Bill of Rights for Animals?

Discussions about your pets!
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

yaaarrrgg;1286055 wrote: That's probably just the lead talkin' :)

PLoS ONE: Lead Bullet Fragments in Venison from Rifle-Killed Deer: Potential for Human Dietary Exposure

That's just more liberalbabble by the critter hugger crowd. Most of the meat I ate while growing up, and later, was killed by gunshot. I'm 70 now. Any health problems I have are from hard work, accident and booze. Nothing to do with lead. :p
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1286060 wrote: That's just more liberalbabble by the critter hugger crowd. Most of the meat I ate while growing up, and later, was killed by gunshot. I'm 70 now. Any health problems I have are from hard work, accident and booze. Nothing to do with lead. :pYou can't be so sure of that because there is so much still unknown and hidden concerning lead poisoning. This is from Medline plus.

Symptoms

There are many possible symptoms of lead poisoning. Lead can affect many different parts of the body. A single high dose of lead can cause severe emergency symptoms.

However, it is more common for lead poisoning to build up slowly over time. This occurs from repeated exposure to small amounts of lead. In this case, there may not be any obvious symptoms. Over time, even low levels of lead exposure can harm a child's mental development. The health problems get worse as the level of lead in the blood gets higher.

Lead is much more harmful to children than adults because it can affect children's developing nerves and brains. The younger the child, the more harmful lead can be. Unborn children are the most vulnerable.

Possible complications include:

* Behavior or attention problems

* Failure at school

* Hearing problems

* Kidney damage

* Reduced IQ

* Slowed body growth

The symptoms of lead poisoning may include:

* Abdominal pain and cramping (usually the first sign of a high, toxic dose of lead poison)

* Aggressive behavior

* Anemia

* Constipation

* Difficulty sleeping

* Headaches

* Irritability

* Loss of previous developmental skills (in young children)

* Low appetite and energy

* Reduced sensations

Very high levels of lead may cause vomiting, staggering walk, muscle weakness, seizures, or coma.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

yaaarrrgg;1286057 wrote: I was wondering the same thing. Cultures who live off nature (like the Native Americans) held nature in much higher regard ... they understood their dependence on it. "Rural" America depends more on the state than nature though.

That I partially true and partially myth.

When the native Indians use to hunt buffalo, they would often work the herd into a stampede and then drive them all over a cliff, a simple but effective way of hunting. There was none of that thanking of the animal’s spirit stuff that Hollywood like to project in the movies.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I still say thats a lot of BS. Not only did I eat tons of shot meat, I "mined" lead, melted it and cast it into bullets and reloaded my own ammo. For lots of years. I'll never believe a small hunk of lead can contaminate a whole deer or wild boar. I will believe people who spent their lives in cities on concrete get so attached to some worthless bag-of-hair lap critter that they boo-hoo over any animal being put to good use. Worse, they want every freakin body to feel that way.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1286067 wrote: I still say thats a lot of BS. Not only did I eat tons of shot meat, I "mined" lead, melted it and cast it into bullets and reloaded my own ammo. For lots of years. I'll never believe a small hunk of lead can contaminate a whole deer or wild boar. I will believe people who spent their lives in cities on concrete get so attached to some worthless bag-of-hair lap critter that they boo-hoo over any animal being put to good use. Worse, they want every freakin body to feel that way.And you don't want people to feel the same as you? Some people smoke for years and never develop any of the associated ill affects of it and some only smoke for a short while with opposite results. The question has to be: is it worth the risk now that the info is out there? Not for me its not. But I've been eating less meat for reasons mentioned and others.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

mikeinie;1286066 wrote: That I partially true and partially myth.

When the native Indians use to hunt buffalo, they would often work the herd into a stampede and then drive them all over a cliff, a simple but effective way of hunting. There was none of that thanking of the animal’s spirit stuff that Hollywood like to project in the movies.How are you so sure of the accuracy of that statement? Perhaps the natives would allow a few to go off the cliff and let the rest be, or was the act of the entire herd going off the cliff unavoidable and a result of "thats all they knew?"

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Come on... lead poisoning from a bullet???

I don’t think so.

