pet doggies

Discussions about your pets!
pink princess

pet doggies

Post by pink princess »

i have 2 golden retrievers (well actully they were family dogs but ive moved out of home now so they are with my parents)

they are soooo beautiful, ones a boy and the others a girl, the boys called Sandy and is 11 years old and the girl is Lottie and 3 years old, the pair of them are wonderful and have such unique personalities, i would love to have one of my own but there wouldnt be anyone to look after it during the day so im gonna have to wait a while

most softly gentle cute fluffy dogs in the world and i love them to pieces!!!
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
BabyRider

pet doggies

Post by BabyRider »

Hey Pink! Goldens are my all-time A#1 favorite breed ever. Great dogs. Loyal, easy to train, dying to please...and wouldn't hurt a fly. My grandfather has owned Goldens for all his adult life. I grew up with them, running around the farm from dawn to dusk every summer.

And welcome to FG! I'm sure you have an intro around here somewhere, I just don't seem to see it. Enjoy! :yh_peace
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Bothwell

pet doggies

Post by Bothwell »

Black Ladrador, 3 years old called Rocky.

Always had Labs, no better dog, worst thing is I just had Rocky's registration through and I find out he is Welsh!!!! there's lovely
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
kensloft

pet doggies

Post by kensloft »

I have a black Staffordshire Terrier that is a cross between the British and American breeds. Spitting image of his dad and only a little bit smaller in width than his dad.

Highly intelligent breed.

Doesn't start fights but sure finishes them in a hurry.

Enjoys hanging around and meeting other dogs of any breed.

Sweet, loves people and has a nose for bad guys or girls. These are whole other stories.

Unfortunately, the wrong people get their hands on them and use their loyalty factor to intimidate and attack their enemies. They get put down and the bozo that owns it gets another to replace it. People are afraid of them because of these idiots.

He makes lots of friends because after meeting him a few times you realize that he is a loving animal.
BabyRider

pet doggies

Post by BabyRider »

Far too many breeds get a bad name because of bad owners. People who don't understand or are misinformed believe that ALL dogs of certain breeds are viscious. It's a damn shame. Any dog, any breed, raised from puppyhood with care and gentleness can be a great dog. It's all on the owners, not the breeds.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

anastrophe

pet doggies

Post by anastrophe »

with all due respect, all of you people are delusional. german shepherds are the finest dogs on earth, and our german shepherd Tamsen is the finest specimen of the finest breed of dog on earth.

this can be confirmed. please review the following:

http://www.anastrophe.com/results.html

so there.

:yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
anastrophe

pet doggies

Post by anastrophe »

BabyRider wrote: Far too many breeds get a bad name because of bad owners. People who don't understand or are misinformed believe that ALL dogs of certain breeds are viscious. It's a damn shame. Any dog, any breed, raised from puppyhood with care and gentleness can be a great dog. It's all on the owners, not the breeds.
(and getting back to being serious), absolutely right. German Shepherds have an undeserved reputation for viciousness. What they are guilty of is simply doing what they've been taught. A dog doesn't know the color of your skin - at least it doesn't know about racism. The Shepherds used in the south on black protesters sadly gave some people the notion that german shepherds really are racist. or their use by the nazi's.

our shepherd Tamsen is incredibly gentle. unbelievably gentle.

one of my cousins had a doberman pinscher when she was a teen (twenty five some odd years ago). 'stafford' was the biggest sweetheart you could ever know. heart of gold. and this was back during the time when doby's were very much in fashion as guard dogs.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
pink princess

pet doggies

Post by pink princess »

retrievers are the best!! :p :)

but then im a tad biased!! have seen some very cure german sheppards tho, love them when their fur is all fluffy!!
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
BabyRider

pet doggies

Post by BabyRider »

Another common breed misconception: Akitas. People think since these dogs are protective of their families and were once used to hunt bear, they are mean. What not many people know is the Japanese use them as baby sitters.

German sheperds are a great breed, too, Anastrophe. Very versatile. Great guard dogs and leader dogs and search-and-rescue dogs. Not to mention wonderful family pets. It's all in their raising.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

smithy87

pet doggies

Post by smithy87 »

BabyRider wrote: Another common breed misconception: Akitas. People think since these dogs are protective of their families and were once used to hunt bear, they are mean. What not many people know is the Japanese use them as baby sitters.

German sheperds are a great breed, too, Anastrophe. Very versatile. Great guard dogs and leader dogs and search-and-rescue dogs. Not to mention wonderful family pets. It's all in their raising.

My neighbour has an Akita and he is the most beautiful dog I've ever seen (well apart from mine). He plays with the kids when they're playing football and cries when he sees me because I always give him a treat.

I have a black and white Shitzuh called Molly. She's a little cutey who's treated like one of the kids and spoilt rotten. But she's a little yappy dog who barks no matter whether you're coming in the house or leaving. She's frightened of cats (lost a few fights with them) but mixes well with other dogs big or small. She actually came face to face with a St Bernard not long ago and compared to it she looked like a little rat, but it didn;t faze her she had a sniff and then toddled off
Jika

pet doggies

Post by Jika »

A dedication to my hound Oscar...........

He is your friend, your partner, your defender,your dog.

You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true.

To the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~Anonymous

Attached files
minks

pet doggies

Post by minks »

Border Collie thank you very much

gorgeous

briliant

loyal

happy dogs.

Funny thing I don't own one currently, I am stuck with my silly Miniature American Eskimo. He is one hairy and crazed dog, darn fine watch dog and loves to play with my kitten mind you, but is as unpredictable as heck, can't be trusted around the kids as he takes loud play as agression and he becomes aggressive right back. So I train the kids to take the rough stuff outside and I keep dumbo inside. (the ex bought the dog a number of years ago and decided he didn't want it when he left, being the tender heart I am, I am raising the silly beast)
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
devist8me

pet doggies

Post by devist8me »

I've got a rot/chow mix, with maybe a little german shepard thrown in. My husband had him when we met and quickly adopted him. He's 11 years old and his name is Kaden. He sounds like he might be a mean mix but he's actually a 60lb lap dog. Very mild mannered and fun to play with, yet sounds big and mean on the other side of a door. As soon as he sniffs you though, he is fine. It will be rough someday when he passes on.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
minks

pet doggies

Post by minks »

devist8me wrote: I've got a rot/chow mix, with maybe a little german shepard thrown in. My husband had him when we met and quickly adopted him. He's 11 years old and his name is Kaden. He sounds like he might be a mean mix but he's actually a 60lb lap dog. Very mild mannered and fun to play with, yet sounds big and mean on the other side of a door. As soon as he sniffs you though, he is fine. It will be rough someday when he passes on.

I used to own a border collie corgie mix cute as could be that one, and used to own a lab rettreiver/newfie cross that weighed 120lbs. Kids would come up to me and ask can I pet your dog, I would say, please pet the large one as the little one is old, cranky, and blind. She had a tendancy to move quickly when touched and people would mistake her movements for aggression and being the smaller of the 2 most folks gravitated to her. However, old jumbo he was the push over, he loved everyone and he loved to be patted and would sit nicely and loll about when loved but folks tended to avoid him. Funny how people have to be taught hehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”