Name suggestions

Discussions about your pets!
buttercup

Name suggestions

Post by buttercup »

We might be having a foster doggie to stay for a while soon. She has no name so i thought you might like to help me choose one?

Sorry i dont have a photo but if you can imagine a brown wolfie looking girl you'd be on the right track. All suggestions gratefully recieved :-4
spot

Name suggestions

Post by spot »

Ayesha.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
buttercup

Name suggestions

Post by buttercup »

oooh i like that :-4

Was there a film with a queen in it called Ayesha who had eternal life or something to that effect?
spot

Name suggestions

Post by spot »

And, indeed, an adventure book by H Rider Haggard. Called "She".
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
buttercup

Name suggestions

Post by buttercup »

Was it Ursula Andress?
spot

Name suggestions

Post by spot »

buttercup;1016804 wrote: Was it Ursula Andress?

Oh there was a far far grander more spectacular version than the Peter Cushing one. It was the original Hollywood actor-turned-politician Helen Gehagan, who ended up representing California in the House of Representatives after the war. Tom Lehrer mentions her.

qsducks

Name suggestions

Post by qsducks »

How about Autumn or does that sound to hokey?
southern yankee

Name suggestions

Post by southern yankee »

how about Hobo
Patsy Warnick

Name suggestions

Post by Patsy Warnick »

My first thought was "Turner", as in Tina Turner for all the hair.

??? Patsy
RedGlitter

Name suggestions

Post by RedGlitter »

Winnetka.

Chillicothe.

Wanbdi.

?

Something regal. :)
abbey

Name suggestions

Post by abbey »

Buttercup's a nice name.
Chezzie

Name suggestions

Post by Chezzie »

Bonnie

Flora

Freya

Kylah

Flossy

Misha

Sable

Sasha

My kids thought of those:-4
buttercup

Name suggestions

Post by buttercup »

spot;1016798 wrote: Ayesha.

I slept on it Spot as i think its a lovely name & then it occured to me that when the dogs are off lead & i call them - Ayesha & Kiesha sound too similar if i just want to attract one's attention.

qsducks;1016830 wrote: How about Autumn or does that sound to hokey?

I'm trying to picture calling this out over a field, have to sleep on that one but the name matches the colours of her coat so good choice, thanks.

southern yankee;1016833 wrote: how about Hobo

A hobo is a tramp in the u.k SY but thanks.

Patsy Warnick;1016900 wrote: My first thought was "Turner", as in Tina Turner for all the hair.

??? Patsy

Nice name but maybe better suited to a male dog Patsy? This is a very pretty little girl.

RedGlitter;1016956 wrote: Winnetka.

Chillicothe.

Wanbdi.

?

Something regal. :)

Excellent choices for Affix or pedigree name, dont know so much for pet name as i'm going to have to call this out quite loud at certain points. I like the thought of something indian tho.

abbey;1016966 wrote: Buttercup's a nice name.

Again Abbz i have to shout this out to call the dog back, its a long name & i doubt whoever takes her on permanent would keep it so maybe best stick to something short. Abbey is short hmmmmmm
buttercup

Name suggestions

Post by buttercup »

Chezzie;1016968 wrote: Bonnie

Flora

Freya

Kylah

Flossy

Misha

Sable

Sasha

My kids thought of those:-4

Wow tell your kids thank you very much, i like Freya, Misha & Sable best.

Maybe i should do a poll in a few days of 10 names members have come up with & see who wins :D
abbey

Name suggestions

Post by abbey »

buttercup;1016971 wrote:

Again Abbz i have to shout this out to call the dog back, its a long name & i doubt whoever takes her on permanent would keep it so maybe best stick to something short. Abbey is short hmmmmmm
Tis true, I am somewhat vertically challenged but why bring my height into it? :wah:
littlemissgiggle

Name suggestions

Post by littlemissgiggle »

what about Ebony

i imagine a dark brown with bits of sandy colour. :-4
spot

Name suggestions

Post by spot »

buttercup;1016971 wrote: I slept on it Spot as i think its a lovely name & then it occured to me that when the dogs are off lead & i call them - Ayesha & Kiesha sound too similar if i just want to attract one's attention.Whatever you do you can't shout it out in an open space. Aisha (same sound, different spelling) was the favourite wife of the Prophet Mohammed, peace be unto him, and you've no idea the stir you'd cause if some people thought you'd named a dog after her.
kazalala

Name suggestions

Post by kazalala »

Honey

Stella

Coco

Sindy

Lizzie

Rosie

:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Name suggestions

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1016794 wrote: We might be having a foster doggie to stay for a while soon. She has no name so i thought you might like to help me choose one?

Sorry i dont have a photo but if you can imagine a brown wolfie looking girl you'd be on the right track. All suggestions gratefully recieved :-4

Fozzydog
Life is just to short for drama.
RedGlitter

Name suggestions

Post by RedGlitter »

Lots of good suggestions happening here.

Buttercup, are you looking for something cute or something pretty? Or does it matter? You might could name her after the Irish pirate queen Grainne (Gron-ya)...or after the opera character, Tosca.

Cheyenne is a good wolfy type name...

Tulsa

Ursa

How about DeChelly? Pronounced "Deh-shay?" It's the name of a canyon out here where Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (outlaws) hid out.

Ella is a nice one, or Elsa.

If I think of more I'll be back. It's always fun how you include us in things, like your wedding music and now naming your dog. :)
buttercup

Name suggestions

Post by buttercup »

littlemissgiggle;1017022 wrote: what about Ebony

i imagine a dark brown with bits of sandy colour. :-4

Oooooooooh i like that

kazalala;1017112 wrote: Honey

Stella

Coco

Sindy

Lizzie

Rosie

:D

I love Coco

Odie;1017141 wrote: Fozzydog

:wah:

RedGlitter;1017277 wrote: Lots of good suggestions happening here.

Buttercup, are you looking for something cute or something pretty? Or does it matter? You might could name her after the Irish pirate queen Grainne (Gron-ya)...or after the opera character, Tosca.

Cheyenne is a good wolfy type name...

Tulsa

Ursa

How about DeChelly? Pronounced "Deh-shay?" It's the name of a canyon out here where Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (outlaws) hid out.

Ella is a nice one, or Elsa.

If I think of more I'll be back. It's always fun how you include us in things, like your wedding music and now naming your dog. :)

Oooooh now i love Cheyanne, DeChelly & Ella. I will post a poll in a few days with the best one's out of the suggestions, your doing a great job guys :D:-4
southern yankee

Name suggestions

Post by southern yankee »

buttercup;1016971 wrote: I slept on it Spot as i think its a lovely name & then it occured to me that when the dogs are off lead & i call them - Ayesha & Kiesha sound too similar if i just want to attract one's attention.

I'm trying to picture calling this out over a field, have to sleep on that one but the name matches the colours of her coat so good choice, thanks.

A hobo is a tramp in the u.k SY but thanks.

Nice name but maybe better suited to a male dog Patsy? This is a very pretty little girl.

Excellent choices for Affix or pedigree name, dont know so much for pet name as i'm going to have to call this out quite loud at certain points. I like the thought of something indian tho.

Again Abbz i have to shout this out to call the dog back, its a long name & i doubt whoever takes her on permanent would keep it so maybe best stick to something short. Abbey is short hmmmmmm you said the pup was homeless. Thought it may fit. When Red Skelton played a Hobo on his show. He was such a sweet man.:)

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”