:rolleyes:
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Ahso!;1286076 wrote: And you don't want people to feel the same as you? Some people smoke for years and never develop any of the associated ill affects of it and some only smoke for a short while with opposite results. The question has to be: is it worth the risk now that the info is out there? Not for me its not. But I've been eating less meat for reasons mentioned and others.

I don't give a rat's a$$ whether or not others feel as I do. I'm not force feeding them gunshot meat. And I'm not hiding in my house because of crime in the streets. I'm not avoiding people who smoke for fear of some sort of contamination. People who try to live in complete safety are cowards and live boring lives, IMO.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1286096 wrote: I don't give a rat's a$$ whether or not others feel as I do. I'm not force feeding them gunshot meat. And I'm not hiding in my house because of crime in the streets. I'm not avoiding people who smoke for fear of some sort of contamination. People who try to live in complete safety are cowards and live boring lives, IMO.Its not about the meat, its about spreading your message. Sure you care, otherwise you wouldn't be posting about it here and you wouldn't be so insistent that you don't. You believe you live a right life and those that live on cement don't, or else you would not have made that point. Just as evidence from smoking research has caused many people to stop smoking, the same may end up being said about this, thats all. Some will give a rat's a$$ and others won't. Thats their right, but at least they can have the information to choose, right? Thats what its all about being American, isn't it, the freedom to know and choose?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Ahso!;1286113 wrote: Its not about the meat, its about spreading your message. Sure you care, otherwise you wouldn't be posting about it here and you wouldn't be so insistent that you don't. You believe you live a right life and those that live on cement don't, or else you would not have made that point. Just as evidence from smoking research has caused many people to stop smoking, the same may end up being said about this, thats all. Some will give a rat's a$$ and others won't. Thats their right, but at least they can have the information to choose, right? Thats what its all about being American, isn't it, the freedom to know and choose?

If it's all about freedom, why is the freedom to smoke being so restricted? If it's about freedom, why all the fuss about critter rights, eating meat, and now lead bullets in meat? SOMEONE wants to restrict a lot of folk's freedoms, seems to me.:(
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1286141 wrote: If it's all about freedom, why is the freedom to smoke being so restricted? If it's about freedom, why all the fuss about critter rights, eating meat, and now lead bullets in meat? SOMEONE wants to restrict a lot of folk's freedoms, seems to me.:(You left out half of the equation - knowledge. We can only have freedom to make choices if we have the associated knowledge. As for smoking, people should have the freedom to live healthy lives without others infringing on that right, so public places are becoming smoke free. Go home and smoke if you want to, or find a suitable place that permits the activity.

Your problem it seems is you don't much like the fact that your habits are beginning to trip over science. Oh that F(*^)(*g science, right?:wah:

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

mikeinie;1286080 wrote: Come on... lead poisoning from a bullet???

I don’t think so.

:rolleyes:

What the study is looking at is explaining *why* hunters have elevated lead levels.

They are trying to identity another way the hunters are being exposed to lead. Yet another factor could be the the hunters handling lead bullets and picking their noses without washing their hands.

I don't think the study is saying a person cannot or should not not shoot an animal. In fact there's plenty of non-toxic ammo that could be used instead (isn't bismuth used?).

Does it sound like a good idea to cook meat on a lead skillet? It makes sense (to me) that we shouldn't be using poisoning metals in the preparation of our foods. You'd think that would be common sense, but the people who are eating this lead say otherwise. :)
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

yaaarrrgg;1286208 wrote: What the study is looking at is explaining *why* hunters have elevated lead levels.

They are trying to identity another way the hunters are being exposed to lead. Yet another factor could be the the hunters handling lead bullets and picking their noses without washing their hands.

I don't think the study is saying a person cannot or should not not shoot an animal. In fact there's plenty of non-toxic ammo that could be used instead (isn't bismuth used?).

Does it sound like a good idea to cook meat on a lead skillet? It makes sense (to me) that we shouldn't be using poisoning metals in the preparation of our foods. You'd think that would be common sense, but the people who are eating this lead say otherwise. :)They're so macho, those guys.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Ahso!;1286157 wrote: You left out half of the equation - knowledge. We can only have freedom to make choices if we have the associated knowledge. As for smoking, people should have the freedom to live healthy lives without others infringing on that right, so public places are becoming smoke free. Go home and smoke if you want to, or find a suitable place that permits the activity.

