2 little boys missing--Minn.

Discuss missing children, unsolved or suspicious deaths, and unidentified persons. Amber Alerts to be posted in the Amber Alert Forum only.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

RED LAKE, Minnesota (AP) -- Hundreds of searchers used horses, four-wheelers and bloodhounds Friday to hunt for two young brothers who disappeared from a yard on an American Indian reservation two days earlier.

The FBI offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to the recovery of Tristan Anthony White, 4, and Avery Lee Stately, 2.

The boys were reported missing Wednesday from the Walking Shield area of the remote Red Lake Indian Reservation in northern Minnesota, the FBI said.

Their parents said they had been playing outside their home, Tribal Chairman Floyd "Buck" Jourdain Jr. said.

"They were out there one minute, and they didn't hear them or see them outside the house," Jourdain said.

FBI spokesman Paul McCabe said it was too soon to tell if the boys wandered away or if a crime had been committed. "At this point, there's nothing to indicate either way," he said.

Temperatures, which fell to 25 degrees overnight, were expected to reach the mid-40s Friday.

The area is mostly wetlands, lakes and woods. No tracks or broken ice had been found to suggest the boys went into the water, Jourdain said.

Searchers, many of them volunteers who put aside plans to help Thursday, also were looking through houses in the neighborhood.

"It's not been a very joyous Thanksgiving here," Jourdain said.

The turmoil over two of the reservation's children comes less than two years after 16-year-old Jeff Weise killed his grandfather and grandfather's girlfriend on the reservation March 21, 2005, then went to the high school and killed seven more people, including a teacher and a security guard, before killing himself.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

the missing children...

Attached files
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Im sorry, but who in the h*ll lets a 4 and 2 year old kid outside by themselves?
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

K.Snyder;467922 wrote: Im sorry, but who in the h*ll lets a 4 and 2 year old kid outside by themselves?i suppose if it were a fenced in area and someone had their eye on them. i'll keep watching this story.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

My thoughts exactly KS. Even if it was in your own fenced in back yard children that young need constant supervision. :( I hope this ends with these 2 cute kids being found alive.

[QUOTE]Im sorry, but who in the h*ll lets a 4 and 2 year old kid outside by themselves?[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

you're right Carla, it could be snakes, or an injury in even a 'safe' yard.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

6 & up maybe(fenced in yard), but not 4 and 2....

My god the 2 year old probably just started to walk. And puting everything and anything in their mouths...no way...If I didn't feel that a children's love for their parents were essential in growing up I would almost want them kids taken away from people like this Im sorry.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

you are right K.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I agree but reservations are a world unto themselves, not sure CPS has jurisdiction on them. :-1

[QUOTE]My god the 2 year old probably just started to walk. And puting everything and anything in their mouths...no way...If I didn't feel that a children's love for their parents were essential in growing up I would almost want them kids taken away from people like this Im sorry.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

lady cop;467888 wrote: the missing children...

Good point,these days you can't take your eyes off your kids for a moment.

Fence or no fence.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

descriptions--

Case Handled By: National Center for Missing & Exploited Children TRISTAN ANTHONY WHITECase Type: Lost, Injured, Missing DOB: Sep 6, 2002Sex: MaleMissing Date: Nov 22, 2006Race: Am. Ind.Age Now: 4Height: 3'4" (102 cm)Missing City: REDLAKEWeight: 45 lbs (20 kg)Missing State : MNHair Color: BlackMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: BrownCase Number: NCMC1058347Circumstances: Avery and Tristan are half brothers. They were last seen at their home in Redlake, Minnesota on the morning of November 22, 2006. Avery was last seen wearing a light gray sweatshirt, a white t-shirt, Old Navy faded blue jeans, and white Spiderman sneakers. His nickname is Ave. Tristan was last seen wearing a dark blue Spiderman jacket, a black and white striped shirt, blue jeans, and black and gray boots.1 Associated Children AVERY LEE STATELY Missing from: MN Missing Since: Nov 22, 2006 Age Now: 2
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, keep us informed, LC.

:(
guppy

Post by guppy »

this is soooo sad. i hope they find them alive and unhurt.............let us kno when you hear anything lc.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

another cold night approaches. poor kids. i hope they are alive and sheltered. ...missing since wednesday, does not look good.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Family members said they were preparing for the worst because it's been cold and searchers have found nothing since the boys disappeared Wednesday. Temperatures reached the mid-40s Friday afternoon and were expected to drop below freezing overnight, according to the National Weather Service. i am starting to think foul play. all the water in the area is frozen and there has been no sign of breaks in the ice.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Sad not a clue as to what happened to them. Some body saw something...:mad:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

The search widened Saturday for two young brothers missing from the :siteSearch('Red Lake Indian Reservation');">Red Lake Indian Reservation, with investigators concerned about a night of cold temperatures and the growing time the boys have been gone.

Temperatures dropped into the teens on the northern Minnesota reservation Friday night and early Saturday, the coldest yet since Tristan Anthony White, 4, and Avery Lee Stately, 2, went missing Wednesday morning.

