Missing Children Fed Laws and Programs

Discuss missing children, unsolved or suspicious deaths, and unidentified persons. Amber Alerts to be posted in the Amber Alert Forum only.
teramiabullfrog

Post by teramiabullfrog »

As a new member in this community I offer a challenge: go to your local Post Office and see if there's a display of missing children notices for the public to view and post your findings here (please include the town and zip-code). Reason: one of the heaviest annual federal funded programs to help find missing children (the "NALC/USPS CHILD ALERT PROGRAM) requires Postmasters from throughout the U.S. to make enough copies of the monthly printed "Postal Bulletins" (containing up to 20 photo/ids of missing children), printed by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), to distribute to every Post Office in their district. These Postal Bulletins are to be displayed for at least 30 days. One 501(c)(3) charitable organization, I'm familiar with, sent their volunteers through nine states and they stopped at over 2,000 Post Offices, only five had any type of missing children notices on display. If we want to find missing children it's imperative the annual federal funded programs be operated at the efficiency level they were intended, and are funded for. Another part of the NALC/USPS CHILD ALERT PROGRAM involves a "Broadcast FAX" sent to every Postmaster in an emergency missing child case - within 24 hours every Post Office in the country, or in a specific area, are to have the missing child's photo/id info posted. The previously mentioned nonprofit charity, sent volunteers out with flyers of the missing Groene children (Shasta and Dillon) from Idaho, last May, and they didn't find one flyer of those children in any Post Office, from the west coast of WA to ID. Dillon may still be alive if this program was operating at the level of efficiency it was intended.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I don't know how efficient or up to date it is, but it's there. Nobody seems to look at it, though. It has become just another decoration, and that's a shame. :(

Return to “Missing Children”