Your problem it seems is you don't much like the fact that your habits are beginning to trip over science. Oh that F(*^)(*g science, right?:wah:

Bars used to be a suitable place to smoke and people with a brain expected bars to be smokey. Then libs got their thongs in a knot about it. So, smokers moved outside to light up. Now, even that ain't good enough for the pissant b******s.

Science, you say? there is a lot of junk science out there pretending to be real.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1286219 wrote: Bars used to be a suitable place to smoke and people with a brain expected bars to be smokey. Then libs got their thongs in a knot about it. So, smokers moved outside to light up. Now, even that ain't good enough for the pissant b******s.

Science, you say? there is a lot of junk science out there pretending to be real.leave my thong out of this. At least I wear something.

Around here bars can still be smoking as long as no more than I think 20% of their sales are food.

Face it, you are just uncomfortable with change.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Ahso!;1286220 wrote: leave my thong out of this. At least I wear something.

Around here bars can still be smoking as long as no more than I think 20% of their sales are food.

Face it, you are just uncomfortable with change.

Now we can agree on something. I won't touch your thong and I am uncomfortable with all the change I saw so far.:(
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1286222 wrote: Now we can agree on something. I won't touch your thong and I am uncomfortable with all the change I saw so far.:(See that, leave it up to the liberal to find some middle ground.:)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Ahso!;1286224 wrote: See that, leave it up to the liberal to find some middle ground.:)

You knew you was beat so you quit.:p
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1286226 wrote: You knew you was beat so you quit.:pLove never quits, Hoppy.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

mikeinie;1286038 wrote: And is bluefin tuna so tasty that we need to pull them out of the ocean by the tons??

I boycotted Blue Fin Tuna some months ago. the numbers are decreasing rapidly.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Ahso!;1286157 wrote: You left out half of the equation - knowledge. We can only have freedom to make choices if we have the associated knowledge. As for smoking, people should have the freedom to live healthy lives without others infringing on that right, so public places are becoming smoke free. Go home and smoke if you want to, or find a suitable place that permits the activity.

Your problem it seems is you don't much like the fact that your habits are beginning to trip over science. Oh that F(*^)(*g science, right?:wah: When I light a Ciggerette, I don't get In my car and mow down an Innocent child.

An Example:

I was OUTSIDE my Docs surgery waiting to be called. He was running late so I went for a Cigg outside. A woman came out and objected to my smoking near the door. I politely told her that I would stand further away from the door. Then she got Into a 10 seater gas guzzler, revved her engine feet away from me, enveloping me in a haze of exhaust fumes. It was at this point I told her to F**K off.

Anyone who critisizes smokers are 9 times out of 10 damn hypocrites as this woman was.

The people who object to smoking are usually the one's who will run down a child In their car because they have had one to many to drink or dosed up on prescription drugs. Then they belch out their exhaust fumes polluting our planet yet with a smug over-tone because they don't smoke... Yeah.. well try walking to get your McDonalds next time.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

oscar;1286352 wrote: When I light a Ciggerette, I don't get In my car and mow down an Innocent child.

An Example:

I was OUTSIDE my Docs surgery waiting to be called. He was running late so I went for a Cigg outside. A woman came out and objected to my smoking near the door. I politely told her that I would stand further away from the door. Then she got Into a 10 seater gas guzzler, revved her engine feet away from me, enveloping me in a haze of exhaust fumes. It was at this point I told her to F**K off.

Anyone who critisizes smokers are 9 times out of 10 damn hypocrites as this woman was.

The people who object to smoking are usually the one's who will run down a child In their car because they have had one to many to drink or dosed up on prescription drugs. Then they belch out their exhaust fumes polluting our planet yet with a smug over-tone because they don't smoke... Yeah.. well try walking to get your McDonalds next time.

That is true with most people who have causes
BTS

Post by BTS »

Quote ahSo:

Symptoms

There are many possible symptoms of lead poisoning. Lead can affect many different parts of the body. A single high dose of lead can cause severe emergency symptoms.

