Stuffing recipes?

Post by lady cop »

observer1 wrote: I did see that thread LC. But I'm not sure I can get Bell's seasoning here in PA. :(i suspect you could get it in PA. i was able to get it in new england, and get it here as well. i hope you can! it's wonderful.
observer1

Stuffing recipes?

Post by observer1 »

lady cop wrote: i suspect you could get it in PA. i was able to get it in new england, and get it here as well. i hope you can! it's wonderful.

I'll have to look. Thanks!! ;)
lady cop

Stuffing recipes?

Post by lady cop »

this sounds different (and good!)BBC - Food - Recipes - Roast goose with prune and chestnut stuffing ...........
sherry

Stuffing recipes?

Post by sherry »

Delia is god in our house. As we're having goose for christmas, we are having this.:)

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/roas ... 51,RC.html
Lil~Basco

Stuffing recipes?

Post by Lil~Basco »

observer1 wrote: I did see that thread LC. But I'm not sure I can get Bell's seasoning here in PA. :(

Yes, Bell's seasoning is available in PA. I use it too!
Bothwell

Stuffing recipes?

Post by Bothwell »

Delia we are not worthy
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Bella_Boo

Stuffing recipes?

Post by Bella_Boo »

Bothwell wrote: Delia we are not worthy

does anyone know a good stuffin receipe that has pine nuts in it.. i love pine nuts but cant find one... you all seem to be home cooking extraordinaires... help me help me....
:lips: i have no signature:lips:
observer1

Stuffing recipes?

Post by observer1 »

Lil~Basco wrote: Yes, Bell's seasoning is available in PA. I use it too!

Lil, do you have Giant stores in your area? That's usually where I do my grocery shopping. Wonder if they have it there...

I'm trying to remember how my step-father makes his. I think it's bread cubes, celery, onion, spices, & LOTS of butter. It's DELISH!!!!!!! ;) :-6
observer1

Stuffing recipes?

Post by observer1 »

Bella_Boo wrote: does anyone know a good stuffin receipe that has pine nuts in it.. i love pine nuts but cant find one... you all seem to be home cooking extraordinaires... help me help me....

Bella, I've never had anything with pine nuts in, that I'm aware of. But I've heard of them. I'll have to try them sometime.
Bothwell

Stuffing recipes?

Post by Bothwell »

1/4 c Wild rice, uncooked

1 c Water

1 Green onion

1 sm Garlic clove, minced

1 ts Vegetable oil

1/4 c Pine nuts or any chopped nut

1/2 ts Dried thyme

Cook the wild rice in the water until tender, about 1 hour. Add more water if needed. Meanwhile, saute the onion, garlic, nuts and thyme in the oil. Add the wild rice. Simmer for 10 minutes to blend the flavors. Cool enough to stuff into quail or one Cornish hen (or serve with chicken).
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Betty Boop

Stuffing recipes?

Post by Betty Boop »

Bothwell wrote: 1/4 c Wild rice, uncooked

1 c Water

1 Green onion

1 sm Garlic clove, minced

1 ts Vegetable oil

1/4 c Pine nuts or any chopped nut

1/2 ts Dried thyme

Cook the wild rice in the water until tender, about 1 hour. Add more water if needed. Meanwhile, saute the onion, garlic, nuts and thyme in the oil. Add the wild rice. Simmer for 10 minutes to blend the flavors. Cool enough to stuff into quail or one Cornish hen (or serve with chicken).

Wow a wheat free stuffing!! Thanks Bothwell I'm going to give that one a try!
lady cop

Stuffing recipes?

Post by lady cop »

classic new england recipe~

OYSTER STUFFING

1 med. onion, chopped

2 celery stalks, chopped

2 tbsp. parsley, chopped

1 1/2 sticks butter

1 tsp. poultry seasoning

1/2 tsp. pepper

7 c. fresh bread crumbs or pkg. stuffing mix

1 pt. standard (sm.) oysters, tough section removed

1/4 c. oyster liquid

1 tbsp. lemon juice

Saute onion, celery, parsley and seasoning in butter for a few minutes. Place bread crumbs in a large bowl and lightly mix with onion mixture and remaining ingredients. Cool. Stuff bird just before roasting. Makes 8 cups. Cranberry Stuffing: Follow above recipe, except add 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cranberries and 1/3 cup sugar with the onion, celery and parsley. Saute all for 5 minutes. Add, or omit oysters and lemon juice.

~~~~~~~
gambling

Stuffing recipes?

Post by gambling »

This is my grandmother's recipe, which my mother has been using to make our Thanksgiving turkey stuffing for more than 40 years. I've never tasted any turkey stuffing that has come close to as good as mom's. Although years ago we used to stuff the bird, these days we cook the stuffing separately. It is much easier to get an even cooking of the turkey (and safer too) if you do not stuff it. To infuse the stuffing with turkey flavor we simmer the giblets for an hour, and use that stock in the stuffing.If you haven't already made the stock, take the turkey giblets - heart and gizzard - and neck if you want, and put them in a small saucepan, cover with water and add a little salt. Bring to a simmer; simmer for about an hour, uncovered. Strain the stock into a container for use with the stuffing. Alternatively, you can use chicken stock or just plain water with this recipe.
qsducks

Stuffing recipes?

Post by qsducks »

observer1;169370 wrote: I did see that thread LC. But I'm not sure I can get Bell's seasoning here in PA. :(

Giant carries Bells seasoning in PA. They don't however carry that dressing here you were telling me about.:mad:

Return to “The Kitchen”