making you feel badly

Discussions about your pets!
minks

making you feel badly

Post by minks »

how badly has your pet ever made you feel?

Cat-o-satan was crawling all over me at the computer here I had my plate of spagetti next to me on the desk and was mulit tasking, FG, uploading pics and talkin on the telephone and he is jumping all over trying to get to my food. So a shooshed him away a number of times. Finally to get my attention, the begger leaps over the back of the chair and velcro's himself to my back soooo I leaned back and pinned him there and smacked his paw and called him bad, and pushed him off the chair. He went straight to the corner behind me, and sat with his back to me and faced the corner. He refused to look at me. He just put his nose up and looked into the corner.

Oiy I felt so darn bad, then he came skulking into my lap and there he lies happy as a lark.

Darn beasties they sure know how to yank our chains.

Anyone else ever fall victim to pet guilt hehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
David813

making you feel badly

Post by David813 »

Minks I know what you mean! Not long ago while making my bed I thrust the blankets in the air to fit them and my little sweetie kittycat went flying through the air with them! Poor sweetie was burrowed under them and I flung her 6ft into the air! She came crashing down on my dresser and scurried off wildly. For a week she sat on the floor staring into the baseboard of the bedroom, likely wondering what on Earth she ever did to deserve such treatment. I'll never forgive myself!!
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
Bullet

making you feel badly

Post by Bullet »

I love cats........deep fried and BBQ'd. I bet Satan has a pet cat. But all pets try our patience. I know my dogs have in the past. Even a pet snake I used to have, a Ball Python. I had him wraped around my neck and he would give me little snake kisses and then one day he crawled inside my shirt and took a crap. I washed my clothes about 10 times and could not get the smell out.
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
minks

making you feel badly

Post by minks »

David813 wrote: Minks I know what you mean! Not long ago while making my bed I thrust the blankets in the air to fit them and my little sweetie kittycat went flying through the air with them! Poor sweetie was burrowed under them and I flung her 6ft into the air! She came crashing down on my dresser and scurried off wildly. For a week she sat on the floor staring into the baseboard of the bedroom, likely wondering what on Earth she ever did to deserve such treatment. I'll never forgive myself!!

Awwe David kitty likely forgives you so go on forgive yourself. I do sympathize mind you, Ringo is still eyeing my suspiciously here. :confused:

― Mae West
minks

making you feel badly

Post by minks »

Bullet wrote: I love cats........deep fried and BBQ'd. I bet Satan has a pet cat. But all pets try our patience. I know my dogs have in the past. Even a pet snake I used to have, a Ball Python. I had him wraped around my neck and he would give me little snake kisses and then one day he crawled inside my shirt and took a crap. I washed my clothes about 10 times and could not get the smell out.

Bullet Bullet Bullet you compasionate thing you, me thinks you got what you deserved from old snakey poo after saying such a horrid thing about kats hehehehehe

― Mae West
David813

making you feel badly

Post by David813 »

Bullet wrote: I love cats........deep fried and BBQ'd. I bet Satan has a pet cat. But all pets try our patience. I know my dogs have in the past. Even a pet snake I used to have, a Ball Python. I had him wraped around my neck and he would give me little snake kisses and then one day he crawled inside my shirt and took a crap. I washed my clothes about 10 times and could not get the smell out.
Good for the Ball python!! :wah:
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

lady cop

making you feel badly

Post by lady cop »

remember this David? :D here, kitty kitty.....

Attached files
minks

making you feel badly

Post by minks »

tmbsgrl wrote: Pets can make you feel really bad. When we yell at our dog she just looks up at us with these puppy eyes and sinks us right in. When we yell at our Cat she goes into the other room and Meows really loud... Like she is crying. Then when you call her she jumps on you like she is so happy she is not in trouble anymore..

Not much different from kids really hehehehe

― Mae West
minks

making you feel badly

Post by minks »

lady cop wrote: remember this David? :D here, kitty kitty.....

a rather sad pic that is....

― Mae West
lady cop

making you feel badly

Post by lady cop »

awwww....it was just a joke!
David813

making you feel badly

Post by David813 »

lady cop wrote: remember this David? :D here, kitty kitty.....

LC I want that photo!!! I might have to give you my email addy on PM!! (You better NOT be an anti-cat person!!)

BabyRider

making you feel badly

Post by BabyRider »

I have dealt with pet guilt more than once, but the one time that sticks in my mind is when I came home from work one day to find my dog, Bogey, hiding under a chair. I wanted to check her out, because she was always at the door, jumping and happy to see me when I got home. I called her, got out the treats, coaxed, threatened, and nothing. She would NOT come out. So I reached under to drag her out and she bit me. Instant reaction was to grab her head and pin her into a submissive position, which I did. She relented immediately, and I yanked her out, pissed that my own dog had bit me. After about 5 seconds of yelling and intimidation, I realized what was wrong. I had left my keys out where she could get to them, and had a spray can of mace on the chain. She had become bored, started chewing on the canister, punctured it, and maced herself. Yep, I felt like a heel for a week. Dog wouldn't go near a set of keys ever again.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

minks

making you feel badly

Post by minks »

lady cop wrote: awwww....it was just a joke!

I know.

Tis just a pic that one could take the wrong way hehehehe, I have seen it in the past and did laugh at it.