However, it is more common for lead poisoning to build up slowly over time. This occurs from repeated exposure to small amounts of lead. In this case, there may not be any obvious symptoms. Over time, even low levels of lead exposure can harm a child's mental development. The health problems get worse as the level of lead in the blood gets higher.

Lead is much more harmful to children than adults because it can affect children's developing nerves and brains. The younger the child, the more harmful lead can be. Unborn children are the most vulnerable.

Possible complications include:

* Behavior or attention problems

* Failure at school

* Hearing problems

* Kidney damage

* Reduced IQ

* Slowed body growth

The symptoms of lead poisoning may include:

* Abdominal pain and cramping (usually the first sign of a high, toxic dose of lead poison)

* Aggressive behavior

* Anemia

* Constipation

* Difficulty sleeping

* Headaches

* Irritability

* Loss of previous developmental skills (in young children)

* Low appetite and energy

* Reduced sensations

Very high levels of lead may cause vomiting, staggering walk, muscle weakness, seizures, or coma.

Hey Hop:

I think ahSo posted his own symptoms?

I have used lead amunition for most of my life (started hunting in the mid 60's) and haven't had any of these symptons other than "Irritability" and that is only when I read all the attacks on our personal freedoms.

You know anything you put in or on your body has effects........

Example:

Are there any side effects or health complications associated with hormonal birth control?

There are a number of side effects and potential health risks associated with the use of hormonal contraceptives.

Weight gain

Increase or decrease in acne

Nausea and vomiting (particularly for the first few cycles)

Dizziness

Headaches

Depression

Vaginal infections

High blood pressure

Loss of libido

Blood clots in legs, lungs, heart or brain

Stroke

Liver tumors (rare)

Heart attacks

Gallstones (rare)

Jaundice (rare)

Possibly cervical cancer

Spotting and irregular vaginal bleeding

Longer periods

Amenorrhea for extend periods

Headaches

Anxiety and nervousness

Pain in lower abdominals

Dizziness

Loss of libido

Depression

Increase or decrease in acne

Skin rash or darkened patches of skin

Appetite changes

Weight gain

Tender breasts

Increase or decrease in facial and body hair

Possibly hair loss

Vaginal discharge

Bone density loss

Enlarged ovarian follicles

Pain or itching (usually for a brief period of time)

Norplant users: infection at the site of implantation

Ectopic pregnancy

Certain cancers

Common Side Effects for Combination Contraceptives

Less Common Serious Health Complications

Common Side Effects for Progestin Only Contraceptives

Less Common Serious Health Complications

"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

wow, has this thread moved way off topic..:rolleyes:
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Jazzy;1277697 wrote: Bill of Rights for Animals

1. All animals are born with an equal claim on life and the same rights to existence.

2. All animals are entitled to respect. Humanity as an animal species shall not arrogate to itself the right to exterminate or exploit other species. It is humanity's duty to use its knowledge for the welfare of animals. All animals have the right to the attention, care, and protection of humanity.

3. No animals shall be ill-treated or be subject to cruel acts.

4. All wild animals have the right to liberty in their natural environment, whether land, air, or water, and should be allowed to procreate. Deprivation of freedom, even for educational purposes, is an infringement of this right.

5. Animals of species living traditionally in a human environment have the right to live and grow at the rhythm and under the conditions of life and freedom peculiar to their species. Any interference by humanity with this rhythm or these conditions for purposes of gain is an infringement of this right.

6. All companion animals have the right to complete their natural life span. Abandonment of an animal is a cruel and degrading act.

7. Animal experimentation involving physical or psychological suffering is incompatible with the rights of animals, whether it be for scientific, medical, commercial, or any other form of research. Replacement methods must be used and developed.

8. No animal shall be exploited for the amusement of humanity. Exhibitions and spectacles involving animals are incompatible with their dignity.

9. Any act involving the wanton killing of the animals is biocide, that is, a crime against life.

10. Any act involving the mass killing of wild animals is genocide, that is, a crime against the species. Pollution or destruction of the natural environment leads to genocide.

My Question: Do you agree or disagree with this Bill of Rights for Animals? Why, or why not?

