boy disappears from yankee stadium

Discuss missing children, unsolved or suspicious deaths, and unidentified persons. Amber Alerts to be posted in the Amber Alert Forum only.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

this is quite mysterious.......this may sound crazy, but i wonder if he was really there ...do we know know if he actually attended or is this a red herring?

NEW YORK — A 13-year-old boy went to a restroom during a Yankees game and never returned, and searches of the stadium, nearby fast-food restaurants and train stations by hundreds of police and security guards were fruitless.

Majelique Lewis of Stamford, Conn., disappeared Friday night during the seventh-inning stretch of a Yankees-Angels game, police said.

His mother immediately reported him missing to security, who notified police about an hour later.

Every stadium exit is monitored by security cameras and Lewis' mother did not spot him on hours of recorded images, police said.

It was the teen's first trip to Yankee Stadium . He attended the game with his 65-year-old foster mother, brother and two sisters.

Lewis has no behavioral or mental problems and no history of running away, police said.

"He's an average kid," said Arthur Shannonhouse, who answered the phone at Lewis' home and identified himself as the teenager's father.

Ten to 15 children are reported missing at every Yankees game but are almost immediately located, police said.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

not mother, 65 year old foster mother. of no consequence, but i am still suspicious. he was not seen on any camera at the exits. so was he there???
Peg

Post by Peg »

I know what you're getting at LC and we know, as sad as it is, it's quite possible he was never there in the first place.:-1
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

:photoPop('171648/2_21_073005_missingteen.jpg','Majelique Lewis disappeared Friday at Yankee Stadium.','AP',350,450);">

•

Teen Disappears at Yankee Stadium

NEW YORK — A 13-year-old boy who disappeared from a men's room in Yankee Stadium (:siteSearch('Yankee Stadium');">search) was found early Sunday, police said.

Hundreds of police and security guards searched for Majelique Lewis (:siteSearch('Majelique Lewis');">search), of Stamford, Conn., after he vanished during the seventh-inning stretch of the Yankees-Angels game Friday night.

Police spokesman Bernard Gifford (:siteSearch('Bernard Gifford');">search) said he had no information on how the boy left the stadium in the Bronx and traveled to the neighboring borough of Queens, where he was found in front of a building in good health.

The boy's mother had immediately reported him missing to stadium security, who notified police about an hour later.

A search of the stadium, including parking lots, restricted areas and locked rooms, was fruitless, police said. Officers also searched nearby fast-food restaurants and train stations.

Every stadium exit is monitored by security cameras and Lewis' mother did not spot him on hours of recorded images, police said. He attended the game with his 65-year-old foster mother, brother and two sisters, police said.

Lewis has no behavioral or mental problems and no history of running away, police said.

Between 10 and 15 children are reported missing at every Yankees game and are almost immediately located, police
Peg

Post by Peg »

I'm so glad he is safe!:-6
robinseggs

Post by robinseggs »

OK Ladycop am I reading this correctly??? Are "they" saying 10-15 children are reported missing at EVERY Yankees game for real???????? Did anyone elso note that? Can it be? Am I that naaive?? Wonder what the statistics are for other team games...like my hometown St. L. Cardinals???
Nature laughs Last
rainbowsmiles

Post by rainbowsmiles »

scratch my post... I just read the first post on this and now I see the boy was found!

Return to “Missing Children”