This is My Pet

Discussions about your pets!
Tombstone

This is My Pet

Post by Tombstone »

I like Parakeets. We lost our Parakeet recently - Pete - or Petie the Parakeet. Very lively little thing. I'm surprised how much we all missed him when he passed away....
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Peg

This is My Pet

Post by Peg »

I miss my cockateil Opie. He could whistle Mayberry and Dixie, would tell me how pretty he was, and would drink from under my tongue LOL. He got out one day, and we yelled for him and he flew right back to us. He died unexpectedly one day :(
Wren

This is My Pet

Post by Wren »

What a sweet little budgie. :) I used to have budgies years ago...I now have two cats. My favorite pets are definitely birds and cats.
pattybug52

This is My Pet

Post by pattybug52 »

what a cutie! They don't usually live that long do they? My niece raised all kinds of birds-thank god-when we had the Landers earthquake in calif all the birds in house woke me up right before it hit-was able to cover my head with a pillow and keep from being knocked unconcious from a 25 pound brass telescope that fell off the shelf. They also gave us warning before each and every aftershock-for almost 2 days! God love em! She had everything from parakeets to love birds, to finches, cockatiles-had like 20 of them in the living room where I was sleeping.
Peg

This is My Pet

Post by Peg »

What is a Java bird?
Bill Sikes

This is My Pet

Post by Bill Sikes »

Peg wrote: What is a Java bird?

It seems to be a finch. I thught it might have been a Myna, but no...
Bill Sikes

This is My Pet

Post by Bill Sikes »

plazul wrote: As I recall, they were light gray with black and maybe red markings. My memory is a little sketchy. They had short fat beaks and might be in the finch family.

They're really nice little things. I can buy such here in the Yook, however I'm

not sure I have a lifestyle compatible with looking after them.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”