Let's get this thread back on track please. New question would be: Do you agree with the bill as a whole or are there sections of the bill you disagree with? If you disagree, what part of the bill do you disagree with and why?
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

I don’t disagree with it, I just don’t think that it can be done or enforced.

Where does it start and stop?

Farming?

Fisheries?

How about pets? If there is a bill of rights for animals should they not be free? Who are we think that we have the right to 'own' a pet?

What gives us the right to ‘own’ another creature? Therefore would all dogs, cats and other domestic animals have to be set free? I mean why is there a distinction between wild animals and domestic? Aren’t we the ones who made animals domestic? Why shouldn’t they fall under the bill of rights?

Too many variables.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

What about pet stores, business that make a profit from buying and selling other living creatures? It is like the slave trade.

They should all be shut down and all those tropical fish put back into the sea or lakes.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

mikeinie;1286461 wrote:

How about pets? If there is a bill of rights for animals should they not be free? Who are we think that we have the right to 'own' a pet?

What gives us the right to ‘own’ another creature? Therefore would all dogs, cats and other domestic animals have to be set free? I mean why is there a distinction between wild animals and domestic? Aren’t we the ones who made animals domestic? Why shouldn’t they fall under the bill of rights?

Too many variables.

As an animal lover this is a difficult question for me to answer. I agree with the Bill Of Rights for Animals but it brings up questions for me as well: What gives me the right to own an animal? Do I own an animal for selfish reasons? I own an Amazon parrot that I rescued. Did I really rescue her only to place her from a dirty cage to a clean one? I don't believe birds should be locked up in cages, they should be free to fly. I don't believe any animal should become "pets" as that's not what they were placed on earth for. As you can see, I'm having a hard time with this since most of my life I have devoted to rescuing and taking in abused animals. I know I have given them a loving home and provide to their every need but something deep inside just makes me wish they were free to be. I love my "zoo crew" and wouldn't give them up for anything but does that make what I'm doing right?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

When a bear will allow me to crap in the woods without getting mauled I will allow the bear its rights.:D
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I like rodeo's and probably would like bull fights. I used to hunt for meat and I see no reason to NOT exterminate rats. Hows that for starters?
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

YZGI;1286476 wrote: When a bear will allow me to crap in the woods without getting mauled I will allow the bear its rights.:D

Stay off their toilet and you'll be fine :)

Attached files
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

oscar;1286352 wrote: When I light a Ciggerette, I don't get In my car and mow down an Innocent child.

An Example:

You are correct that SUV's are just as bad.

So long as the cost of smokes include the cost of medical treatment to reverse the damage caused by smoking (cancer, stroke, heart disease, etc) ... and your bad health practices are not driving up health insurance costs for everyone else. it's no one else's business. :)

I would suspect though, other people are subsidizing the total cost of a person's health abuse. Since with the cost of medical treatment, I doubt there's a way to make smoking and treatment self-sufficient. A pack might have to be well over $100, to cover the cancer treatments alone.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

I think that when it comes to environmental issues and issues of the planet such as the way we treat each other and the other inhabitants of this planet we share, it comes down to this:

Intent

Your actions, are that out of love.

Yes you rescued that bird, and cared for it, and because of that it is better off.

The animals that you care for and love are part of your family; your intention is one of kindness and love. And that is the measurement we should use.

The objectives of most zoos are honorable ones. To preserve, protect and care for wild life and to share the knowledge with the general public so that they too can care.

Even in farming and fishing, there are humane ways of doing it where the care of the animal and even the transportation of the animals can be done so in a caring way. There are many farmers who have this ethic.

Poachers and those who treat animals with no dignity or respect only do so because first of all, they themselves have no regard for life, but more so do it because it is profitable and the reason for this is because there are others who despite the knowledge of the crimes, still pay to eat ‘bush meat’ or pay to get shark cartilage because they think it is some kind of medicine.

The actions of these people who pay is one of moral depravity, and they are no different that the people who abuse human rights and are involved in the activities of human trafficking and other disgraceful acts of inhumanity. They are no different than those who run the soulless businesses that continue to poor pollutants into the rivers and lakes, and hide behind the profits of Wall Street to justify their acts.

They hold no moral code, and no bill of rights, be it for animal or human can stop them.

