Louisiana Smartens Up! Bans Cockfighting!

Discussions about your pets!
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

From the Humane Society of the United States:

"Cockfighting is now outlawed in all 50 states, and cockfighters cannot go to any state to find refuge for this practice. It is time for Louisiana cockfighters to recognize the rule of law and to abandon this barbaric hobby. Our society will tolerate this conduct no longer" said Wayne Pacelle (HSUS President & CEO).

Louisiana Bans Cockfighting

"Cockfighting is now outlawed in all 50 states, and cockfighters cannot go to any state to find refuge for this practice. It is time for Louisiana cockfighters to recognize the rule of law and to abandon this barbaric hobby. Our society will tolerate this conduct no longer" said Wayne Pacelle (HSUS President & CEO).

Louisiana became the 50th and final state to ban cockfighting, but because of a provision, the new legislation was not officially implemented until August 15, 2008. Now both cockfighting and dogfighting are crimes in Louisiana and are punishable by jail time and fines. As part of the plan to curb cockfighting, The HSUS is offering up to $5000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of any person involved in illegal animal fighting. More information on the reward program is below:

Animal Fighting Reward Program

* If you have information about illegal animal fighting in Louisiana, call your local law enforcement or animal control agency. If you wish to remain anonymous, let the agent to whom you give your tip know that you do not want your identity released to the public but are interested in The HSUS's reward. Make sure to note the officer's name.

* If the suspected animal fighter is convicted, ask the law enforcement agency involved in the case to write a letter to The HSUS. The letter should state that your tip helped lead to the arrest and prosecution of the convicted animal fighter and should be mailed or faxed to:

Animal Fighting Reward Program

c/o Ann Chynoweth

The Humane Society of the United States

2100 L St. NW Washington, DC 20037

Fax: 301-721-6414
Odie

Post by Odie »

FINALLY.............lets not draw any more bloodshed......

thing is, people will still do this without officials finding out.
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

To commemorate the moment, would you like to contrast the comparative suffering involved between cockfighting and skinning animals alive? I'm trying to decide whether you're mammal-centred or whether birds are on a par.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;969611 wrote: To commemorate the moment, would you like to contrast the comparative suffering involved between cockfighting and skinning animals alive? I'm trying to decide whether you're mammal-centred or whether birds are on a par.

what are you talking about?
Life is just to short for drama.
librtyhead

Post by librtyhead »

My ant farm is safe .....but my fighting Praying Mantis may be in trouble.
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;969617 wrote: what are you talking about?

Both threads being top of Today's Posts at the same time.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”