― Mae West
minks

making you feel badly

Post by minks »

BabyRider wrote: I have dealt with pet guilt more than once, but the one time that sticks in my mind is when I came home from work one day to find my dog, Bogey, hiding under a chair. I wanted to check her out, because she was always at the door, jumping and happy to see me when I got home. I called her, got out the treats, coaxed, threatened, and nothing. She would NOT come out. So I reached under to drag her out and she bit me. Instant reaction was to grab her head and pin her into a submissive position, which I did. She relented immediately, and I yanked her out, pissed that my own dog had bit me. After about 5 seconds of yelling and intimidation, I realized what was wrong. I had left my keys out where she could get to them, and had a spray can of mace on the chain. She had become bored, started chewing on the canister, punctured it, and maced herself. Yep, I felt like a heel for a week. Dog wouldn't go near a set of keys ever again.

Oiy Arrow straight though your heart there BR.

― Mae West
minks

making you feel badly

Post by minks »

tmbsgrl wrote: Yes they are just like kids.. Ours are spoiled just as bad as our daughter.

and ain't that our mission in life as parents and pet owners??

love em all and give em your heart.

― Mae West
lady cop

making you feel badly

Post by lady cop »

minks wrote: I know.

Tis just a pic that one could take the wrong way hehehehe, I have seen it in the past and did laugh at it.i have a twisted (read "cop") sense of humor! i raised german shepards in the past, love all animals. well, except spiders and scorpions. the WORST was my kids had a baby bunny. it was hopping around the kitchen and i didn't see it, i STEPPED on it and squished it, it was horrible! my sons were screaming, i was crying, oh god it was awful . :-1
minks

making you feel badly

Post by minks »

lady cop wrote: i have a twisted (read "cop") sense of humor! i raised german shepards in the past, love all animals. well, except spiders and scorpions. the WORST was my kids had a baby bunny. it was hopping around the kitchen and i didn't see it, i STEPPED on it and squished it, it was horrible! my sons were screaming, i was crying, oh god it was awful . :-1

Oiy I would be bawling like a 2 year old if I stepped on any animal..... spiders!! Did I mention the bugs I held on vacation in my updates, the scorpion was kinda cool as was the tarantula and the best was the preying mantis wahoo girl you only gotta understand them and you realize they aren't so bad.

I too love animals but most sadly make me sick, Cat-o-satan really stirs up my allergies, and I used to own a horse who made me ill but hey I love animals ahahahaha Spiders too.

― Mae West
kensloft

making you feel badly

Post by kensloft »

My Staffordshire decides when it is time to go for an outing. He comes up behind me and shoves my arm into the air to let me know that the time is at hand. Usually I get a little frustrated but continue erasing the mistakes he has created and by the time everything is repaired he does it again.

If I am not fast enough he begins to whine and dance. I am sure that I see him going from one leg to the other feigning a big whizz is needed.

If this fails to get me moving he then uses his bark which is startlingly loud. I've seen many people jump, when he does it, because they can't believe any dog could bark that loudly. He becomes quite persistent and if I hope to get anything done at all means that we are out the door with him dragging me behind him for the next quarter mile.

Just to prove his point after the walk he sniffs at about anything and everything that'll buy him time in the outdoors. The walk home is a slow motion of the out the door character that I started with in the first place. :rolleyes:
minks

making you feel badly

Post by minks »

and who said animals were not controlling us humans???

― Mae West
kensloft

making you feel badly

Post by kensloft »

minks wrote: and who said animals were not controlling us humans???
Definitely not me!
koan

making you feel badly

Post by koan »

My cat ate my daughter's hamster.

I had shut the door to keep the animals out and didn't realize the brat was hiding under the bed. Don't know if it was quite guilt that I felt.
minks

making you feel badly

Post by minks »

koan wrote: My cat ate my daughter's hamster.

I had shut the door to keep the animals out and didn't realize the brat was hiding under the bed. Don't know if it was quite guilt that I felt.

Oh boy I would have shriveled up in a corner and bawled like a baby at that incident :(

Hope you are recovering from the incident and aren't taking it to hard :) (((Huggs))) hehehehe

I think we need a pet owners guilt therapy group started hehehehe

― Mae West
Jives

making you feel badly

Post by Jives »

OH. MY.GOD! I wanted to strangle my little kitty the other night, he got up at 4:00 am and started going bonkers. i couldn't get back to sleep and I had a 14 hour day to teach the next day!!! Grrr!

Little "Neo" looks like this:

Attached files
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
minks

making you feel badly

Post by minks »

Jives wrote: OH. MY.GOD! I wanted to strangle my little kitty the other night, he got up at 4:00 am and started going bonkers. i couldn't get back to sleep and I had a 14 hour day to teach the next day!!! Grrr!

Little "Neo" looks like this:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that Neo is a cutie Jives :) If I knew how to post pics here I would share Cat-o-Satan too but I am a bit dense and lazy lately. I have never owned a kitten or cat in my life so this is so new to me to have Ringo about, and he loves my dog Kokanee :) I discovered Ringo/Cat-o-Satan deserved the brush off the other nite cause when I checked out my back the next day I have 4 perfectly spaced prick marks on my back from where the one claw did the ultra-velcro to my back. So I shant feel bad about sending to his corner. hgwehehehehehe

― Mae West
smithy87

making you feel badly

Post by smithy87 »

My dog Molly is disgusted with me because we're having our house re-decorated and have no carpet down for her to sit down on. She's moved in with my mother-in-law a few doors up because she's so traumatised by the disruption. What an awful mother I am........

If she's ever naughty and I tell her to come to me for a telling off, she saunters across the room taking her time, has a stretch along the way and then stands in front of me as if to say 'yeah?'. She looks like a cocky teenager and then when I've told her off she yawns and wanders back off. I'm sure if she couls give me the V's behind my back she would.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”