So, don’t question your actions or convictions, it is people like you that bring positive change to the world. Continue to rescue the animals you care for, your calling in life is no less important than those who are called to rescue humans and go off to work in NGO’s and live by choice in the worst suffering areas of the world.

It is out of love.

Maybe there will be a bill of rights for animals one day.

Visionaries make change, and very few are visionaries.

Leaders make change, and very few are leaders.

There are hundreds of people who are willing to make change happen, but not lead, and there are hundreds of people who will fight change from happening and will stand against for no reason other than the fear of change

For everyone one person who yells ‘stop it, this is wrong’ there are thousands telling him/her to sit down and shut up.

Do I believe Bill of Rights should happen for animals? No, but would I support you if you tried to make it happen? Yes I would.

Because your intentions are good.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Jazzy;1286509 wrote: Stay off their toilet and you'll be fine :)
Finally, someone with some good advice.
Odie

Post by Odie »

YZGI;1286476 wrote: When a bear will allow me to crap in the woods without getting mauled I will allow the bear its rights.:D

-the bear was there first.

you invaded their space.;)
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

mikeinie;1286515 wrote: I think that when it comes to environmental issues and issues of the planet such as the way we treat each other and the other inhabitants of this planet we share, it comes down to this:

Intent

Your actions, are that out of love.

Yes you rescued that bird, and cared for it, and because of that it is better off.

The animals that you care for and love are part of your family; your intention is one of kindness and love. And that is the measurement we should use.

The objectives of most zoos are honorable ones. To preserve, protect and care for wild life and to share the knowledge with the general public so that they too can care.

Even in farming and fishing, there are humane ways of doing it where the care of the animal and even the transportation of the animals can be done so in a caring way. There are many farmers who have this ethic.

Poachers and those who treat animals with no dignity or respect only do so because first of all, they themselves have no regard for life, but more so do it because it is profitable and the reason for this is because there are others who despite the knowledge of the crimes, still pay to eat ‘bush meat’ or pay to get shark cartilage because they think it is some kind of medicine.

The actions of these people who pay is one of moral depravity, and they are no different that the people who abuse human rights and are involved in the activities of human trafficking and other disgraceful acts of inhumanity. They are no different than those who run the soulless businesses that continue to poor pollutants into the rivers and lakes, and hide behind the profits of Wall Street to justify their acts.

They hold no moral code, and no bill of rights, be it for animal or human can stop them.

So, don’t question your actions or convictions, it is people like you that bring positive change to the world. Continue to rescue the animals you care for, your calling in life is no less important than those who are called to rescue humans and go off to work in NGO’s and live by choice in the worst suffering areas of the world.

It is out of love.

Maybe there will be a bill of rights for animals one day.

Visionaries make change, and very few are visionaries.

Leaders make change, and very few are leaders.

There are hundreds of people who are willing to make change happen, but not lead, and there are hundreds of people who will fight change from happening and will stand against for no reason other than the fear of change

For everyone one person who yells ‘stop it, this is wrong’ there are thousands telling him/her to sit down and shut up.

Do I believe Bill of Rights should happen for animals? No, but would I support you if you tried to make it happen? Yes I would.

Because your intentions are good. Brilliant Post Mike.

You know... The deadliest virus on this planet is MAN. Man has brought about all that Is bad In the world... not animals.

You may know already but my thing is Foxes. Some months ago I posted a thread that I had taken my back yard and had It patio'd hoping to start up a Orphan Fox cub rescue. Nothing on a grand scale but it's big enough for me to take a few runs. Most things take time and I am very nearly at my goal and hoping to have my first orphan cubs very soon. I could write pages about why I love Foxes so much but I think It's because they get such a rough deal.

For example, I was on the phone to a Fox rescue centre in Kent only yesterday and they had a tiny cub brought in who was rescued by a passer by from a group of yobs kicking him around the road. He arrived covered in cuts and bruising and on full vetinary Inspection, was found to be stone deaf. Vixens have an In-built detection where they will abandon cubs that are not all there to survive In the wild. This cub was taken In by a deaf lady and she actually taught the little fella sign language to communicate.

I just don't understand any-one who has no respect for our fellow species. Were we not all created the same with the same rights?

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”