crazy about my cats

Discussions about your pets!
Peg

crazy about my cats

Post by Peg »

We had 6 cats, but are now down to 3. I'm in a family of animal lovers. They love any kind of animals. We also have 2 rabbits, 2 dogs, and a fish. We've had everything from snakes, lizards, ferrets, hamsters, ducks, you name it. Unfortunately, it's not my choosing to have all these pets. I like animals when they belong to other people. It's just too much work to keep up with them all.
anastrophe

crazy about my cats

Post by anastrophe »

i grew up with cats ever present (and along the way, tortoises, guinea pigs, hamsters, and tropical fish). i'm just loopy about my kitty gracie, whom we got thirteen years ago, but i'm just as loopy about our 'pup' tamsen, who we got eleven years ago, and who is the first dog i've ever had. tamsen's a black&red german shepherd, and she is just the sweetest girl on the planet. she lost a front leg to cancer a year ago, and she's in her golden years, but she's doing remarkably well considering she's in the human-equivalent of her eighties.

gracie, on the other hand, was supposed to be dead years ago. it's a remarkable, odd story, and i codified it on my website some time ago.

you can read a bit about both of them, with purdy-pichurs, here:

http://www.anastrophe.com/world-o-pets.html
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
capt_buzzard

crazy about my cats

Post by capt_buzzard »

We alway's had cats and dogs. But I prefer a dog. I now have a greyhound+ Collie

with white sox.When we first got her from a famer down the county,my wife said she is a beauty. And we named her Beauty. I tell the guys about that I called her after the wife. :wah:
Tombstone

crazy about my cats

Post by Tombstone »

It's great to see all the animal lovers here. We have two dogs and three cats. (Plus some fish.) We keep the doors closed to keep other animals from joining the party. :-2

Our oldest dog is our Corgi. She is sweet and oh so faithful. She is about 7 years old now and doing great.

I also love cats. Our cats are wonderful too. One of them thinks he's a dog.

I take a walk through the woods at least two times a day (except for the winter!) and this particular cat comes with me and our two dogs. They all romp around like they are a pack of mini wolves. It's funny to watch.

I'll post a couple of photos of our Corgi. I'll also post another photo that I find amusing. This was taken during the first big snow of last year. She always likes to be "in the thick of things" - yet at her comfort. See if you can spot her in the second photo. :)

Attached files
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
anastrophe

crazy about my cats

Post by anastrophe »

Tombstone wrote:

I take a walk through the woods at least two times a day (except for the winter!) and this particular cat comes with me and our two dogs. They all romp around like they are a pack of mini wolves. It's funny to watch.

heh. i'd love to take a walk around my property twice a day. the problem is, it'd take all of fifteen seconds.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Tombstone

crazy about my cats

Post by Tombstone »

:)

Walk reeeeaaaaaalllll slow.

anastrophe wrote: heh. i'd love to take a walk around my property twice a day. the problem is, it'd take all of fifteen seconds.
capt_buzzard

crazy about my cats

Post by capt_buzzard »

Tombstone wrote: It's great to see all the animal lovers here. We have two dogs and three cats. (Plus some fish.) We keep the doors closed to keep other animals from joining the party. :-2

Our oldest dog is our Corgi. She is sweet and oh so faithful. She is about 7 years old now and doing great.

I also love cats. Our cats are wonderful too. One of them thinks he's a dog.

I'll post a couple of photos of our Corgi. I'll also post another photo that I find amusing. This was taken during the first big snow of last year. She always likes to be "in the thick of things" - yet at her comfort. See if you can spot her in the second photo. :)

Lovely, and I'm looking at that snow..WOW. We had no snow since 1987.
Tombstone

crazy about my cats

Post by Tombstone »

Luckily, it doesn't get too deep where we live. (Our elevation is 2500 feet / 762 meters.)

The mountains around us get a ton of snow so there is quite the active skiing, snow-shoeing, snowmobiling, winter camping, etc. environment around here.

Our Corgi loves the snow - and we have to rescue her every now and again because her legs are so short that she gets stuck. :p
capt_buzzard

crazy about my cats

Post by capt_buzzard »

anastrophe wrote: i grew up with cats ever present (and along the way, tortoises, guinea pigs, hamsters, and tropical fish). i'm just loopy about my kitty gracie, whom we got thirteen years ago, but i'm just as loopy about our 'pup' tamsen, who we got eleven years ago, and who is the first dog i've ever had. tamsen's a black&red german shepherd, and she is just the sweetest girl on the planet. she lost a front leg to cancer a year ago, and she's in her golden years, but she's doing remarkably well considering she's in the human-equivalent of her eighties.

gracie, on the other hand, was supposed to be dead years ago. it's a remarkable, odd story, and i codified it on my website some time ago.

you can read a bit about both of them, with purdy-pichurs, here:

http://www.anastrophe.com/world-o-pets.html

hmmm :wah:
Tombstone

crazy about my cats

Post by Tombstone »

Let's see....we are about 350 miles from the B.C. Glacier N.P. - about a 7 hour drive.

We are about 250 miles from Montana's Glacier N.P. - about a 5 hour drive.

plazul wrote: Off topic a bit, but how far are you from Glacier Park?
capt_buzzard

crazy about my cats

Post by capt_buzzard »

Here is one for Tombstone,

Cats are clever too
Paula

crazy about my cats

Post by Paula »

i am a cat lover also, but we don't have any, anymore, no time for them...i have had cats that would give you (5), cats that we dressed, and cats that talk to you, i love them...
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
KittylovingBlond

crazy about my cats

Post by KittylovingBlond »

I have been a cat lover since day one, and got my own cat for the first time when I was 10. He was my best friend and a wonderful pet- someone had abandoned he and his brother alongside the road in southern PA in the dead of winter.

(I still have trouble understanding why people do that...) So, the two of them were little sickies for the first year or so. We had to give them medication twice a day all through kittenhood.

My junior year in college, 11 years later, my kitty succumbed to his thyroid problem (after a sucessful surgery no less!), and left me devastated. I was depressed for months, and swore that I would never get another cat. I'm still not entirely sure how one is supposed to get over that kind of thing...but somehow I did. I guess pets are like our children, and when they die it's like losing part of yourself...very traumatizing. My parents still have his brother, who is alive and doing well- although mighty chubby!

After graduation, I got my own condo- and yes, I got myself a kitten. His name is Scout, and I couldn't have picked a more perfect kitty to share my home with. He's quite the rascal, but those sweet innocent eyes and the soft purr make it impossible for me to stay mad at him for any length of time. :o So, I'm glad to say that I've made a full recovery, and am delighted to have my new little boy!
Kitty :p
Paula

crazy about my cats

Post by Paula »

you can always depend on a cat to be there for you. people who leave them anywhere are heartless, it happens alot. Actually we have one that lives here named Albert, a yellow tiger with double paws, after the uncle who passed on. my mother-in law feeds him. One big cat. :)
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”