Little Swimmers

Discussions about your pets!
Chezzie

Little Swimmers

Post by Chezzie »

Been and picked up the fish today for my girls.

They picked 4 coldwater fish each.:-4

Eldest wanted an albino frog too but they grew too large and can try and jump out of the tank so she picked a weather loach instead.:D

Ill post them in two seperate threads and tell you their names:rolleyes:
Chezzie

Little Swimmers

Post by Chezzie »

These are my eldests fish

weather loach is called Little Lightening

2 whiteish looking fish are called Billybob and the bigger of the two is called Billybob jenkins

The spotty orange one is called TunaRoll

qsducks

Little Swimmers

Post by qsducks »

Love the name "tunaroll":wah:
Chezzie

Little Swimmers

Post by Chezzie »

The youngest's fishies:D

Black one is called Connor

speckled one is called Ashley

The one with two black eyes is Abbie

and the other is called chloe

Kathy Ellen

Little Swimmers

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Chezzie, that is sooooo cute. That's the 1st things kids need to do, right? It's important to give everyone a name. What a nice idea for your girls:-6

Good luck with your fishies...
Chezzie

Little Swimmers

Post by Chezzie »

Kathy Ellen;922689 wrote: Chezzie, that is sooooo cute. That's the 1st things kids need to do, right? It's important to give everyone a name. What a nice idea for your girls:-6

Good luck with your fishies...

Thanks Kathy hun

My youngest was so excited at the aquatic shop that she nearly had an asthma attack and we had to calm her down lol...They love them.

Youngest said this is the best day of my life except for the day you born me mummy:-4:-4
Carolly

Little Swimmers

Post by Carolly »

Chezzie;922696 wrote: Thanks Kathy hun

My youngest was so excited at the aquatic shop that she nearly had an asthma attack and we had to calm her down lol...They love them.

Youngest said this is the best day of my life except for the day you born me mummy:-4:-4OH BLESS....Thats such a dear sweet fing to say......so tell me......when do I bring the chips round;):D:driving:
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

Little Swimmers

Post by kazalala »

Chezzie;922696 wrote: Thanks Kathy hun

Youngest said this is the best day of my life except for the day you born me mummy:-4:-4

Omg how cute!!!!!:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Chezzie

Little Swimmers

Post by Chezzie »

why do I feel like a proud parent...Showing my fishy off :wah::wah:
Kathy Ellen

Little Swimmers

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Chezzie;922735 wrote: why do I feel like a proud parent...Showing my fishy off :wah::wah:

You know why Chez....because you made your girls soooooooo happy. You are a good mommie:-6 Kids need living things to take care of. Do your girls have webkinz....my school kidlets are sooooo into them...they even go on the webkins computer site.
Chezzie

Little Swimmers

Post by Chezzie »

Not heard of webkins Kathy???
Kathy Ellen

Little Swimmers

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Try this site Chezzie...think your girls will like it. I know that there's other game sites also for the kids. My kids love, love the webkinz...they're the rage here....They're lovely, little stuffed animals that you can virtually take care of, name and play with...lovely:-6

http://www.webkinz.com/us_en/

Chez...if your girls like them and you can't get them in the UK...I'll send some over
Chezzie

Little Swimmers

Post by Chezzie »

Kathy Ellen;922771 wrote: Try this site Chezzie...think your girls will like it. I know that there's other game sites also for the kids. My kids love, love the webkinz...they're the rage here....They're lovely, little stuffed animals that you can virtually take care of, name and play with...lovely:-6

http://www.webkinz.com/us_en/

Chez...if your girls like them and you can't get them in the UK...I'll send some over

Awwww your so lubberly:-4

My girls have some interative cuddlies called Shining Stars, where u buy the stuffed toy and then reg on online with a code and interact. I think their on the same lines. That site looks fun, ill get them to check it out.
G#Gill

Little Swimmers

Post by G#Gill »