"The weather had been mild, but last night with those kinds of temps that does concern us, if there were children in the woods going into a third night," FBI Special Agent Paul McCabe said Saturday morning.

McCabe said that teams of searchers with specially trained dogs as well as aircraft with sophisticated camera equipment continued to search overnight Friday into Saturday morning. The FBI was also continuing its investigation into the possibility that the boys were taken; McCabe said a tip line set up Friday generated about 35 phone calls but no hard leads.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

This doesn't sound good at all. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

lady cop;468151 wrote: another cold night approaches. poor kids. i hope they are alive and sheltered. ...missing since wednesday, does not look good.

They couldnt have gone far...

They would have been found by any effort involved in searching for them at the very moment anyone realized they were out of sight...

This whole story is just one big load of something suspicious if you ask me,...

How remote was this place anyway?
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

KS From what I have seen on the News it is very remote. Dirt road to the house and no fencing with a large forest around them. I agree something isn't right. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;468715 wrote: KS From what I have seen on the News it is very remote. Dirt road to the house and no fencing with a large forest around them. I agree something isn't right. :(

I thought thats what I read...(Havent re-read the story, but read it last night)

1) I dont see a 2 and 4 year old kid walking any great distance over a few days let alone what maybe minutes in conjunction to the parents' testimony.

2) If its that remote, I seriously don't see an obduction part of the equation...

(God forbid)

What has been discussed about the possibility of Wolves, and are they seen around that part of the country?

A bear wouldnt have taken them anywhere...
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

This has crossed my mind as well. Its a forest I'm sure there wolves and bears in the area. My thinking if that was the case they would have heard screams..:( Then again they could have wandered into the forest and been attached there then no one would have heard them scream.

The mystery for me is they haven't FOUND one clue period, no tracks, no clothes, NOTHING. :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i'm waiting to hear they're looking at the parents. sorry, but they must.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I agree and it should have happened already in my opinion. :-5 I saw the mother today and I didn't get a good feeling about her story. :( But I could be completly wrong and I hope I am.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

if nothing else, the parents must be considered and eliminated. as for the mother, i know everyone expresses their emotions differently...her laughter and lack of real tears could have been pure nervousness.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

We didn't say that, we said without supervision, and the yard must be fenced. Yes a 2 and 4 year old are way to young to not be watched while playing period. Like you said a 2 year old can wander of very fast.

This is remote country, and for me that would require a fenced yard at least to keep animals out, and me sitting outside watching them not because of fear, because of good common sence.

[QUOTE]Your country is seeming scarier and scarier to me in the fact that you wouldn't allow a 4 and 2 year old by themselves in there own back yard. How dangerous is it over there? Or are you only percieving a danger.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

to answer Magenta, the boys have different last names, so i would assume different fathers. it was not clarified however.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Magenta flame;468735 wrote:

Your country is seeming scarier and scarier to me in the fact that you wouldn't allow a 4 and 2 year old by themselves in there own back yard. How dangerous is it over there? Or are you only percieving a danger.

As I have said before, I wouldn't let a 2 and 4 year old kid outside by themselves unsupervised at all. Everything they pick up they put in their mouths...

But in the northern states, wolves and bears are very common, not to mention snakes, coyotes, and god knows what else. And this was near a forest, so you can bet for sure there are wolves and bears around.

I probably wouldn't let my kids outside at all in Australia...My god everything over there is poisonous.

But to go back a couple of posts...I dont think you would be able to hear a 2 or 4 year old scream if they were any distance away from the house...their lungs and voice box just isnt that mature in my opinion.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder;468754 wrote: And this was near a forest, so you can bet for sure there are wolves and bears around.

I also read where bears can smell up to miles in circumference....and people wonder why they contact them so much when hiking.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Around here there are occasional mushrooms that bloom, and upon eating in excess of one cap is enough to kill a grown adult. I'm not going to take that chance. If I were home watching my kids I wouldn't be too busy to not be out there with them, and if I am, then they will be in the house...they will get enough playing time outside.

Besides, I wouldn't sit and watch my kid eat dirt, and god knows what else, so I wouldn't allow it to happen knowing it would happen if I were to let them outside alone. Also I live in a rural city, so the street is not exactly a safe haven for kids either.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I agree I don't think they have wandered off either, at this point they don't have one clue pointing to anything period.

We won't agree about 2 and 4 year old being allowed to play without adult supervision outside. Just not something I would do ever. Just the fact that they may wander into the street chasing a ball is enough for me. They are babies it is our job as adults to protect and watch over them.

Your fortunate that your living arrangement provides you with a safe house for kid to play outside.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Magenta flame;468783 wrote: Wow that's kinda sad.:(

What is?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Well,

Seems that Red Lake isn't as remote as I thought.

