Drugs dangerous to our pets

Discussions about your pets!
Odie

Post by Odie »

I'm glad it never said polysporin was dangerous, this has worked wonders for little cuts, nicks and scratches on my cats......and it soothes the area.

anyone else tried it?
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

valerie;1023844 wrote: We actually might have a list of some kind around here but I'm

posting this because it has a couple on it I personally did not know

about:

Drugs

This is interesting and i hope to find one for our British pet owners.

Found some.

http://terra4incognita.wordpress.com/20 ... -for-dogs/

I remember once racing my pup years ago to the vet when i found him with a half eaten packet of codiene and paracetomol. I thought he'd surely die but the vet said, no panic, as they give it to dogs with arthritis.

It taught me a lesson though and now with a new small pup in the house, we keep all medicine's in a cabinet high up.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Yanna has been on anti siezure meds for over 2 years. She has epilepsy. SHE IS FAT ....FAT.... FAT... and getting FATTER!!!!. I'm worried about her health and our Doc says feed her less. DANG!!! I'm practically starving her and she keeps gaining 5 pounds every 2 months!!!She has started growling at the other dogs over feeding time and bowls. This is NOT GOOD. I donot know what to do. HELP if you can.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Odie

Post by Odie »

nvalleyvee;1068395 wrote: Yanna has been on anti siezure meds for over 2 years. She has epilepsy. SHE IS FAT ....FAT.... FAT... and getting FATTER!!!!. I'm worried about her health and our Doc says feed her less. DANG!!! I'm practically starving her and she keeps gaining 5 pounds every 2 months!!!She has started growling at the other dogs over feeding time and bowls. This is NOT GOOD. I donot know what to do. HELP if you can.

try googling 'epilepsy in dogs', it will be packed full of information....some of vets are not up to new methods.
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1068382 wrote: This is interesting and i hope to find one for our British pet owners.

Found some.

Things That Are Dangerous For Dogs « Sherry’s Place

I remember once racing my pup years ago to the vet when i found him with a half eaten packet of codiene and paracetomol. I thought he'd surely die but the vet said, no panic, as they give it to dogs with arthritis.

It taught me a lesson though and now with a new small pup in the house, we keep all medicine's in a cabinet high up.

we have always treated the cats like they were kids, everything is out of reach.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

nvalleyvee;1068395 wrote: Yanna has been on anti siezure meds for over 2 years. She has epilepsy. SHE IS FAT ....FAT.... FAT... and getting FATTER!!!!. I'm worried about her health and our Doc says feed her less. DANG!!! I'm practically starving her and she keeps gaining 5 pounds every 2 months!!!She has started growling at the other dogs over feeding time and bowls. This is NOT GOOD. I donot know what to do. HELP if you can.

Can you answer a few questions? And maybe, I might have some idea's,

How old is Yanna?

Do you feed other dogs with her?

How many times a day do you feed her?

Do you use tinned meat?

Do you give her titbits?

At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”