Nice pics Chez, and it is such a good idea for children to understand responsibility by having pets. So long as poor old mum doesn't have to keep looking after them, cleaning them out and feeding them - which sometimes happens :sneaky: ;) :rolleyes: :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Chezzie

Little Swimmers

Post by Chezzie »

G#Gill;922808 wrote: Nice pics Chez, and it is such a good idea for children to understand responsibility by having pets. So long as poor old mum doesn't have to keep looking after them, cleaning them out and feeding them - which sometimes happens :sneaky: ;) :rolleyes: :D

Exactly thats why were experimenting on the smaller aquarium. Youngest has asked for an aquarium for her birthday, type on a stand ect...Megga bucks so this is a trial till October, if I end up doing everything, it wont be happening. I dont expect them to do the partial tank clean, maybe the eldest but not the youngest , not yet, butI do expect them to feed them and take an interest.
kazalala

Little Swimmers

Post by kazalala »

Chezzie;922819 wrote: Exactly thats why were experimenting on the smaller aquarium. Youngest has asked for an aquarium for her birthday, type on a stand ect...Megga bucks so this is a trial till October, if I end up doing everything, it wont be happening. I dont expect them to do the partial tank clean, maybe the eldest but not the youngest , not yet, butI do expect them to feed them and take an interest.

Good idea Chez;)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

Little Swimmers

Post by qsducks »

Quin has a webkinz site and he has several animals including a platypus (looks like duck):wah: Gets on all the time and plays.
G#Gill

Little Swimmers

Post by G#Gill »

Chezzie;922819 wrote: Exactly thats why were experimenting on the smaller aquarium. Youngest has asked for an aquarium for her birthday, type on a stand ect...Megga bucks so this is a trial till October, if I end up doing everything, it wont be happening. I dont expect them to do the partial tank clean, maybe the eldest but not the youngest , not yet, butI do expect them to feed them and take an interest.

Looks like you've got it sussed Mrs :wah: Good batting thinkman !!!! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Carolly

Little Swimmers

Post by Carolly »

Chezzie;922735 wrote: why do I feel like a proud parent...Showing my fishy off :wah::wah:cause yer sad:wah::wah::wah:;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Accountable

Little Swimmers

Post by Accountable »

Cute fish & love the names! :) It looks like you were able to avoid the expensive tank?
Chezzie

Little Swimmers

Post by Chezzie »

Accountable;923081 wrote: Cute fish & love the names! :) It looks like you were able to avoid the expensive tank?

For now, but in the aquatic store they had the most fabulous fish and we all fell in love with this cow fish it was £45 but so unusual.

kazalala

Little Swimmers

Post by kazalala »

Chezzie;923094 wrote: For now, but in the aquatic store they had the most fabulous fish and we all fell in love with this cow fish it was £45 but so unusual.

:wah: thats a great fish Chez!

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Accountable

Little Swimmers

Post by Accountable »

Chezzie;923094 wrote: For now, but in the aquatic store they had the most fabulous fish and we all fell in love with this cow fish it was £45 but so unusual.

Wow! But that's got to be a saltwater fish, right?
Chezzie

Little Swimmers

Post by Chezzie »

Accountable;923108 wrote: Wow! But that's got to be a saltwater fish, right?

Yeah its a tropical fish. They range from the Red Sea to Marquesas and Tuam Islands, including Korea, Japan, and Lord Howe Islands.They can grow up to 18 inches in the wild, but seldom reach more than 12 inches in captivity. Even so, they require an extremely large aquarium of 135 to 180 gallons.

Be a while till were experienced enough to move onto tropical:o
Accountable

Little Swimmers

Post by Accountable »

Chezzie;923112 wrote: Yeah its a tropical fish. They range from the Red Sea to Marquesas and Tuam Islands, including Korea, Japan, and Lord Howe Islands.They can grow up to 18 inches in the wild, but seldom reach more than 12 inches in captivity. Even so, they require an extremely large aquarium of 135 to 180 gallons.

Be a while till were experienced enough to move onto tropical:o
:yh_sweat WAY out of my league!

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”