Red Lake High School massacre

The Red Lake High School massacre was a school massacre that took place on Monday, March 21, 2005 in which Jeffrey Weise, a student at Red Lake High School in Red Lake, Beltrami County, Minnesota, killed seven people including a teacher and a security guard. He had previously killed his grandfather and his grandfather's partner at home before going to school to commit the massacre. Seven others were wounded. When police cornered Weise inside the school, he shot and killed himself. Another student believed to be involved in planning the event was arrested one week after the shootings. He was charged with conspiracy to commit murder based on several email messages he exchanged with Jeff Weise which involved plans for the Red Lake High School massacre. The conspiracy charge was eventually dropped, though he pled guilty to transmitting threatening messages through the Internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Lake_H ... l_massacre
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

lady cop;467886 wrote: The area is mostly wetlands, lakes and woods. No tracks or broken ice had been found to suggest the boys went into the water, Jourdain said.

Water nearby in freezing temperatures, and they let their kids run around unattended.

I'm sorry, but no one is that stupid...

The more I think about this story the more I think the parents are involved...If not by immorality, by sheer stupidity.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I remember this KS not pretty. The house these two babies were at look remote to me at least from the arial shots I didn't see any surrounding homes.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;468856 wrote: I remember this KS not pretty. The house these two babies were at look remote to me at least from the arial shots I didn't see any surrounding homes.

Well my idea of remote is a house out by itself without another for miles...

Obviously Red Lake is at least a community...

So this doesn't rule out the possibility of abduction nearly as much as if it weren't, in my opinion.

But, even with the water being around, and for them to leave them unattended...It just baffles me how stupid people can be.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I agree something just not right with this case so far. :thinking:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

night 4 at below freezing temps....there is no way those little bodies could have survived hypothermia. there is no evidence, no clues. there is something very wrong. i am sure dogs have been brought in, tracker and cadaver. what the hell is going on??
valerie

Post by valerie »

MF, dirt IS contaminated. By toxoplasmosis for one thing, if there are

any cats around.

And just as an aside, wolves would NOT bother these 2 children.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

guppy

Post by guppy »

valerie;469165 wrote: MF, dirt IS contaminated. By toxoplasmosis for one thing, if there are

any cats around.

it is carried by wild birds too. that is what i got when i was seven or so. it took most of my sight. i have had numerous eye surgeries because of it.

in my left eye i am legally blind. only see colors. in my right i see about like this. take a circle and divide it down the middle. i see most ,but not all of what is on the left side. so i never quite see anything that well. i know i get caught staring sometimes because i have to look long and hard at faces in order to really see it. often i recognize people by their walks and mannerisms more than how they look. Dont ever let your kids play with wild birds, or around cats litter boxes. you can also pick it up if you eat pork that is not cooked untill done. between jra and toxo i spent more of my childhood in the hospital than out. be careful. :-2
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Magenta flame;469097 wrote: Tell me something KS If I lived in Africa, say in the Sahara for instance, what advice would you give me on looking after my children?

If I lived in the Swiss Alps what advice would you give?

I act upon certain circumstances that I am faced with, and as for anyone else, I wouldnt have any control over how others raise their children. Some can not watch a 2 and 4 year old kid, but now they are gone arent they.

Magenta flame;469097 wrote:

That's what I thought was sad.

Is the dirt in your back garden contaminated? I would assume that a parent would not have poisonous plants in their backyard. Kids eat plants too.

I wouldnt watch my kid eat dirt, and I wouldnt watch them eat plants, so no I wouldnt allow it to happen knowing it would if I werent watching them...its the parents job to watch their kids and keep them out of harms way. As I said before there are mushrooms around here that would kill an adult, so no I dont take a particular interest in gambling on my childs life, especially when nothing would be more important than to watch my 2 and 4 year old kid.

You can't allow your children out of your sight in a 'rural city'?

Not at 2 and 4 years old no, I'm sorry. I said before, if my child was about 6 and up I would allow them to play unattended, while being nearby, only in a fenced in area...around 8 to 10 they can play outside all they want, and by then will have been tought to never cross a road without looking and to be extraordinarily safe around roads.

I'm going to suppose you've never lived on a farm with dams and so forth?

No, whats that have to do with anything?

I'm not understanding where you are coming from. You seem to be able to cast judgement on a particularly nasty experience in in the life of these parents. You dont' live in those parts so how do you know what is safe and what isn't?

Yes that's right, why? ... because their kids are gone! They are gone! and it could have been avoided if all they would have done was watch their children...

People all over the world live how they live, it's not for a person outside that instance to judge.

Yes you are right, and that's why they are the ones looking for there damn children, whom if have been outside all of this time are dead.

That's not going to happen with my kid. So I suppose I'm the bad guy because of it then?
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

valerie;469165 wrote:

Uh, they are carnivores right? (Not trying to be antagonistic, but they hunat and eat meat in the wild -- perhaps you could explain why they wouldnt bother them)

But on a side note, Wolves in the area would still be a determining factor in not letting my 2 and 4 year old kid run around near them...

If I lived in that area, a privacy fence would be put up, and I would periodically check for any obstruction in and around it(Digging form wolves).
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

This is awful there isn't one clue, no tire treads, no tracks, no clothing NOTHING. Someone in this family isn't telling the truth. I'm beginning to think these kids were never playing in the back yard.

I agree Floppy look and #1 Dad, or all the parents they aren't telling the whole story. :mad:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

night 5. two babies. something is not passing the smell test.

Return to “Missing Children”