Discus fish

Discussions about your pets!
pink princess

Discus fish

Post by pink princess »

as well as being a golden retriever lover my partner and me also have a fish tank

we have 4 discus in it, 1 has laid eggs for the second time only for what we think is the dad to eat them again!! now ive looked round and can see that the female lays the eggs and then the male fertilizes them but is it possible that a female would lay eggs even if no male was present? or will she only lay if she knows theres a male to fertilize them??

thanks for your help :D
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
pink princess

Discus fish

Post by pink princess »

with all the new joiners weve had recently i dont suppose any of you are fish keepers? our female has laid eggs 3 times now and each time theyve eaten them all!!
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
valerie

Discus fish

Post by valerie »

What size tank do you have them in? The larger, the better, and

some natural plants might help. But probably the best of all if you're

able to do it, is after the eggs are fertilized, remove the dad. Because

even if he doesn't go after the eggs, he might eventually go after the

fry!! Sometimes the mom will, too, if she's stressed. Bigger tanks help

keep them from being too stressed, and ample food can help.

Good luck!!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”